What did you buy this week?

Adrian said:
I went Aveda crazy, I got the Damage Remedy Line and the Smooth Illusion Line. Oh and I got amla oil, avocado butter, and shealoe from fromnaturewithlove.

Wow! Nice choices you will love them all, I have those same things and they work well.

As for me my a$$ didn't buy squat! I'm good with my aveda dr and my butters no more wasting moolah and I have what works, if it aint broken no need to fix it! And I save money I love not being a pj anymore:)

so1913 said:
Well, I fell in love with the Mizani Silkening Defining Mousse, so I wanted to try the other product in that line which is the Silkening Defining Gel. I just picked it up today and will try it in the A.M. :)

Your hair is bangin', miss. Love it!!! The new pic is too fly.

Anyway, got more stuff. Oat and wheat proteins (Sareca and Honeydew) and the Cantu Shea Leave In (bablou00). And that will be all unless I win the liters of Aveda DR poo and con on ebay ;) . See ya...

Well, I did win the Aveda DR liters (29.99 and 31.11) so I guess I have to add those to the list. Nice price, huh?

Ladies, I really think I outdid everyone. I can't believe how much I spent in just a matter of days. Well, I recently got a raise, anyway, but still...the PJ in me is working overtime. Here's the damage:

Wednesday: I bought the Brilliant Humectant Pomade and the Detoxifying Shampoo.

Thursday: Went back and bought the Brilliant Damage Remedy and the Elixir Leave-In

Saturday: Went online and bought the following...

2 Flexi-8 hair clips for my protective styles
Sidr Butter Cream and Olive Oil leave in from Qhemet
Wheat Germ, Oat Protein, and Honeyquat
Broccoli and Red Raspberry Seed Oils from FNWL

Went to the BSS and bought double metal clips for my rollersets and a fine tooth comb for smoothing over the roller.

Sunday: Went back to the BSS and bought Hot Oil 6, which I've always loved. Don't know why I stopped using it.

I want to try the Aveda Smooth Infusion Line along with the Smoothing Fluid and Light Elements.

Lawd, it's just too pitiful, this PJism is...

I definitely need a 12 step program right about now.

Positive side: I sold some products over the weekend, so that helped out a lot. ;)

Ladies, I really think I outdid everyone. I can't believe how much I spent in just a matter of days. Well, I recently got a raise, anyway, but still...the PJ in me is working overtime. Here's the damage:

Wednesday: I bought the Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade and the Detoxifying Shampoo.

Thursday: Went back and bought the Aveda Brilliant Damage Remedy and the Elixir Leave-In

Saturday: Went online and bought the following...

2 Flexi-8 hair clips for my protective styles
Sidr Butter Cream and Olive Oil leave in from Qhemet
Wheat Germ, Oat Protein, and Honeyquat
Broccoli and Red Raspberry Seed Oils from FNWL

Went to the BSS and bought double metal clips for my rollersets and a fine tooth comb for smoothing over the roller.

Sunday: Went back to the BSS and bought Hot Oil 6, which I've always loved. Don't know why I stopped using it.

I want to try the Aveda Smooth Infusion Line along with the Smoothing Fluid and Light Elements.

Lawd, it's just too pitiful, this PJism is...

I definitely need a 12 step program right about now.

Positive side: I sold some products over the weekend, so that helped out a lot. ;)

I bought:

-2 outre half wigs (I love half wigs...I now have 4)
-ORS relaxer
-Sulfur 8 light formula (mixing it with MN)
-NTM Silk Touch (new daily moisturizer)
-Rusk Sensories Smoother (will be using for baggying)
-6 tubes of MN
-Hot Air Brush (wanted to try to do a dominican blowout at home)

....I haven't bought hair products in a while and I wanted to try a few new things.

Hey I bought a ton of stuff that I knew I didn't need:
ORS Olive Oil Wrap/Set Mousse
ORS Olive Oil-Oil Sheen
ORS Olive Oil No-Lye Super Relaxer (Worked so well I bought it again)
Kids Organics Shea Butter Lotion (I need to post my review on this one :grin:)

And I am going to buy Tropical Milk Protein Conditioner from myself... I can't hold back! I am a PJ!!:lachen:

I purchased:
Dove Moisture Mist
Leather Hair Barrette

I can see an Aveda purchase in the very very near future!:lol:

pinkskates said:
I bought:
1. Amla Oil
2.Vatika Oil
3.Herbal Henna Powder (haven't decided if Im going to use it)
4. RoseWater
5. I.C.O.N. Mesh Structure Creme

I have a bottle of this in the frig...what do you use it for? I bought it in a PJ moment and haveNO idea what to do with it...

Oh I bought
Silk Elements Texturizer...I know Sar-I but I didnt use it yet.:cool:
Aphogee Protein moisturizing and something else...brb

JustMeSteph said:
I have a bottle of this in the frig...what do you use it for? I bought it in a PJ moment and haveNO idea what to do with it...

I use a rosewater & glycerin spray that I got at the health food store as a spritz to use with my leave ins. I also have some plain rosewater that I use in my mixes, sometimes with Surge, DB Manage and a light oil. Back in the day, all my aunts used to use this as a body mist and to add to their lotions. The smell is so nostalgic for me.

Ordered:

-Silicon mix leave in
-Crom Emergencia
-Nacidit Avocado Rinse
-Miss Key 10 en 1
-Capilo Sole & Cinnamon Hair Conditioner

From sickbay

I feel better reading this thread some of you girls went on shopping sprees:grin: (i am just jealous). I got some more banna clips (thanks MsDee 4) and on my lunch break I am going to get some flexi rods and hoepfully I won't buy anything else. I wasn't supposed to buying anything this week so I am doing okay. I keep cw and dc so that I can use up what I have to buy more:lol: . Sad......:look:

I purchased some of the beloved Aveda products you guys are talking about.. i'll give the DR line a try on Friday, also bought the Deep penetrating revitalizer

I also purchased the net you use to tie down the rollers under the dryer.

A satin bonnet

Spent major moolah.. and hopefully its all worth it!

satin scarf and bonnet
some hair pins
heading out for the aveda DR
:spank: AND THAT WILL BE ALL FOR THE MONTH :sekret: good thing there's only 10 days left:look:

Treseeme Moisture Rich Conditioner
Cream of Nature Nourishing Condtioner
Fermodyl 619
Hair Shears
Fantansia Olive Leave In

I only purchased this stuff bcos of discounts and plus i did want to try:lol:

Purchased some curly meringue
about to go buy some Pantene conditioner for my co washes and Be curly by Aveda

I'm trying to make the switch to more natural products so I got some coconut oil, glycerine, jojoba oil, aloe vera gel and apple cider vinegar. I'll be broke but my hair will be beautiful :p

oh I forgot -- a banana clip ( that I don't know how to use ) some other hair toys, lacio lacio from sickbay...I may have an addiction.

Last edited:
I have been putting off posting my purchases because I'm embarrassed about being a pj! :p Here they are:

Activate Hair Mask
Hask Pure Shine Serum

and I stocked up on faves:
AB Liquid Mayo Leave-In
Garnier Brillantine Wax
Garnier Sleek & Shine Mask & Condish

Confession is supposed to be good for the soul. :look:

I bought some Cassia, and I'm getting ready to buy som Lacio Lacio, Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, and some Silk Protein before the week is up.

Aubrey Organics White Camillia Cond
Aubrey Organics Island Natural Con
Giovanni Direct Leave-in
A friend gave me a sample of Ebene Coconut Hair Milk

A new flat iron. I have two ceramics that do nothing for me I got a $22.00 Revlon that works wonders on my hair.

This entire month has been an example of hair product overkill for me. I justify by telling myself that not only have I not purchased anything for a long time, I am getting ready to start relaxing again, so I need my laundry list of supplies.

Phyto Relaxer Index I
Phytojoba shampoo
phytoneutre shampoo
phytojoba hair mask
phytosesame conditioner
phyto 7 for me and 9 for my daughter
camellia oil
keraphix conditioner
mason pearson combs
ojon trial set of treatment and ultrahydrating shampoo and coniditioner
apple cider vinegar
silk peptide powder
silk amino acid
wheat protein
marina collagen protein
cottonseed protein
panthenol
a few more magnetic rollers
gloves
clips

And I do so solemnly swear that I shall not buy another hair product for the rest of the entire summer. Except that Sareca's information about oat protein is looking mighty tempting. :p

Nothing!

I've been really good at not buying hair products since I can't afford to. I think I'm going to do a corrective relaxer tomorrow, so I'll go off and buy a relaxer and products for that purchase.

newflowers said:
This entire month has been an example of hair product overkill for me. I justify by telling myself that not only have I not purchased anything for a long time, I am getting ready to start relaxing again, so I need my laundry list of supplies.

Phyto Relaxer Index I
Phytojoba shampoo
phytoneutre shampoo
phytojoba hair mask
phytosesame conditioner
phyto 7 for me and 9 for my daughter
camellia oil
keraphix conditioner
mason pearson combs
ojon trial set of treatment and ultrahydrating shampoo and coniditioner
apple cider vinegar
silk peptide powder
silk amino acid
wheat protein
marina collagen protein
cottonseed protein
panthenol
a few more magnetic rollers
gloves
clips

And I do so solemnly swear that I shall not buy another hair product for the rest of the entire summer. Except that Sareca's information about oat protein is looking mighty tempting. :p

Daaaaaaaaamn:eek:

Even though I just joined, I bought many, many things this month...

This week I limited my purchases to:
1 large tub of Queen Helene Cholesterol
1 Swimmers Shampoo
1 Swimmers condish
1 Conditioning cap - (I need to try the plastic shopping bags...)

I am interested in trying the Marine Collagen & silk amino acids...but I really do not need to purchase another thing for my hair this month!:nono:

Back