What/Where Would You Be Without LHCF?

Blessed_Angel

1. I would probably not be on my way to APL.

2. I would probably have my hair thinning and breaking off so bad that I had to cut it all off.

3. My hair would be soo dry.

4. I would not be as educated about hair and it's maintenance as I am now.

5. I would not be learning as much as I am from you ladies.

I am so glad that I am able to learn so much from you guys. This site has been such a blessing to me.

What/where would you be without LHCF?

2. I would probably have my hair thinning and breaking off so bad that I had to cut it all off.

3. My hair would be soo dry.

4. I would not be as educated about hair and it's maintenance as I am now.

5. I would not be learning as much as I am from you ladies.

Co-sign with the above plus:

1. I would not be natural :sad:

2. I would think natural hair is unattractive. :wallbash:

3. I would think Blacks can't use non-Black hair care products. :blush:

4. I would think I had dandruff when I really just had a dry scalp. :perplexed

5. My hair would've stayed 14" inches (Now I know I'll get back to that having recently BCed and will be longer in time). :ohwell:

6. I'd relax every 4-6 weeks (when I relaxed at 8-10 weeks those extra 2 or three weeks made a WORLD of difference) and not add oil or protein to it. :nono:

7. I would believe some Black hair doesn't grow and I just lucked up with hair that did. :rolleyes: Because, ya' know...I have Inidian in my family. :rolleyes: Ironically, I actually do, with pictures to prove it...but that's not why I retain length. L'Oreal, Dove, and Neutral Protein Filler see to that :lachen:.

My hair wasn't totally awful before LHCF: 14", uber thick and relatively shiny, but it would not have improved/gotten longer and in time probably would've gotten worse considering my ignorance of deep conditioning, protein, heat protection, and how to properly apply relaxers. It was just a matter of time.

Thank God for LHCF!!!

1) I would be walking around with dry, crunchy, chewed up hair thinking I was sexy:nono:

2) I wouldn't know jack squat about hair science

3) I wouldn't have rediscovered my real hair color

4) I would have been a bigger product junkie with skincare and makeup instead of hair care

5) I would not be getting the compliments on my hair like I get know.

1. I would still flat iron my hair twice a week with no protection :nono: I know I know..

2. I would have thought that my hair would turn out to be tiny coils or cottony texture

3. I would still be using products with ingredients that harm my hair.

4. I could go on and on about these discoveries! LHCF has saved my hair and changed my life. I love this site.

Fortunately, as soon as I decided to go natural, my cousin told me about this site. The Lord is gonna bless her!

5. My hair would've stayed 14" inches (Now I know I'll get back to that having recently BCed and will be longer in time). :ohwell:

6. I'd relax every 4-6 weeks (when I relaxed at 8-10 weeks those extra 2 or three weeks made a WORLD of difference) and not add oil or protein to it. :nono:

7. I would believe some Black hair doesn't grow and I just lucked up with hair that did. :rolleyes: Because, ya' know...I have Inidian in my family. :rolleyes: Ironically, I actually do, with pictures to prove it...but that's not why I retain length. L'Oreal, Dove, and Neutral Protein Filler see to that :lachen:.

My hair wasn't totally awful before LHCF: 14", uber thick and relatively shiny, but it would not have improved/gotten longer and in time probably would've gotten worse considering my ignorance of deep conditioning, protein, heat protection, and how to properly apply relaxers. It was just a matter of time.

Thank God for LHCF!!!

Which nation? :)

I would be a natural that had no clue what to do with my hair.

I found this site after I had been transitioning. The folks here and a few other places on the web gave me the courage and the knowledge to take care of my natural hair.

I {Heart} you guys!

1. I would have had to BC and not by choice

2. People would have started calling me "patches" behind my back because I was losing hair like a crackhead loses her looks

3. My 12 y/o would still have long hair but I would have made her wear french braids until she was able to to it herself

4. I would have still been using crappy products and buying mess just because of the price

5. going to the beauty shop getting my hair curled to death and making it more sick than it already was

6. LOOKING LIKE A DAG ON FOOL AT THE HEAD 24/7

1. I would have given up on making my hair longer than shoulder length cuz "My hair just doesn't grow"
  2. I would be rocking weaves all the time because I look better with APL
  3. I would NOT cowash because "that's stupid"
  4. I would only use ORS products cuz my friends always do "that;s the good black people stuff"
  5. I would still use Pink Oil
  6. I would still be using teeny tiny combs to "get my hair straight"
  7. I would use alcohol based heat protectant to flat iron my hair....:wallbash:
  8. I would still be rocking micros with NO hair line loool

1. Wearing weaves 24/7/365 as promised to myself... I said my hair would never see the light of day again. I was at one point fed up with it and didn't believe black women could have long hair that grew from their scalps unless they had "good hair."
  2. Self-relaxing and running the thing from root to tip each "touch-up"
  3. Frying my delicate hair daily with curling irons and flat irons.
  4. Using the above instruments with hair spritzes and hair sprays
  5. Using Let's Jam and/or Brown Gel to slick back my hair, and comb or brush it out later on, and do the same thing again the next day.
  6. Relaxing @ every 4-6 weeks (refer back to #2).
  7. Never deep conditioning whether on my own or at the salon.
  8. Believing that while at the salon my stylist was trying to get me to spend more money by telling me to DC.
  9. Frying the hair I left out while in weaves, and realizing that it's breaking off and not understanding why even though I use heat protectant... UM THE FLAT IRON IS TOO HOT DUMMY AND YOU DON'T USE IT EVERYDAY!:look:
  10. Not being totally IN LOVE with my hair as I am now.
I LOVE THIS SITE! And I really appreciate all of you here. You all inspire me from TWA to WSL, relaxed to texlaxed to natural, you all are such inspirations!!

1. I would have given up on making my hair longer than shoulder length cuz "My hair just doesn't grow"
  2. I would be rocking weaves all the time because I look better with APL
  3. I would NOT cowash because "that's stupid"
  4. I would only use ORS products cuz my friends always do "that;s the good black people stuff"
  5. I would still use Pink Oil
  6. I would still be using teeny tiny combs to "get my hair straight"
  7. I would use alcohol based heat protectant to flat iron my hair....:wallbash:
  8. I would still be rocking micros with NO hair line loool

That's funny...:lachen:Actually, it's not. :lachen:

• still experimenting with my hair (cutting, coloring, whatever) whenever i got the urge or went through some event, good OR bad.
  • not knowing that i could get my hair to grow past SL.
  • still greasing my scalp with cheap hair grease.
  • not knowing the truth about SLS, shampoos in general, petrolatum/mineral oil, or that you DON'T have to trim for growth.
  • in the dark about how to care for sew-ins, which is why i went from SL to ear length with my last one instead of SL to APL.
  • clueless to what SL, APL, etc stands for!!!
  • i have discovered protective styles, baggying, DCing, cowashing, and a plethora of other things that are very easy to do and have such great effects on my growth and retention.

Thank God for LHCF!!!

LGL, what difference did you see? I usually get my touch-ups every 6 weeks, but I am trying for 8 this time. I know it's better for the hair; but exactly what "difference" did you see? I am trying to stick to my promise to myself to wait; but my hair is saying something else (only cause my hair is soo dry from protein).

TIA

stuck at shoulder length

using my chi iron at least once a week

not protecting my ends at all

sleeping with my hair out on a sating pillowcase but other times a cotton one

addicted to my extensions and wearing them all the time

1. Wearing weaves 24/7/365 as promised to myself... I said my hair would never see the light of day again. I was at one point fed up with it and didn't believe black women could have long hair that grew from their scalps unless they had "good hair."
  2. Self-relaxing and running the thing from root to tip each "touch-up"
  3. Frying my delicate hair daily with curling irons and flat irons.
  4. Using the above instruments with hair spritzes and hair sprays
  5. Using Let's Jam and/or Brown Gel to slick back my hair, and comb or brush it out later on, and do the same thing again the next day.
  6. Relaxing @ every 4-6 weeks (refer back to #2).
  7. Never deep conditioning whether on my own or at the salon.
  8. Believing that while at the salon my stylist was trying to get me to spend more money by telling me to DC.
  9. Frying the hair I left out while in weaves, and realizing that it's breaking off and not understanding why even though I use heat protectant... UM THE FLAT IRON IS TOO HOT DUMMY AND YOU DON'T USE IT EVERYDAY!:look:
  10. Not being totally IN LOVE with my hair as I am now.
I LOVE THIS SITE! And I really appreciate all of you here. You all inspire me from TWA to WSL, relaxed to texlaxed to natural, you all are such inspirations!!
i thought i was the only one.

i might also like to add that i forgot:
  • i would not know what transitioning was or how to do it, so i would have went natural thanks to the works of the dominican salon but i would have cut off all the relaxed parts.
  • i would be flatironing whenever i thought i needed it.
  • my hairline would still be MIA!

The thought alone scares me ... thinking of what your punsihment from your parents would be if you did the worst possible thing imaginable .. *shudders at the thought*... all I can say is I wouldn't be as hair obsessed as I am now, AND I LOVE MY HAIR OBSESSION! :spinning:

1. I would still be using African Pride grease on mine and my kids hair

2. I would still think that castor oil was only a laxative that my Mom made me drink as a kid.

3. I would still be using a hard bristle brush to brush mine and my kids hair.

4. I would still be using a small comb and RACKING through my wet (non-conditioned hair) in order to detangle. And assume that all that hair in my comb was just normal shedding...

5. I would still be using a SILK headband not even paying attention to the fact that it was breaking off my hairline.

Man, am I THANKFUL that I found these hair forums :grin:

I used cheap products because I didn't know which quality ones to use.

I learned about so much; especially so many different hair products on this site.

After my hair would break off, it would also look good going to shoulder length and a little past collar bone; but that would be it. I know feel confident that I will be able to make APL for the first time in my life. And when that happens, I will screaming and shouting all over the place; I will be soo happy...

APL...here I come baby. APL ladies, keep my seat warm for me till I get there...:grin:

1. I would still be using African Pride grease on mine and my kids hair

2. I would still think that castor oil was only a laxative that my Mom made me drink as a kid.

3. I would still be using a hard bristle brush to brush mine and my kids hair.

4. I would still be using a small comb and RACKING through my wet (non-conditioned hair) in order to detangle. And assume that all that hair in my comb was just normal shedding...

5. I would still be using a SILK headband not even paying attention to the fact that it was breaking off my hairline.

Man, am I THANKFUL that I found these hair forums :grin:

Oooop2, girl, what's wrong with the bolded? I still use it to smooth my wraps. What should I be using instead?

Oooop2, girl, what's wrong with the bolded? I still use it to smooth my wraps. What should I be using instead?

LOL...Girl, I think the fact that our hair was so dry, using that brush just took our hair out. My daughters sides/hairline is still trying to recover. And now, even though our hair is doing great, I'm too scared to try...

1. I'd still be listening to the dominicans when they say "Mami you need a trim"

**** please you dont even have a license and I'm supposed to let you near my head with scissors? :lachen:

2. I'd still be getting a perm every 6 weeks.

I now wait 8 weeks and its made a difference.

LOL...Girl, I think the fact that our hair was so dry, using that brush just took our hair out. My daughters sides/hairline is still trying to recover. And now, even though our hair is doing great, I'm too scared to try...

Oh, my dd's edges are still thick. I only use it when doing her ponytails. But after adding moisture first. Maybe that's what the culprit was; doing it on dry hair. :yep:

1. I'd still be listening to the dominicans when they say "Mami you need a trim"

**** please you dont even have a license and I'm supposed to let you near my head with scissors? :lachen:

2. I'd still be getting a perm every 6 weeks.

I now wait 8 weeks and its made a difference.

Coco, could you tell me what the difference is?

Thanks

I already knew how to take care of my hair before I discovered this hair care board, and my hair was already bra-clasp length when I found this website. :superbanana:

I was really impressed with the results of those members who belong here. Their products are less expensive, but they get the same results that I get with more expensive products.:yep:

1.) I'd be scratching the corn-flake sized flakes out of my scalp with my rattail comb everyday,then proceeding to run down the length with the nasty comb, excited that I finally made it to a barely BARELY grazing, dry, puffy-rooted, overprocessed SL.:look:

2.)Gettin trims all the time.

3.)Greasin' my scalp daily to get rid of the flakes. My scalp eats grease.:rolleyes:

4.) Sadly enough, probably ecstatic that I was a dry, damaged SL.

1. Id still be relaxing every 6 weeks :wallbash:
2. I'd still be flatironing every day (sometimes 2 times a day..)
3. I'd still be at neck length..feelin bad about myself wondering why my hair won't look healthy :nono:
4. I'd still be dousing my ends with the profectiv-rich mega growth and wondering why they're so crunchy...
5. I'd still be using synthetic shampoos

THANKYOU LHCF

Back