What did you buy this week?

Brownie518

:) Hey. Just wondering what everyone picked up this week. Did you get anything new to try or did you replace some staples?
I replaced my BB Growth oil, WGHO, and Fermodyl 619. I also ordered more Amla and Shikakai oils from eastwestbazaar.com. I finally decided to try the Vitale Super Reconstructor. I have heard a lot of good things so I am giving it a try. No one around here sells Affirm 5n1 so I need a quick replacement. So, what did you get?

ETA: Forgot to list replacing my Loreal NutriGloss conditioner.

Last edited:
I went Aveda crazy, I got the Damage Remedy Line and the Smooth Illusion Line. Oh and I got amla oil, avocado butter, and shealoe from fromnaturewithlove.

Keracare Essential Oil from another member. I can't wait to try it. I also got my End all Hair creme which I LOVE!!

ETA: Adrian-The avocado butter is excellent from FNWL. Everyone uses it. It's light but still thick if that makes sense. I mix it w/some lavender essential oil. Its wondeful.

Hmmm...I have been dying to try the Smooth Infusion. Too many people are hyping this line lately. Let us know how you like it.

Ferodyl 619 and Duckbill clips to practice roller setting. Also bought a Sally's card for $5. Need to buy some Vatika Oil but haven't had time to go to the Indian store. Tomorrow....

• a liter of PM The Conditioner (cuz its that good)
  • Mizani H20 Nightime Treatment
  • Some shower caps to deep condition in
  • a satin bonnet to wear under my wiggies
  • and two wigs:cool:

I am actually doing good in the Use It Up Challenge. I have not gotten any new conditioners this week.

But, I did order some Qhemet Biologics Sidr Tree Butter Balm. I am on my last jar of it.

znapps said:
I admire your discipline.:)
I wish I could take credit for it being discipline. The truth is I honestly can't imagine my hair being any better than it is right now. I'm not even tempted to try new products. :huh: I know, weird. I've never been here before but I like it. :grin:

I've even gotten lazy about henna. :eek:

Back again :wallbash: . Got to get this under control!
Just ordered from FNWL:
avocado butter
amla oil
brahmi oil,
mango butter
silk peptide powder

Then, I went to Lotioncrafter:
Silk Amino Acid
Honeyquat
(My SO is going to have a fit :spank: ) Oh, well...

Brownie518 said:
Back again :wallbash: . Got to get this under control!
Just ordered from FNWL:
avocado butter
amla oil
brahmi oil,
mango butter
silk peptide powder

Then, I went to Lotioncrafter:
Silk Amino Acid
Honeyquat
(My SO is going to have a fit :spank: ) Oh, well...

You gonna love the SAA and honeyquat. Those are two of my favorite ingredients. The oat and wheat proteins are awesome too. :yep:

sareca said:
I wish I could take credit for it being discipline. The truth is I honestly can't imagine my hair being any better than it is right now. I'm not even tempted to try new products. :huh: I know, weird. I've never been here before but I like it. :grin:

Sareca,

I have been slacking on my henna, as well. Laziness is my deal.

I am SO tempted to get some braids for a month or so. I don't even feel like sitting hours for that.

Your hair looks so cute in your siggie pic!!! :D

sareca said:
You gonna love the SAA and honeyquat. Those are two of my favorite ingredients. The oat and wheat proteins are awesome too. :yep:

I have been using the Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen from Snow Drift farms and my hair has been in heaven!! I mix that with some of the wheat protein and throw it in some conditioner for a prepoo, my hair has so much elasticity. I have not done my henna in 2 months :sekret: because these treatments have been so effective. I think I am going to do a henna treatment when I am off around the 4th of July.

Last edited:
sareca said:

How are you working the oat and wheat? I actually decided to get the silks because of you, you know. I can't wait to get them. Your hair is looking good right now!!!

HoneyDew said:
Sareca,

I have been slacking on my henna, as well. Laziness is my deal.
I am SO tempted to get some braids for a month or so. I don't even feel like sitting hours for that.
Your hair looks so cute in your siggie pic!!! :D
I can't believe I've been slacking! I used to be militant about my henna. :armyhat:
HoneyDew said:
I have been using the Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen from Snow Drift farms and my hair has been in heaven!! I mix that with some of the wheat protein and throw it in some conditioner for a prepoo, my hair has so much elasticity. I have not done my henna in 2 months :sekret: because these treatments have been so effective. I think I am going to do a henna treatment when I am off around the 4th of July.
Ok, that's just creepy. I just posted about that http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=2260490&postcount=99
I'm gonna have to ask you not to read my mind... it's rude. :mad: :grin:

Last edited:
Brownie518 said:
How are you working the oat and wheat? I actually decided to get the silks because of you, you know. I can't wait to get them. Your hair is looking good right now!!!

Thanks. :dance7: I'm so happy with it; just wish it was BSL already. :ohwell:

I'm working it just like Honeydew; a little here and a little there...

I think silk gives a soft kinda of strength. Oat and wheat will help with your hair's moisture retention (oat) and elasticity (wheat and oat). Oat protein is said to coat the hair (kinda like cones NOT like cones) and lock in 50% more moisture so I use it in my last step i.e, moisturizer. I add the wheat and SAA to my leave-in and conditioners.

boundless tressess: everyone is hyping it so I have to try it
Aveda Elixir: I still like my Cantu shea butter better for detangling.
Aveda smoothing fluid: love the way it makes my hair feel after rollersetting
Aveda Hair detoxifyer: I have hard water so anything will help and it was only $9 so I could resist

That is too funny! I just read your post on the SAA thread! As always, thanks so much for the info. :notworthy .

bablou00 said:
boundless tressess: everyone is hyping it so I have to try it
Aveda Elixir: I still like my Cantu shea butter better for detangling.
Aveda smoothing fluid: love the way it makes my hair feel after rollersetting
Aveda Hair detoxifyer: I have hard water so anything will help and it was only $9 so I could resist

The white leave in that comes in a big jar? How is this for moisture?
Sorry to stray.

sareca said:

Same here. I think once you find your staple products and your hair is doing well, you really dont wanna try anything new. This is the case with me right now.:) Im glad because it took me several months to find my staples.

ORS Lye Relaxer
Sample of Porosity Control Condish
ORS Replenish in the bottle
Honey
Castor Oil
French Perm Stabilizer
Nexxus Aloe Rid

Hearing you guys talk about all these 'add ins' makes me want to try doctoring up some of my stuff. :) Ill just have to figure out what should go in what, etc. Love your hair, Sareca.

sareca said:
I can't believe I've been slacking! I used to be militant about my henna. :armyhat:

Ok, that's just creepy. I just posted about that http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=2260490&postcount=99
I'm gonna have to ask you not to read my mind... it's rude. :mad: :grin:

:lol: :lol:

That happens to me all the time. I will have a question or issue and want to post about it and then - like clockwork - someone will post about it here before I even have too. :eek: It's crazy!!

shunta said:
Same here. I think once you find your staple products and your hair is doing well, you really dont wanna try anything new. This is the case with me right now.:) Im glad because it took me several months to find my staples.

It took me almost 2 years and about millions products to find my staples (one of them I had to make myself :ohwell: ). I'm so glad I put the time and energy (and money) into it. I'm very content with my hair and it's progress right now and this is really the first time I can say that. All I have left is BSL.

Last edited:
I am running low on my staple deep con so I just bought Sauve Profesionals Extreme Strength Conditioner. It supposed to be the knock off of Redken's version. I'm not due for a deep co yet but I did a strand test a have to say that I like alot. I can't wait to do a full on deep con.

Back