Why is it when the man cheats other people tell the woman to forgive and get over it?

Re: Why is it when the man cheats other people tell the woman to forgive and get over

Why didn't he just date me? I asked him this question and his answer was that he didn't want to lose me.. huh? Well, now he will lose me for life! Its called being greedy and selfish.

Interesting question.

First, so sorry for your hurt. I was reading the thread to see if it would be mentioned if your husband was well off or did financially well...someone in the thread answered this. I assumed this was the case.

Unfortunately, women will excuse bad behavior when a man makes a lot of money.

Next, as you asked...Why didn't he just date you? His money gives him his sense of entitlement that he can have you and still behave poorly.

Again, Sorry for your situation.

Re: Why is it when the man cheats other people tell the woman to forgive and get over

I don't know why people do that. My ex cheated and his grandmother couldn't believe that I would give up on my marriage. She advised me to work it out. It was at that point I realized the real reason older couples stayed married so long.

I know this old, but it's true. I know of zero marriages of people married 30+years without infidelity. So when people boast about long marriages, I :rolleyes: because I question just how much each spouse went through.

To OP......

My views are:

First of all,'' to friends and family", keep out of my personal business.

Next. I have the option to forgive and forget.

And I choose not to do either.

Simply because I don't have to.

And I can still get on with my life.

Back