When a Man Loves a Woman...What Does He do to Show it?

Shimmie...you are fantastic! Thank you so much for your kind words :kiss: and well wishes to you and your relationship...from what I've been reading, he sounds like a keeper ;) Many blessings to you!
Yes :yep: My handsome Baby is a keeper, indeed. Thank you so much for your loving wishes as well. I mean it with all of my heart.

You know what? The saying that it takes a 'Village to raise a child"; well it takes a village to heal and protect our marriages and loving relationships.

We MUST support the gift of love between a man and a woman. We must support each other's relationships. I believe this is an important element in raising our children...for 'we' are their 'Villiage.' What they see us live, they are being taught and will carry into their adult lives and into the next generation. We're the ONLY tie strong enough to keep this world from falling apart. Strong families of Color truly Do indeed exist.

I don't believe that we've lost this valued treasure of love and marriage, that God has given to us. Men and Women DO exist who have true relationships...especially BLACK MEN and BLACK Women DO exist as One.

I believe in supporting other races as well, be they interracial; inter-culture, let love live between each of us, no matter what color.

Let the children reap the love in our "Village" of Strong loving marriages and relationships between a man and a woman. So that in this we shall never die.

Last edited:
I have to share this about my 'Sweetheart'...

He makes me laugh. I mean 'really' fall out laughing with tears and sore tummie muscles. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And he 'knows' my laugh 'trigger'. He knows just what to say and when to break my composure and I lose it and laugh until I can't laugh anymore.

He missed his calling. The thing is, he can tell a story with such 'calm' and seriousness and at the same time, it's hysterical. He has a way of 'calling me out'. He knows my moods, motives and we both get so tickled when he's 'on to me' about something.

But here's the thing about the laughter. His timing; his sensing about my spirit when I'm stressed. He always seems to know when I need to laugh about something to forget about the stress.

He's saying to me, "Baby, I hear you and I care, let's take care of it and replace it with a smile...the joke's on me...not you."

I thank God for this man's heart. I really do. For laughter doeth good like a medicine...

:love2: :heart2: :love2: :heart2: :love2:

He makes me laugh. I mean 'really' fall out laughing with tears and sore tummie muscles. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And he 'knows' my laugh 'trigger'. He knows just what to say and when to break my composure and I lose it and laugh until I can't laugh anymore.

He missed his calling. The thing is, he can tell a story with such 'calm' and seriousness and at the same time, it's hysterical. He has a way of 'calling me out'. He knows my moods, motives and we both get so tickled when he's 'on to me' about something.

But here's the thing about the laughter. His timing; his sensing about my spirit when I'm stressed. He always seems to know when I need to laugh about something to forget about the stress.

He's saying to me, "Baby, I hear you and I care, let's take care of it and replace it with a smile...the joke's on me...not you."

I thank God for this man's heart. I really do. For laughter doeth good like a medicine...

Awwwwww what a blessing. He's a keeper! :grin:

aww Shimmie is in love...
Kissing first come love then comes marriage..LOL

Shimmie its so great to read and feel your love via computer...
But i feel the love by the way you express it..

Love on Ms. Shimmie Love on..

aww Shimmie is in love...
Kissing first come love then comes marriage..LOL

Shimmie its so great to read and feel your love via computer...
But i feel the love by the way you express it..

Love on Ms. Shimmie Love on..
Thanks angel :kiss:

But -- Whew! For a minute there, I thought you were going to finish the rhyme with, 'then comes Shimmie with a 'Baby Carriage'.... :shocked: :spinning: :drunk: :nono: :lol: :lachen:

Whew! Thank Goodness! Had me scared there for a moment or two...:spinning:

Oh my! What a blessed group of women! I have a wonderful hubby who I love to pieces, and I know he loves me as well.

He makes the bed EVERY morning.
He brings home my favorite candy, even though my favorite changes weekly, he somehow knows exactly what I want.
He gives me the last bite of his food (if I want it).
He constantly tells me how beautiful and smart and wonderful I am.
He tells me I'll always be his girl.
He is starting to read some of my favorite books so we can talk about them.
He dances with me at home (I love ballet, and it's cute for him to pretend to be a ballet dancer and do the lifts and all!)
He lets me win (sometimes) when we pillow fight.
He kisses me every night, even though I'm usually asleep when he gets home from work. Sometimes, I pretend to be asleep, and I can feel him just lingering at my side or resting his hand on my back for a little while.
He always tells me how pretty my hair looks, and he supports all of my hair goals.
He takes allergy medicine so I can keep my cats.

Goodness! I have such a good man.

Last edited:
Oh my! What a blessed group of women! I have a wonderful hubby who I love to pieces, and I know he loves me as well.

He makes the bed EVERY morning.
He brings home my favorite candy, even though my favorite changes weekly, he somehow knows exactly what I want.
He gives me the last bite of his food (if I want it).
He constantly tells me how beautiful and smart and wonderful I am.
He tells me I'll always be his girl.
He is starting to read some of my favorite books so we can talk about them.
He dances with me at home (I love ballet, and it's cute for him to pretend to be a ballet dancer and do the lifts and all!)
He lets me win (sometimes) when we pillow fight.
He kisses me every night, even though I'm usually asleep when he gets home from work. Sometimes, I pretend to be asleep, and I can feel him just lingering at my side or resting his hand on my back for a little while.
He always tells me how pretty my hair looks, and he supports all of my hair goals.
He takes allergy medicine so I can keep my cats.

Goodness! I have such a good man.

Awwwwww :cry3: Now see, this man of yours is really something -- he makes the bed? God love him :yep:

All that you've shared is indeed so very special. But even more special is 'he' for all that he does for you comes from his heart.

I wish you love eternal and Heaven's love to shower you each day from above...for always.

Give your husband a great big hug from each of us. Yeah :yep: we love him too for being so very special to you. :grouphug:

God bless you both for always...:love2:

Shimmie, you are such a sweetie! God has been so very good to us, and I have to thank Him everyday for blessing me with such a wonderful hubby.

Aww SHIMMIE!!! I am soo happy for you!! I wish you two nothing but the best!

Me and my sweetie just hit a rough patch so I decided I'd use this thread to remind myself of why I love him so much.

He always finds some way to touch me
He stares and me and grins like a little kid when I catch him
He is one of my best friends
One look at him and I turn into a 6 year old girl
I love how deep his voice is
He compliments me
He plays with me like we are kids
He is proud of me
He looks after me and protects me
He will try anything at least once with me
Even when he wants to stay home and chill, he will go out with me to a resturant, movie or hang out with my friends because he knows I love to go out.
He tries to expose me to new things
He has been so patient with me through this rough patch we hit recently
He doesn't like it, but he puts up with my PMS...even though I'm considered a "sensative lunatic" during this time.:lachen:

He puts me first...It's always what I want to do
He loves me for who I am..."Flaws and All"

*exits thread to call her baby*

Shimmie, you are such a sweetie! God has been so very good to us, and I have to thank Him everyday for blessing me with such a wonderful hubby.
And so are you precious one...so are you.

You know what? Each post in this thread is a 'prayer' of Thanksgiving. For when we show appreciation, it's giving honor to God for our beautiful relationships. :heart2:

God is well-pleased. :yep:

Aww SHIMMIE!!! I am soo happy for you!! I wish you two nothing but the best!

Me and my sweetie just hit a rough patch so I decided I'd use this thread to remind myself of why I love him so much.

He always finds some way to touch me
He stares and me and grins like a little kid when I catch him
He is one of my best friends
One look at him and I turn into a 6 year old girl
I love how deep his voice is
He compliments me
He plays with me like we are kids
He is proud of me
He looks after me and protects me
He will try anything at least once with me
Even when he wants to stay home and chill, he will go out with me to a resturant, movie or hang out with my friends because he knows I love to go out.
He tries to expose me to new things
He has been so patient with me through this rough patch we hit recently
He doesn't like it, but he puts up with my PMS...even though I'm considered a "sensative lunatic" during this time.:lachen:

He puts me first...It's always what I want to do
He loves me for who I am..."Flaws and All"

*exits thread to call her baby*
Hmmmmm, God makes all the crooked places straight; all the high places low; and He crushes into dust, the gates of iron.

P31woman, your post is a prayer of Thanksgiving, the open door to love and forgiveness; a new beginning for love to grow even more stronger.

Give him a great big hug from all of us... :grouphug:

Blessings of eternal love, angel. :love2:

I am late in finding this thread, but I was really crying reading all of the posts. I am so happy for you all, and I wish you all nothing but happiness!

I always get on my SO about how he doesn't show me how much he loves me, and I am always focusing on the negatives...this thread was really an eye opener because I never sat down to realize he shows me in his own way.

- he sends me text messages all day long. sometimes just to say "i love you" or "thinking about you"
- he always calls me baby or poo
- he kisses me on my forehead
- I don't cook...but I do make him breakfast so one day he calls me from home and says "baby I just made myself breakfast and it wasn't as good as yours" and of course it made me cheese because in reality I only know how to make breakfast:look:
- one night while out riding I was freezing, and he kept asking me if I was cold, and I kept saying no I am fine. So finally he got on his bike and rode off. So everyone kept asking me where he went, and I got annoyed because he didn't tell me. When he came back he had a pack of mens Tshirts that he bought from the gas station (the only store that was open at 1 am) for me because I was cold
- If he has to leave before me or if I am asleep when he comes over he gently kisses me on my forehead (which always wakes me up)
- I don't condone this, but I got into a heated argument with a girl that sometimes rides with him and his friends. He went up to her and told her to back off and because she had disrespected me, she couldn't utter a word to him ever again.

I am late in finding this thread, but I was really crying reading all of the posts. I am so happy for you all, and I wish you all nothing but happiness!

I always get on my SO about how he doesn't show me how much he loves me, and I am always focusing on the negatives...this thread was really an eye opener because I never sat down to realize he shows me in his own way.

- he sends me text messages all day long. sometimes just to say "i love you" or "thinking about you"
- I don't cook...but I do make him breakfast so one day he calls me from home and says "baby I just made myself breakfast and it wasn't as good as yours" and of course it made me cheese because in reality I only know how to make breakfast:look:
- one night while out riding I was freezing, and he kept asking me if I was cold, and I kept saying no I am fine. So finally he got on his bike and rode off. So everyone kept asking me where he went, and I got annoyed because he didn't tell me. When he came back he had a pack of mens Tshirts that he bought from the gas station (the only store that was open at 1 am) for me because I was cold
- If he has to leave before me or if I am asleep when he comes over he gently kisses me on my forehead (which always wakes me up)
- I don't condone this, but I got into a heated argument with a girl that sometimes rides with him and his friends. He went up to her and told her to back off and because she had disrespected me, she couldn't utter a word to him ever again.

Oh, now that is too sweet!

When I was in college, and he didn't have a car, he would have his homies drive him Kroger to do my grocery shopping, and he even bought lady area stuff.

Stupid but...he would spend nearly his last money to catch the bus to come see me.

He would date me by bus. He would pick me up and take my out and see me back to the dorms (cute then, but now :nono:).

Kiss me before he/I left for work in the morning.

Cook for me.

Took care or me when I was sick.

There is more but I shouldn't reminisce on this particular relationship any more...

What a special thread.......

Although he can be spoiled sometimes, I have to admit that my Husband has shown me love that NO OTHER Man has ever shown....

He has been the son to my mother, brother to my sister and uncle to my nieces, in the place of my brother that we loss years ago in a car accident.....that alone means alot to me because he has become the "man" of our family.

I lost my father last year in December and for my birthday later that month he rented a private jet (just me, him, the pilot and co-pilot) and we flew to a resort in NC for the weekend where he set up spa treatments for me...That was so sweet of him because he knew that stress that I was going through that month. :heart2:

This is beautiful Imtush...:giveheart: I wish you beautiful love forever. :yep:

The pack of T-Shirts makes me cry; it's so sweet and loving. :cry3: :love2:

What a special thread.......

Although he can be spoiled sometimes, I have to admit that my Husband has shown me love that NO OTHER Man has ever shown....

He has been the son to my mother, brother to my sister and uncle to my nieces, in the place of my brother that we loss years ago in a car accident.....that alone means alot to me because he has become the "man" of our family.

I lost my father last year in December and for my birthday later that month he rented a private jet (just me, him, the pilot and co-pilot) and we flew to a resort in NC for the weekend where he set up spa treatments for me...That was so sweet of him because he knew that stress that I was going through that month. :heart2:
Through every season, without rhyme nor reason, your husband loves you without end.

I see your husband as "Jabez" who asked and allowed God to 'enlarge' his territory...his heart so that he would have more room to love each of you.

You are so blessed. Would you tell your husband how much he is loved by us as well? He's a shining hope and reality that 'Men' do indeed love the 'one' woman whom God has joined him to. Amen. :giveheart:

When I was in college, and he didn't have a car, he would have his homies drive him Kroger to do my grocery shopping, and he even bought lady area stuff.

Stupid but...he would spend nearly his last money to catch the bus to come see me.

He would date me by bus. He would pick me up and take my out and see me back to the dorms (cute then, but now :nono:).

Kiss me before he/I left for work in the morning.

Cook for me.

Took care or me when I was sick.

There is more but I shouldn't reminisce on this particular relationship any more...
To 'him', you were worth every sacrifice. :yep: I believe that he was an angel sent by God to watch over you as He would for that time in your life away from home.

I thank God that you experienced sacrificial love so early in your adult life. You too have share 'proof' that men do love and care for us.

God bless you, angel. :giveheart:

Through every season, without rhyme nor reason, your husband loves you without end.

I see your husband as "Jabez" who asked and allowed God to 'enlarge' his territory...his heart so that he would have more room to love each of you.

You are so blessed. Would you tell your husband how much he is loved by us as well? He's a shining hope and reality that 'Men' do indeed love the 'one' woman whom God has joined him to. Amen. :giveheart:

Thank You for those words...truly touching. He has been a Blessing in so many lives, not only my family but his as well and I will let him know that he is also loved by the ladies on the "hair stuff" as he calls it.

I am truly truly thankful for him everyday. I have co-worker that just passed unexpectedly last weekend at age 35 (think it was a heart attack) and I know how much he loved his wife and I cannot imagine what she is going through now. It is situations like this that puts your life and relationships in perspective if they are already not.

Once again...Thank you for your words....

a lot of these stories brought tears to my eyes. i never knew men like this existed hopefully this thread still exists when my time comes

Last edited:
Just when I thought he couldn't get any sweeter...

He suprised me today by buying me a bicycle so we can ride our bikes together out on the lake front ths fall!!! :yep:

He's also helping me by taking charge of my storage space wasted money by helping me move into his free storage space and sell the extra stuff!

Tonight he wants me to spend the night because he wants to "spoil me like a princess". This includes a home cooked meal of linguini and clam sauce, a nice foot rub, and helping me do my hair. :yawn:

I thanked him by writing a very long and loving message in a nice card. :rolleyes:
Next weekend is his B-day and he's never been asked out on a date so I'm taking him out for a steak dinner and tickets to see Blue Man Group!

I love this thread! Thinking back to some of the absolute BS that I have put up with in the past, I think it's helpful to hear how the men in our lives express their love and affection for us. It gives a little perspective. Everyone expresses love differently but I think it doesn't matter what the person does to show it (unless it's something crazy like- "I love you so much that's why I beat you!" :perplexed) I think the important thing is that both people feel loved and cared for.

I love this thread! Thinking back to some of the absolute BS that I have put up with in the past, I think it's helpful to hear how the men in our lives express their love and affection for us. It gives a little perspective. Everyone expresses love differently but I think it doesn't matter what the person does to show it (unless it's something crazy like- "I love you so much that's why I beat you!" :perplexed) I think the important thing is that both people feel loved and cared for.
"Thank You" JenFleets, you are speaking the beautiful truth. We need ot focus more on the 'Positive' things about our relationships. Love for Love, we can't lose speaking the language of love.

I wish you much happiness and enjoy that foot rub...I wish you many, many more. God bless you in life and in love for always. I mean this sincerely. :giveheart:

i lot of these stories brought tears to my eyes. i never knew men like this existed hopefully this thread still exists when my time comes
It will and I wish you the love of a lifetime to share with us.

God bless you, angel...:kiss:

I think one thing in particular my husband does is that he allows me to be me, and yet still by my side as my loudest cheerleader. I've never been a materialistic person. So frankly, its not all about gifts... even though he does buy things.

I like the fact that I can tell him anything, express whatever opinion I have, be in whatever kind of mood, and he knows how to respond.

I don't have to tell him to be sensitive to my mood swings.. or to act like he's listening to me ... even if one eye is still on the game. He responds to me.... me.... me....

I don't always have to be the caterer to his needs, moods, and habits. Even though there are times when I have to be. In fact, it might sound crazy to say, but he's shown me how to be more attentive in the relationship. :drunk: That was real deep to me.

It will and I wish you the love of a lifetime to share with us.

God bless you, angel...:kiss:

thanks shimmie that means a lot coming from you.
God is good. Everything happens for a reason. i just need to hold on and thank Him that he is already answered my prayers.

I can truly say that my man is my best friend. He is everything that I prayed for! I remember when we first started dating I didn't think that it would go any further than the first date. I mean, we seemed so different. He called me after the first date and I decided to give him a second chance and I am glad i did. This man would drive 45 min. just to purchase something at the retail store that i was working at because he just couldn't wait until I got off to see me. He constantly tells me that I'm his angel and that he will always love me forever and ever. He loves me when I don't love myself, He believes in me when i stop....it's like everyday i fall in love with him all over again. Just the other day I came home from a long day of work. He greeted me at the door with a kiss and continued to watch the game. I walked in our bedroom and there was a big vase filled with a dozen red roses:blush: He walks in and says I just wanted you to know that I love you so much.
I agree with DLewis when she says people always want to say bad thing about black men. All of them aren't bad. My man has already earned his degree and is currently helping me to finish my last semester of college. I know times get hard, but he never tells me. I told him that I'll be glad when I graduate so that I can help out more, but he tells me that I will be able to soon and that right now just to focus on school and leave everything to him. God I love him:love:

Back