What/Where Would You Be Without LHCF?

1. Wondering why every winter I needed a dustbuster in the bed/bathroom to get all the stray hard broken hairs.
2. Wondering why my hair was stuck @ SL and my hairdresser happily cut it there.
3. Not knowing about the joys of CW and braidouts.
4. Not understanding the difference between moisture and protein and what my hair needs. (moisture junkie)
5. Not doing DC every wash with a quality conditioner
6. Understanding you don't clarify EVERY wash.
7. Not knowing how vitamins help you retain length and good growth.
8. Embracing my new growth and working with it instead of seeing it as something to 'deal with' (i heart collagen & silica for this).
9. Without a Pibbs that's for sure.
10. Without such knowledgable sisters who can show that WE do know what is best for our hair and are doing THE DAYMN THING:yep:

OMG :nono:

I found Cathy howse before this so

- Ordering her stuff every month thinking those were the only products I could use ( Aside from a shampoo, clarifying shampoo, aphogee protien treatment, and a gloss which i learned in her book) :ohwell:

- Going to the salon to get my relaxers, had to be affirm.

- Not knowing how to properly airdry...Just wash it and let it hang out. Why is it tangling? Something must be wrong with my hair.

-Not knowing how to style my hair (What is a rollerset, how do you get your hair looking like the relaxer box...wrap it after you airdry it and uncomb it 5 min later?)

-Not protective styling so still probally not getting good retention

So: Dry unstyled hair, doing better though, less retention, slave to cathy howse products and stylist for a relaxer but thinking I knew everything there was to know.

Without Cathy Howse or LHCF :perplexed :perplexed :sad: :nono: :nono: This site is truely a blessing.

-Never ever would have got past shoulderlength, somewhere between ******** and neck length
-Im natural If I dont get a relaxer for a couple months
-Relaxing from root to tip
-What is deepconditon?
-What really is a conditoner?
-My hair is healthy because I grease it and use pink mink daily
-Ect. ect. ect. :nono:

Possbily gave up and decided to wear weaves for life.

SMH.
-

I'm still learning, but in just over a month I have learned so much. I would have:

1. No idea what Ayurveda is
2. Not known that 4b hair can get long, whether natural, texlaxed, or relaxed
3. Not known what texlaxed is
4. Not understood the importance or connection with shedding and garlic treatments
5. Not known what sulfer can do
6. Been doing my relaxers too often and the wrong way/"stretching...what's that?":spinning:
7. Not known the difference between a moisturizing and protein conditioner
8. Hair breaking off in layers like it was before I came here

Im serious... Have you seen my fotki...lol

No, but I will check it out. :lachen:

1. Wondering why every winter I needed a dustbuster in the bed/bathroom to get all the stray hard broken hairs.
2. Wondering why my hair was stuck @ SL and my hairdresser happily cut it there.
3. Not knowing about the joys of CW and braidouts.
4. Not understanding the difference between moisture and protein and what my hair needs. (moisture junkie)
5. Not doing DC every wash with a quality conditioner
6. Understanding you don't clarify EVERY wash.
7. Not knowing how vitamins help you retain length and good growth.
8. Embracing my new growth and working with it instead of seeing it as something to 'deal with' (i heart collagen & silica for this).
9. Without a Pibbs that's for sure.
10. Without such knowledgable sisters who can show that WE do know what is best for our hair and are doing THE DAYMN THING:yep:

Dang, I learned most of those things from here too...:lachen:

Rocking a fierce Fantasia-like short cut after starting over for the umpteenth time.

I can't even count how many times I had to cut my hair.

I'm still learning, but in just over a month I have learned so much. I would have:

1. No idea what Ayurveda is
2. Not known that 4b hair can get long, whether natural, texlaxed, or relaxed
3. Not known what texlaxed is
4. Not understood the importance or connection with shedding and garlic treatments
5. Not known what sulfer can do
6. Been doing my relaxers too often and the wrong way/"stretching...what's that?":spinning:
7. Not known the difference between a moisturizing and protein conditioner
8. Hair breaking off in layers like it was before I came here

I've been guilty of this crime. Yes, it should be considered a crime. :lachen:

Last edited:
I would not know about clarifying, protein/moisture balance, that you don't have to be mixed or have "good" hair to have long healthy beautiful hair. Wouldn't know how to successfully stretch a relaxer and not be able to maintain new growth. Would not know about cowashing. There is just so much I have learned.

Probably bald headed or have dry, chewed up, limp color treated hair :blush:

This site is a godsend!!! I luvs me some LHCF!!! :yep:

I would still be sporting dry, scraggly, overprocessed, neck-to-shoulder length hair and only dreaming of the length and thickness that I've achieved since finding this site. Thank God for LHCF!!

I would be relaxing the crap outta my hair beleiving that I could never handle my natural hair because of how thick and unmanageable I've been told that it was by everyone who handled it other than my mom.
I would also think I could only use black products and my hair would be dry and I would just be giving up on combing or dealing with it about 3 or 4 weeks after my perm

Bald and homeless! :blush:

:lachen::lachen:

With chewed up neck length hair and in a loveless, lackluster, codependent sham of a marriage!

LHCF in some aspects has given me sanity and saved my life- even though sometimes I can be ungrateful- only the gods know where I'd be sometimes without the support network I've had here for the past 4 years.

Some of the ladies here are like cheerleaders, therapists, stylists, and moms all in one- WILD considering...it's just the internet. :lachen::lachen:

I would have still been natural (not a bad thing), and still have SL, dry, damge, dyed hair thinking I looked good! :nono:

When I did dicide to get a relaxer again it would have only gotten to SL, and be very dry, thin, and still believing that I have to get touch-ups every 6 weeks, still would have been using grease, and washing only twice a week, never DC, and always drying my hair with the blow frier! :perplexed

I wouldn't have tried, or brought nearly all of the products I love to this day!

I would be getting more work done, and sleep because I wouldn't be so hair obessed! :drunk:

i would probally be still stuck at apl ...or maybe my dry overprocessed heat abused hair would have broken off to shoulder length by now, and it would be soooooooooo thin and stringy

Last edited:
I'd still allow my friends do jack up my hair because I'd believe they knew more than me.
My hair would make it to a little past the shoulder then break off from unhealthy hair practices I had before.

Considering the fact that I had just bleached my hair white and dyed it turquoise before I found LHCF, I would probably be going around with a ba bald spot in the front of my head.

Still realxing root to tip bc I thought relaxed hair was suppose to be bone straight all the way through

Weaveing it up ALL the time, bc I thought my hair was too much to handle.

A healthy head of hair stuck between SL and APL. Also, I would be completely reliant on hair stylists for doing my hair. Now my hair is almost BSL, I learned about twist-outs and roller setting, protective styling, dusting v trimming, and how to care for my hair so that I can do almost everything myself without a beautician. Gee, I sound like an infomercial!! :lachen:

As my mother would say :

My hair would be dry-up and 'chippy chippy'
Is your mother west indian (Jamaican)?

My hair would also be the same way because I'd still be using the dominicans shampoo and conditioner wondering why my hair is dry as friggen straw. Do you think I would have figured something was up when I saw the dominicans themselves didnt even use this stuff...they used better (quality) products....nope not I :spinning:

i would be bold-headed and chunky, now since i spend all my money on hair product, skin products and makeup i cant afford to eat:lachen:

Is your mother west indian (Jamaican)?

My hair would also be the same way because I'd still be using the dominicans shampoo and conditioner wondering why my hair is dry as friggen straw. Do you think I would have figured something was up when I saw the dominicans themselves didnt even use this stuff...they used better (quality) products....nope not I :spinning:

Jamaican to the BONE Loll (Only they would say something like that :lachen:)

Never would've known that my hair could thrive with 2 products:
1) Conditioner
2) Castor Oil

Co-wash/rinsing wouldn't be in my vocabulary

I doubt that I'd be natural today without LHCF...it all started with stretching relaxers to 3 months and beyond.

I'd still be bald-headed, rocking my short fade cut and letting my DH cut my hair and line me up with the clippers.

Back