"You Got That White Girl Flow" [PICS]

Uhhh, trying to stay away from here but....
While I do think that the "white girl flow" term is really stupid, what is wrong with acknowledging the fact that for Black women, 90% of the time, our hair is not going to "flow" if its in its natural state. I have seen plenty of Black women, relaxed and natural straightened that have that silky flowing hair look. But most Black women I know with natural hair, not straightened, and not relaxed, do not have flowing hair. Is there something wrong with that? Not to say that all White women have "flow" either, but what's wrong with acknowledging that for the most part our hair is different from theirs?

OMG I've always wanted to use this GIF!

30xjrtl.jpg

I saw this earlier and thought the same thing about the whole picture thing:rolleyes:. What some of us do to garner more hits/thank yous. Is that why it was missing this morning?

actually, i posted the link because I didn't care to go through the trouble of uploading or taking a new pic. I'M LAZY. SUIT ME!

so as it relates to the comment of trying to garner "Thanks'"...is there a prize to be won for having certain number of "Thanks'"? let me know what i'm missing. and if i wanted hits, i could of simply "bump....." as everyone else does.

no biggie to me. :blowkiss:

Last edited:
lol...shtow...you are so forthright as always :):lachen:
Yeap. And I have learned to appreciate that from many of the members here.

I don't see the need for a lock.
  • No one broke any rules.
  • No one was called out of their names or cussed out.
  • No one was threated.
  • No one posted pics of someone child:rolleyes:; it's just an open discussion.
Not everyone is going to put sugar on top of the truth. It is what it is.

actually, i posted the link because I didn't care to go through the trouble of uploading or taking a new pic. so as it relates to the comment of trying to garner "Thanks'"...is there a prize to be won for having certain number of "Thanks'"? let me know what i'm missing. and if i wanted hits, i could of simply "bump....." as everyone else does.

no biggie to me. :blowkiss:
But with a simple *bump* we might've missed out on all the wonderous praise and glory you received, particularly the coveted and repeated "white girl flow" prize.

C'mon. In hindsight, you HAVE to see that your wording your original, and some subsequent posts, were potentially offensive, at best. And, a *bump* would've been preferable. I was hoping the thread gets locked but, it's no biggie to you so....:sandm: (wow).

I think you (OP) posed a legitimate question, because I always wondered the same thing! It possibly has something to do with the action of the chemical on the hair...maybe it becomes more porous and stiff...also, many relaxed heads (not on hair boards/into hair care, which is the majority) don't know a damn thang about moisture/protein balance, or straightening technique, which could very well account for whether they get the flexibility and lightness to the hair that would give them "White Girl Flow..." That is, if they wanted it. :look:

No offense here. I'm out.

Last edited:
I think you posed a legitimate question, because I always wondered the same thing! It possibly has something to do with the action of the chemical on the hair...maybe it becomes more porous and stiff...especially when many relaxed heads seen in public don't know a damn thang about moisture and protein balance...let alone how to take care of their relaxed hair. :look:

Same goes for Naturals, white people, and everyone else. Let me just go up to a random person and ask them about moisture/protein balance. Im sure their reaction will be :look:

But with a simple *bump* we might've missed out on all the wonderous praise and glory you received, particularly the coveted and repeated "white girl flow" prize.

C'mon. In hindsight, you HAVE to see that your wording your original, and some subsequent posts, were potentially offensive, at best. And, a *bump* would've been preferable. I was hoping the thread gets locked but, it's no biggie to you so....:sandm: (wow).
Not only that but usually when someone says please don't stone me they know they are probably offending someone.

For the record...Relaxed, to me does not equal lifeless hair. I have a number of girlfriends with relaxed, flowy tresses. So I know it is possible. But honestly, that is not the majority of what I see.

I made an observation and I'm asking a follow up question.
b/c the a lot of the lifeless stiff haired relaxed women don't follow proper hair care regimens. I believe its just that simple.

Same goes for Naturals, white people, and everyone else. Let me just go up to a random person and ask them about moisture/protein balance. Im sure their reaction will be :look:

True, but we are speaking of "relaxed heads" in this thread. I wasn't offended by the original comment, though I've had relaxed hair for many years. It's really a matter of perspective, and that's all. Some people get offended when the truth is pointed out. :rolleyes:

And for the record, the MAJORITY of relaxed heads who are not into hair care or hair boards DO HAVE stiff, lifeless hair. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THAT WAY, and PEOPLE WHO POINT THAT OUT SHOULD NOT BE STONED OR BASHED. Hell, my thing is, if you want different results, try something DIFFERENT! Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome is, in itself, insanity. I myself have had stiff, lifeless hair many years ago, but guess what? I wanted something different, so I upped the ante and started a HHJ. It's that simple.

Last edited:
True, but we are speaking of "relaxed heads" in this thread. I wasn't offended by the original comment, though I've had relaxed hair for many years. It's really a matter of perspective, and that's all. Some people get offended when the truth is pointed out. :rolleyes:

Ok and as a "relaxed head", my hair had swang before joining LHCF.

I'm not offended but I did feel that the OP was rude. I guess you weren't because you as well make generalizations about hair on a hair board. :rolleyes:

And for the record, the MAJORITY of relaxed heads who are not into hair care or hair boards DO HAVE stiff, lifeless hair. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THAT WAY, and PEOPLE WHO POINT THAT OUT SHOULD NOT BE STONED OR BASHED. Hell, my thing is, if you want different results, try something DIFFERENT! Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome is, in itself, insanity. I myself have had stiff, lifeless hair many years ago, but guess what? I wanted something different, so I upped the ante and started a HHJ. It's that simple.

Very true. Which is why I said in the thread OP provided the link to, she tried something different and had better results :yep:

I'm not offended but I did feel that the OP was rude. I guess you weren't because you as well make generalizations about hair on a hair board. :rolleyes:

And, before LHCF (in fact, 10 yrs b4) so did mine. No, I wasn't offended. That's what I said in my first posted response to the thread.

I have more important things to do than argue over my response to what someone else said. :violin: SPARE ME. There are bigger fish to fry in this house. Buh-Bye. :driver:

:yep: LHCF has introduced me to extra products and techniques, but some people forget that there are ladies who already had healthy hair practices and LHCF is just a bonus.

And, before LHCF (in fact, 10 yrs b4) so did mine. No, I wasn't offended. That's what I said in my first posted response to the thread.

I have more important things to do than argue over my response to what someone else said. :violin: SPARE ME. There are bigger fish to fry in this house. Buh-Bye. :driver:

Right but you went back to your OP both times and added paragraphs.

Thanks.:yep:

I think there are a great number of black women, relaxed or natural, who have lifeless hair due to lack of knowledge, overprocessing, using the wrong products, etc etc etc...and i don't take offense to anyone's comments =)

I was a little :look: when I read that comment because I know my hair is on point EV-VER-REE day. Swang turnt up 100%. But I do see a whole lot of busted relaxed heads on the daily. Does that mean that all relaxed heads can't get "swang"? No. Put simply, it just means they don't know wth they're doing :perplexed Now you know as well as all of us that 90% of the ladies on this board with relaxed hair have volume, swang, and everything to offer. For you to make a generalization like that makes me wonder :rolleyes: Do not compare LCHF to the busted heads you see in public because we are a minority believe it or not. If I asked a random person what LCHF was they'd look at me like I was a fool. Now I was going to touch on the pictures but I feel that the other ladies dealt with that accordingly.

Pretty much! And there wasn't white girl flow in that one either. But it did look nice tho.

The whole PIC thing was an excuse to ask something rude and get ppl to go back to the other thread. :perplexed IMO

:yep: I completely agree..sometimes people just want a "popular thread"

It has nothing to do with being relaxed or natural. Its all about the technique. As a relaxed head I've always had that "flow" even prior to LHCF because I know exactly what to do to my hair to get it swangable. I have a friend who i've known for 4 years, she's natural, and I've only seen her hair swang twice since I met her. That was when a stylist did it. Every other time its lifeless, flat, and has zero movement. Everyone relaxed, natural, black, white, hispanic, indian, or asian can get that "flow" with the right tools and technique.

It has nothing to do with being relaxed or natural. Its all about the technique. As a relaxed head I've always had that "flow" even prior to LHCF because I know exactly what to do to my hair to get it swangable. I have a friend who i've known for 4 years, she's natural, and I've only seen her hair swang twice since I met her. That was when a stylist did it. Every other time its lifeless, flat, and has zero movement. Everyone relaxed, natural, black, white, hispanic, indian, or asian can get that "flow" with the right tools and technique.

See I do believe that black women can get flow and swang, but I don't believe you can take a 4Z natural with super thick or coarse hair and transform it into a 1a/b-- no matter how healthy, no matter what techniques it just ain't gonna happen.

same thing if they get a relaxer...

See I do believe that black women can get flow and swang, but I don't believe you can take a 4Z natural with super thick or coarse hair and transform it into a 1a/b-- no matter how healthy, no matter what techniques it just ain't gonna happen.

same thing if they get a relaxer...

I didn't say it was going to look like a 1a/b. It doesn't have to look like a 1a/b to have flow IMO. But you would be amazed what a dominican blowout can do.

Back