without lhcf i would probably
*still have a relaxer
*spend more time studying
*have a higher GPA lol
*still have jacked up ends
*still be flat-ironing and blowfrying my hair to death with grease and oilsheen
*have more $$$
*never have went to gnc or the vitamin shop
*never have bought garnier, aussie, herbal essences, suave or v05 (cuz thats for white hurr)
*still be growing out that tapered cut i had...and not even be at SL again yet
*not have been a PJ
*not be the person all my friends come to for hair advice (weaved up, relaxed, natural --everyone)

have MBL relaxed hair. LHCF set me waaaay back when I relaxed. I was trying the whole air-dry technique and my hair started breaking like crazy. My hair liked to be blowed out... Goes to show that every LHCF technique is not for everyone. *shrugs* You live and you learn though so now I am 100% relaxed with a healthy TWA

...still be at neck length.
...not protective style.
...still using products with lots of cones as a moisturizer.
...using heat at least twice a week.
...still think a stylist word is golden.
...still be clueless on how to take care of my hair.

I would have probably finished my book by now..I can't get off this dayum site ARRRG...
I wouldnt have the inspiration to reach my hair goals..

Without LHCF, I would probably...
  • still relax from root to tip every 4 to 6 weeks :spinning:
  • wash, blowdry, and flat iron every 2 to 3 days :blush:
  • use the curling/flat irons every day :nono:
  • be sweeping up hair from my bathroom floor :drunk:
  • would have never met and fell in love with Skala :grin:
  • have never developed an addiction to Dominican DCs :lick:
  • would have never learned about coconut oil for my skin (and hair):yep:
  • would have never learned to pin curl or style without heat :look:
  • would have cut my hair at least 4 times by now :sad:

Still relaxing my hair
Still using hair grease and pink oil...sometimes.
Shampoo and condition every other month or two...I know. :blush:
Still Flat iron every other day
Probably still be at nape length or grew an inch or two below ear length..who knows.

My hair was a piece of work before LHCF. Now my hair is almost arm pit length, healthy and I'm lovin it. I have never had hair this healthy and long in my life. :drunk:

...still be at neck length.
...not protective style.
...still using products with lots of cones as a moisturizer.
...using heat at least twice a week.
...still think a stylist word is golden.
...still be clueless on how to take care of my hair.

Well put, so I'll quote your answer.:yep:

Still have money in my pocket.

:giggle:

No seriously

-still be relaxing
-still be using pink oil thinking I was moisturizing something
-still be flat ironing daily
still be resigned to neck length hair

I have a long way to go, but I have come a long way

...would still be at EL
...would still be walking around with fried up hair thinking that because I'm natural that my hair is now healthy - :look:
....would not be spending so much time on here or YouTube when I need to be getting other things done
...would not be able to educate or inform coworkers and family members of the different oils and hair care products that can work for them!:drunk:
...would not be having so much fun with my hair, see growth or feel as confident
about it!:yep:

Without LHCF,

-I'd probably be still thinking there is no way in heck I'm spending more than $50.00 for a flat iron, hooded-dryer, hand-held dryer or any other hair appliance. Now, I only buy the best products for my hair regardless of cost

-Still be washing my hair without co-washing or deep conditioners

-Still be rocking the Halle cut because even though it looked good on me, I couldn't get my hair to grow past that

-I'd be relaxing every 6 weeks wondering why my hair keeps breaking off, lol! Now I relax once every 6 months.

-be watching real life soap operas instead the ones that play out in LHCF land.

-I'd never know the excitement of reading the words that follow the phrase "wait a minnut, lemme light up a newport one hundred." :lachen:

Last edited:
Without lhcf I would probably be relaxed and never ever retaining anything but more scraggly ends!!!

Just thinking it's an unfortunate average black girl thang ending with oh well at least I gotta a55.

I don't know...
What I have learned here is so ingrained now that I can't image it being any other way.
So, I don't know.
I honestly don't know.

- probably would be relaxed a little over BSL. (i've done 2 big chops and am almost APL)
- walking to the store for a candy bar. :look: :lick:

-would still be flat ironing religiously once a week w/ no heat protection smh :nono:
-would never deep condition:blush:
-would rarely ever moisterize
-would NEVER have given thought to going natural.....but here i am 4 months natural in love with my twa :love3::love3:

Be rocking my short hair cut and going to salon every two weeks.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

I would be rocking that SL/APL hair for a very long time.
Now the sky's the limit! Or more like the floor! :grin:

...be waist length by now.
...have never had the courage to cut my bsl relaxed hair to shoulder length
...would not have been on my way to long, beautiful, healthy, natural hair

......have locs. without LHCF i think i would have still gone natural but instead of having out hair i think i would have gotten locs because without all the knowledge it would have been easier, i would have still been without relaxer which was my ultimate goal, and my hair would still grow long.

I forgot about this thread I made long time ago...

But anyway to add:

Without LHCF I would probably:

-I would probably think it was IMPOSSIBLE for black women to grow waist-length hair without being "mixed" somehow :rolleyes:
-I would probably not keep up with all the Entertainment news/gossip that our LHCF-FBI ladies dish out regularly on the "Entertainment Forum"!! :grin: :lachen:
-I would NEVER have even considered going natural.......EVER! :look:

Sitting in beauty salons for hours on ends, having my time wasted while some stylist is trying to make they money.

Letting stylists butcher and continuosly cut my hair without any real need.

Have no idea that cones, sulfates and mineral oil were bad for the hair. Yep, I would have still been slapping grease on every now and then!

Would never have been introduced to co-washing.

Would never have been introduced to Wave Nouveau. Transitioning has never been so fun and this stuff makes it lovable!

Would never have figured out how to air-dry properly, cause I wasn't just air-drying, I was air-parching. My hair was like the sahara desert after air-drying............me needs moisture!

Would never know what sealing was. As far as I know, I would have been associating sealing with putting a plastic cap over the head.

On the funnier side:

I would have a little more money cause every time someone posts about a new product, I wanna go out and buy it.

I would never have great posts to laugh at cause sometimes the women here start some of the funniest threads.

...would have never contemplated growing my hair past MBL (and I would have never known the difference between MBL and BSL - I called everything BSL until it was WL, lol)

Back