August 2017 What Did You Buy This Week?

Lol! I didn't like it at all. I first used it as my L in the LCO method...greasy but dry hair. So then I tried the spray as a refresher...it fooled me because my hair felt hydrated until the next day....dry dry hair. I gave up.
@ms.blue
Clawd.....I started to Baggy with it. I'm shole glad it was free.:lol:

Peppermint_EO.jpg
Baobab_Cherry_1.jpg

I love the Anita Grant oil bottles. I need to find some empties...

From CurlyDew.com:

EarthTones Naturals Curl Define Curl Enhancing Gelly
EarthTones Naturals Perfectly Twisted Curl Defining Cream

Rationale:
Hoping to get Eco Styler -like results with better ingredients.

Is it supposed to be similar to ecostyler? And what are the individual ingredients in ecostyler that you are trying to avoid? I used to like the olive oil ecostyler. I may revisit it to see if I can still get the same softness and definition as before.

Is it supposed to be similar to ecostyler? And what are the individual ingredients in ecostyler that you are trying to avoid? I used to like the olive oil ecostyler. I may revisit it to see if I can still get the same softness and definition as before.

The lady in the video below breaks it down, although the Flaxseed and Castor Oil version lacks some of the ingredients she discusses. Also, a lady told me that Eco took her hair out very gradually over time, though it performed amazingly for her. She's the only one who's ever told me that, but I'm already an ingredient stickler, so it concerned me.

Nothing is definitive at all about the ingredients, and they may be fine. I just suffer from eczema (which an ingredient she discusses can aggravate), and I have to protect against cancer because of my risks. So I have a hard time using even questionable ingredients when perfectly "harmless" ingredients are available. I have tried a few products with questionable ingredients, but I don't want to use them regularly. The day I wore the Eco I actually thought about what I had in my hair throughout the day! Eek! I don't want to use anything in my hair that makes me think about it.

There's a hair stylist who gets very good definition and style longevity with Eco Styler, but she recently got her best wash and go ever using EarthTones Naturals. I ignored this for weeks. :lol: Then I used the free Eco sample I got and was wowed. This caused me to look at EarthTones Naturals, whose brand creator is a doctor who prioritizes health.

Moroccanoil Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner
Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Creme
Anita Grant Strawberry and Banana Rhasssoul DC cubes
Anita Grant Monoi Anti Breakage Shampoo

ETA: Just repurchased La Brasiliana Dieci All-In-One Instant Hair Treatment. I haven't used this for years but remember it being a good leave in.

ETA again: Also bought the Mane Choice Supplements

Last edited:
Back