"You Got That White Girl Flow" [PICS]

^^^^ Gissell, a white girl can keeps hers. I will take your flow ANY day of the week!!

257ec24f1a1decc2d773be397e2bee96.gif

thanks lol...

This thread annoyed me..Not the white girl part...but the Natural vs. relaxed tone. Is done! old. Let's move on and do the BEST you can for how you WANT to keep your hair.

And yes i agree with many ladies here relaxed hair has to be super clean and product free (or very little) to keep flow and bounce. but most importantly health which is something a lot of women lack.

Last edited:
thanks lol...

This thread annoyed me..Not the white girl part...but the Natural vs. relaxed tone. Is done! old. Let's move on and do the BEST you can for how you WANT to keep your hair.

And yes i agree with many ladies here relaxed hair has to be super clean and product free (or very little) to keep flow and bounce. but most importantly health which is something a lot of women lack.
Yup threads like this annoys me to, every time i see an thread like this i just wanna it down.
funny.gif

Last edited:
My hair was shiny and full of body as a relaxed head (roller/rod sets, flat iron, etc). It was also full of bounce as heat straightened natural. My wash and go is also full of bounce/boing (relaxed and natural).

I have witnessed stiff natural hair as well as relaxed/ It is all about technique. How frequently one washes their hair can be a factor as well. Sometimes the longer people wait between washings, they get less movement towards the end. Perhaps this is do to continued use of product which causes build up. (Disclaimer - yes, there are exceptions).

Why do "white girls" get so much hair cred. I don't see the referenced "flow" any more than I do any other hair type.

This thread is just funny to me! I feel like OP posted the question because she knew the type of responses she would get. Everyone has a choice as to how they want to wear their hair..relaxed or natural. I take care of my relaxed hair its is pretty healthy and has silky flow just like yours OP..maybe even a little more silky IMO. Get over yourself. No hair type is better than any others as long as you take care of it...that has to be the bottom line. Period.

I think people go crazy when there's a change period.

When I used to straighten my hair a lot for a year no one said anything. Then when I started wearing it in its shrunken curly fro state everyone went NUTS and said ALWAYS WEAR IT LIKE THAT. Black, white, everybody, all levels lol.

Now if I wear my hair straight since I'm normally curly it's like WOW! (Different folks though).

Not gonna comment on the "white girl." As far as swang with natural versus permed I've noticed that too sometimes BUT I've seen permed heads have swang when they get a wash and set/blow out. So technique has something to do with it.

This thread is just funny to me! I feel like OP posted the question because she knew the type of responses she would get. Everyone has a choice as to how they want to wear their hair..relaxed or natural. I take care of my relaxed hair its is pretty healthy and has silky flow just like yours OP..maybe even a little more silky IMO. Get over yourself. No hair type is better than any others as long as you take care of it...that has to be the bottom line. Period.

U know I felt that way, and then I gave her the benefit of the doubt, but then I thought about how the title of the thread insinuated that there would be pics of said swang in this thread. Instead there was a link to a thread that was already made:look:. I was expecting to see some swang in action...in this thread in particular. That in itself made me give the side eye.

This is not a relaxed vs. natural issue. It's an issue of healthy hair care practices vs. unhealhty hair care practices. I'm really trying not to give the OP the *side eye*

I am sure a lot of people respect your opinion. The problem is some people on this board need to realize not EVERYONE cares or wants to be natural. At this point in my life (maybe later) i don't want it....Yes a lot of naturals have full, thick beautiful hair (not all).. All that is natural is not beautiful IMO..:look:

I am sure that women IRL and here know about the natural movement but maybe just maybe they don't want it or like it. that's OK too as long as is kept healthy.

:clap::amen:

The term "white girl flow" just sound ignorant to me. And you were told you have that flow or better yet believe you do?:lachen:

Relaxed or natural you can have naturally thick hair or thin hair. Some people can be born with thin hair, and some people can be born with thick hair !!! the same thing with edges.

Last edited:
U know I felt that way, and then I gave her the benefit of the doubt, but then I thought about how the title of the thread insinuated that there would be pics of said swang in this thread. Instead there was a link to a thread that was already made:look:. I was expecting to see some swang in action...in this thread in particular. That in itself made me give the side eye.

Come bask in my glory.... again! :look:

Is it just me, or does the natural/relaxed saga remind anyone of School Daze?

WAKE UPPPPPP! :drunk:

:yep:

That's what really stuck out to me in this thread. Before seeing this thread, I had already seen that other thread she created which she posted a link to in her original post. It's almost like she wanted more hits or comments on the thread that was already made. :perplexed

Come bask in my glory.... again! :look:

:yep:

Pretty much! And there wasn't white girl flow in that one either. But it did look nice tho.

The whole PIC thing was an excuse to ask something rude and get ppl to go back to the other thread. :perplexed IMO

Back