Wedding Proposal - Yes Or No?

naturalmanenyc

20 years in and after 2 now adult kids together your boyfriend proposes.
Do you accept?

Does your opinion change if you are signing up to be wife #4?
Does your opinion change knowing he's been married to other women for the entire 20 years?

My first thought is he must be sick/dying since I know a man who did this (1 grown child though).

I know a man who did this. He was with the woman - 2 children. Then with her on and off and had children with other women in between. Then he told her that they should get married. They had a courthouse wedding with their 2 children present and he moved into her house.

To her it's a dream come true. To us, he wants to be taken care of in his old age.

Their children are now in their 30s btw and they got married about 3-5 years ago.

I'm really independent and don't want a man around 24-7, so I could've seen myself ending up in a situation like this simply because I just don't care that much. Not the him being married for 20 years part. I'd never get involved with a married man. But if we were in a relationship and we were on/off and he got married during an off phase, frankly I probably wouldn't care too much because I'm was never going to marry him. Would I let him back into my bed? When he was in between wives, maybe.

But would I ever marry him? Nope.

If I was the woman that had two kids with a married man, I guess those other bits wouldn't matter.

No. The only thing that would change my mind is if he were extremely wealthy and he gave me my money BEFORE we got married. Because at the point, you've put up with the most ratchet situations and marriage wouldn't even be beneficial to the woman anymore.

I wouldn't be in this situation and never will. But Goodluck to the poor girl :look: I mean she might as well right?

Ugh, ugh. He only wants a nurse after those other three women dumped his @ss. I mean the kids are grown, it doesn't even make sense her saying that at least he'll be in the house to share the child-rearing responsibilities. I'm sure if she came to her senses, she can do better. Being the runner up is never cool.

To her it's a dream come true. To us, he wants to be taken care of in his old age.

I can just imagine her telling people, "See he always loved me better than all the rest" :nono:

I wouldn't be in the 20yr scenario so no

wait i typed my response b4 i saw he was married :lachen: :cry:

but since she is and it's been 20yrs she prolly want his arse. Go on and say yes at that time when your kids are grown it doesn't even matter but if you plan on staying go ahead

my friend has been with her dude 19yrs 2yrs ago he proposed. Last October her son turned 18. On thanksgiving she had another baby. They are still engaged. :driver:

let the side ho have her weddin then he will get a new side ho and cheat with her

congratulations-by-vesta-o.gif

Last edited:
He's only marrying her because he's run out of wives to cheat on.

He's understaffed so he's promoting from within. He knows she's a loyal employee with lots of experience with the company. She can take the position of CFO Wife and he can start interviewing for a fresh new girlfriend/baby mama to open a new branch of the famity business.

He's only marrying her because he's run out of wives to cheat on.

He's understaffed so he's promoting from within. He knows she's a loyal employee with lots of experience with the company. She can take the position of CFO Wife and he can start interviewing for a fresh new girlfriend/baby mama to open a new branch of the famity business.

DH said the same. He will cheat on her too.

Back