~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2024

snoop

Yes, the year is half over, but a 6 month challenge can be the right amount of motivation...

:bdance:Welcome to Waist Length Dreams!

This is a resurrection of the 2018 Waist Length Dreams challenge! This is a two year 6 month challenge to motivate us to longer healthier lenghts! :yep:

The new check in dates are posted below. You can join at any time during the remainder of the year, but I will stop updating the challengers list Aug 31, 2024.

To join, LIKE THIS POST, and post the following:

Current Length:
Ultimate Goal:
Regimen:
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL:
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL)
Tips/Tricks:
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more:
Starting Pic:

You aren't an OFFICIAL challenger w/out a starting pic!

We will have the following check ins for 2024

August 31
December 31

I started this post based on a discussion in another thread -- regarding the absence of length challenges and motivational pictures on the hair boards. So, feel free to join and post lots and LOTS of pictures of your hair. It doesn't matter if you'll be able to make WL by the end of the year, we're all here to support each other on our hair journeys.

(My starting photos coming soon.)

I'm shooting for MBL this year.

I would join you, Sis, but I'm having a time with these darn pop up ads on this site. It makes the site look and feel really cheap and it's making me feel less secure about sharing on here. I've been spending less time here. :sad: I really don't want to lose this community but the oppressive Temu ads and pop up ads when I click on something are very off-putting.

I would join you, Sis, but I'm having a time with these darn pop up ads on this site. It makes the site look and feel really cheap and it's making me feel less secure about sharing on here. I've been spending less time here. :sad: I really don't want to lose this community but the oppressive Temu ads and pop up ads when I click on something are very off-putting.
Are you looking on your phone or laptop? On the phone, I don't see any ads.

Sorry everyone, this past week was busy, but here is my starting post:

Current Length: (Grazing?) WL
Ultimate Goal:
TBL
Regimen:

- Weekly washes with kaolin clay and ayurvedic herbs
- Moisturize & seal daily
- Wear hair in buns and ponytails. Keep hair covered when not doing those things
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL:
I'm growing out previous damage. I didn't big chop my hair to even out the ends so they're kind of various lengths. I want to say 2 to 4 inches until a satisfactory portion of my hair is WL.
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL)
Natural
Tips/Tricks:
Installing two strand twists and just leaving them alone for long periods of time. Also, monthly micro-trims using the lunar calendar.
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more:
Keeping up with drinking water. This is important.
Starting Pic:

My starting pics are a bit dated, but my hair has been in two strand twists for a month. It'll be a bit of time before I take them down so I'll have to use slightly older pictures as my starting photos.

InShot_20240114_162305630.jpg

(May 2024)
LHCF_May2024_LengthCheckTwists.png

(June 2024)
LHCF_Twists_202406.png

Thankfully, I'm not seeing the popup ads (maybe my adblockers are doing what they should), but there are so many weird changes. Right now when I post, it gives me a post preview but doesn't show that the post has been made... but if I refresh the screen the post shows up AND the post is still in edit mode. I guess this is why people are double posting...? It's frustrating, but I might end up slowing down on posting if things don't get fixed in the next few months.

Back