What type of man are you attracted to?

Because women automatically think that if the guy has straightesh hair, their imaginary kids will have that too...lol
I do think it is a bit cruel to discriminate on that basis, but to each his own...

I do know one thing I don't like - petite men - 5' 5" and under - NOT happening :nono:

Me too girl, I'm short (4'11") and I can't do 5'5" and under.

Because women automatically think that if the guy has straightesh hair, their imaginary kids will have that too...lol
I do think it is a bit cruel to discriminate on that basis, but to each his own...

I do know one thing I don't like - petite men - 5' 5" and under - NOT happening :nono:

There is that word again, "cruel". Why is my preference "cruel" and yours isn't? Short men don't need love???? :drunk:

There is that word again, "cruel". Why is my preference "cruel" and yours isn't? Short men don't need love???? :drunk:

Lol...I know they need love...
I guess I just get weary when us black folk discriminate based off of hair texture with all the history behind it, but in the end you love who you love :yawn:

Lol...I know they need love...
I guess I just get weary when us black folk discriminate based off of hair texture with all the history behind it, but in the end you love who you love :yawn:

IMO, it's still all conditioning, whether it's hair, height, complexion, weight, genital size, and anything else. People find something to "discriminate" against somebody all the time, but bring hair into the mix, and we have to resurrect Harriet Tubman. White women might have a preference for blonde hair and blue eyes on their men because it seems more "angelic" and more "white", but nobody bats an eye at that. Why not? It seem a bit unfair to me. JMO

IMO, it's still all conditioning, whether it's hair, height, complexion, weight, genital size, and anything else. People find something to "discriminate" against somebody all the time, but bring hair into the mix, and we have to resurrect Harriet Tubman. White women might have a preference for blonde hair and blue eyes on their men because it seems more "angelic" and more "white", but nobody bats an eye at that. Why not? It seem a bit unfair to me. JMO

I get what your saying...In the end a lot of it is conditioning and I think a lot of it has to do with ideals...you like you mentioned, the white preference for blonde hair blue eyes is probably based off of some ideal of purity or whiteness. My ideal man is taller than me, your man may have a certain type of hair...it's all opinion and at some point someone will disagree...Just like I've probably offended short men below 5'5" by calling them petite

I like tall muscular guys who have a swagger about them and charisma. Must have nice teeth and well groomed, must also dress well. Must be a leader around his peers.

Kind, brown eyes, a nice smile, muscular build...that's what I like.
And not too tall :grin:
Most important is a kind, gentle and loving spirit!

My basic list (won't get into specific details about what types I'm attractive to):

The dude must have some height...and for my preference those who are 6'2" and above only need to apply.

I found over the last few years that I'm attracted to guys with longer hair . :drunk: Of course if his hair is clean cut, I'm cool with that too.

Good personal hygiene.

Physically fit...must have a nice bod...no potbellies please.

Full lips (but not TOO BIG)

Must have teeth...toothless men are not attractive. :nono: Nice teeth are even better.

Sober...not saying they can't be social drinkers...but I'm tired of drunkards trying to holler at me.

*This is mostly the physical list...then there's the other stuff (character, good conversationist, and everything else, lol).*

Last edited:
nerdy guys

nice smile with laugh lines - sexy!

dark skin

straight white teeth

Thin but muscular or toned

generous - emotionally and financially

a bit on the freaky/kinky side :sekret:

loves to eat out

likes to cuddle (but not too much as I don't like to be smothered)

open minded

spiritual, not religious

brings home lots of bacon (or has the potential)

professional and educated. I mean home boy has to come with the thought process intact. Nerd is #1 on the list

Tall (5'9+), never skinny, sometimes thick. I like guys with bone on their body. i guess in a guy I'm looking for physical attributes that are opposite of me, since i'm short and skinny :lachen:

I like them not to have too much hair(longest is cesaer), if he by chance has dreads it has to be well maintained.

My basic list (won't get into specific details about what types I'm attractive to):

The dude must have some height...and for my preference those who are 6'2" and above only need to apply.

I found over the last few years that I'm attracted to guys with longer hair . :drunk: Of course if his hair is clean cut, I'm cool with that too.

Good personal hygiene.

Physically fit...must have a nice bod...no potbellies please.

Full lips (but not TOO BIG)

Must have teeth...toothless men are not attractive. :nono: Nice teeth are even better.

Sober...not saying they can't be social drinkers...but I'm tired of drunkards trying to holler at me.

*This is mostly the physical list...then there's the other stuff (character, good conversationist, and everything else, lol).*

Yeah, ain't nuttin like a man with some teeth in his mouth!:lachen:

5'10" and above.

Muscles, either a lot or enough to notice. I like a chiseled back and arms. I like to feel like they could bench press me :look:.

Broad shoulders(I have broad shoulders, so he must be beyond me)

Nice smile

Cuddler

Interesting conversationalist

Not too rough around the edges, not too street or hood(I've tried, but really we just don't have enough in common)

Strength of mind, spirit, and physical(I'm very strong willed, and like to put ppl on the spot, so I need someone who can stand up to that)

Much...I feel you and understand where u are coming from. Me? I don't date taco meat heads! WHY? Because if you dont have 3C, 4A...how hard is it to just keep it cut...moisturized and a wave cap on? 4B's can have waves too with proper care. LOL I feel you tho...

My type?
TALL is a must bein as I am 5'10....smart....thick....my color or darker...WELL groomed...COCKY and CONFIDENT...LOve that in a man...Saved...KInd...Generous (with me and his mama only LOL)

Tall - 6'0" and better
Body Build - Average/Basketball Player type build
Character - I love a man with swag and style

Much...I feel you and understand where u are coming from. Me? I don't date taco meat heads! WHY? Because if you dont have 3C, 4A...how hard is it to just keep it cut...moisturized and a wave cap on? 4B's can have waves too with proper care. LOL I feel you tho...

My type?
TALL is a must bein as I am 5'10....smart....thick....my color or darker...WELL groomed...COCKY and CONFIDENT...LOve that in a man...Saved...KInd...Generous (with me and his mama only LOL)

As funny as this may sound, you just described the type of man I imagine you with.:lachen:

That sounds just like my husband. I would recommend his brother, but no...I'll leave it at that.
nerdy guys

nice smile with laugh lines - sexy!

dark skin

straight white teeth

Thin but muscular or toned

generous - emotionally and financially

a bit on the freaky/kinky side :sekret:

loves to eat out

likes to cuddle (but not too much as I don't like to be smothered)

open minded

spiritual, not religious

brings home lots of bacon (or has the potential)

I'm still primarily attracted to light skin men. Hair type is totally irrelevant. Good personality. Intelligent. Hard-working. God-fearing. Is going in a positive direction in his life. Don't like them too tall be at least 2 inches taller than me at a bare minimum( i'm 5'4). Not really into the build thing(muscles)- but i prefer them slim. Well-groomed and smelling good.

This is not to say that i have dated the whole spectrum of men out there but this is my primary attration.

I've noticed that my physical attraction has changed. I use to couldn't stand a "thick" man. Now that's all I'm attracted to. There's something about a man with broad shoulders, and girl, don't let him have on some smell good. :chocbunny:

Man am I feelin' you! I love "thick" men too. Even though I'm 6 feet, I still like to feel like the man is "bigger" than me in some way. It makes me feel like the man is strong and just more masculine than some skinny, scrawny man!

I'm a attracted to a man who has the following:

Nice car
Knows about investing money
He has to like nice things
Have nice teeth
Mean looking a little thuggish
Taller than me
Has to be cute, can have light or dark skin and most important he has to want to spoil me!:yep: I don't think I'm asking for too much.:nono:

I like them tall & thick with nice teeth!
Same here, and pretty brown skin with a go-tee or some kind of sexy facial hair that accentuates the lips.:drunk:

Oh, and big, thick, long...hands.:look:

My detailed list (the one that I pray on) is too long to type....

Last edited:
Man am I feelin' you! I love "thick" men too. Even though I'm 6 feet, I still like to feel like the man is "bigger" than me in some way. It makes me feel like the man is strong and just more masculine than some skinny, scrawny man!

Yeah! Yeah!:grin:

Same here, and pretty brown skin with a go-tee or some kind of sexy facial hair that accentuates the lips.:drunk:

Oh, and big, thick, long...hands.:look:

My detailed list (the one that I pray on) is too long to type....

Girl, it's something about a man with a clean cut oh so sexy facial hair.:grin:

Get the typing. I wanna see your detailed list.:yep:

file under 'married but not blind':

smart/nerdy

facial hair

tall

head shapes a bit longer than round (in general)

i used to have a preference for dark eyes but that faded out years ago.

everted(is that the word) lips rather than inverted ones line E &B

bert_ernie.jpg

have some hair... tho some bald guys are attractive too, it depends

nice smile but not cheesin all of the time.

I guess im a bit picky! If i had to construct the PERFECT man, he'd be 6'3, 185 (i like the thin athletic type), nice smooth chocolate complexion, nice smile, haircut low in waves, earing in the ear and charismatic as hell!

Hence my problem... ive come across a few guys who fit this descrip.. and they were complete pieces of work!!! Completely arrogant, doggish and selfish!

I like intelligent go getters that know how to chill at home and party til the sun rises. My physical preferences...tall, broad shoulders, smooth skin, nice eyes, beautiful smile.

If I could construct the perfect man he would be:yep::

Physically-Dark skinned, cute, clean cut with or without a gottee, low crew cut hair cut, nice dressing, nice smile, tall (5'10 and up), and more muscular than flabby

Mentally-Puts God 1st in his life, crazy about me, church going, hardworking, has a bit of a thug in him, street smart with some book knowledge, has a pretty good job, doesn't mind spending money, adventurous, hilarious, someone who I can learn alot from and he learn alot from me, and a one woman at a time type man who is affectionate

Back