Votes: 7 17.1%
  • MBL

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • TBL+

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • WL

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
About 2 months ago I said I was going to start wearing spin pin buns, but I never did.
But I’m feeling too lazy to wash my hair this weekend, so I’m wearing one out to dinner tonight and probably all next week.

I hav been babying myself nor my hair like I'd promised myself this summer. My twists seem to be growing out nicely, though. I can make an effort over the next five weeks.

I've been walking daily and getting 10k steps pretty consistently, but I need to up water, protein, and healthy fats/oils with the same intensity.

I put on my henna+mayo. I really like it. I may do this every two weeks. I'm really good with once a month. I'm going to try to add a second one now

That's it I guess. I was going to braid it but I didn't like the color I chose. I'm just wearing a stretched bun or keeping it under a scarf

I have my 2nd (for August) henna+mayo in. Right in the middle of the month. Go me!

I used a leftover batch that I froze. It did make this second treatment a bit easier. I also had coconut oil on my hair already for a few days

Last edited:
All the ads are soooo annoying. I think we should stop having to pay to use the site if we are going to have a trillion ads.

My time here may be coming to an end. The post button is the same color as the ad button. It's so annoying. Then there is one that covers the entire screen. Ugh.

I literally have 3 ads on my screen.

My account expires summer of next year. That'll be the day I graduate from LHCF school

Eta: I just can't stand it. I'm going to use this place much less

Last edited:
Update
The 3 Previous Pics are from May 22. A stylist cut way too much for a trim.

I decided to wash and straighten to trim my ends today. I want to retain as much as possible this upcoming fall season, and I want to prioritize healthy hair.

The Sides are starting to grow back to match the Nape. My protective style from June-August was mainly mini braids, cornrows, and low back buns. I moisturize at least twice a week with leave-in spritz and oil my scalp/braids. I use any oil in my stash. I didn't take my vitamins as consistently this time around because I was exhausted.

I used some pomade and Castor Oil to sleek my hair into a bun and twist with a claw clip. I'll wear this style for a few days.

Attachments

• IMG_9229.PNG
    IMG_9229.PNG
    235.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9230.PNG
    IMG_9230.PNG
    216.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9231.PNG
    IMG_9231.PNG
    51 KB · Views: 11
  • August17.JPG
    August17.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 12
  • August1724.jpg
    August1724.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 18
Update
The 3 Previous Pics are from May 22. A stylist cut way too much for a trim.

I decided to wash and straighten to trim my ends today. I want to retain as much as possible this upcoming fall season, and I want to prioritize healthy hair.

The Sides are starting to grow back to match the Nape. My protective style from June-August was mainly mini braids, cornrows, and low back buns. I moisturize at least twice a week with leave-in spritz and oil my scalp/braids. I use any oil in my stash. I didn't take my vitamins as consistently this time around because I was exhausted.

I used some pomade and Castor Oil to sleek my hair into a bun and twist with a claw clip. I'll wear this style for a few days.
Gorgeous fullness, health, thickness and length.

Congratulations on your hair retention process! Your hair gone from above shoulder length on the sides, to past collarbone length.

Your self trim looks professionally done.

Will you be going to a stylist to get trims in the future?

Gorgeous fullness, health, thickness and length.

Congratulations on your hair retention process! Your hair gone from above shoulder length on the sides, to past collarbone length.

Your self trim looks professionally done.

Will you be going to a stylist to get trims in the future?

Thank You
I followed DeeperThanHair Self-Trim Tutorial on Youtube. I only took off a tab bit in the crown, sides, and front. The Nape/Back area is super blunt, so I clipped a few straggly pieces.

I am planning to avoid Professional Trims until my Hair is at least Bra-Strap length. I'm even planning to straighten my hair myself from now on...to avoid further setbacks.

Thank You
I followed DeeperThanHair Self-Trim Tutorial on Youtube. I only took off a tab bit in the crown, sides, and front. The Nape/Back area is super blunt, so I clipped a few straggly pieces.

I am planning to avoid Professional Trims until my Hair is at least Bra-Strap length. I'm even planning to straighten my hair myself from now on...to avoid further setbacks.
I think you could eliminate professional stylists all together because you can do Everything you need for your hair: implement and maintain a length retention routine, straighten, trim and style your own hair.

Last edited:
Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed: Texlaxed
Current Length: APL ?
Goal Length: MBL
Plan to reach goal length: 8 week sew-ins, eat whole foods, exercise, supplements
Regimen: texlax once every 6 months, wear hair out 1 month then 8 weeks sew in. Rotating this routine. Deep condition with heat weekly.
Protective Styles: Weave with frontal closure. Bun with draw string kinky curly ponytail.
Staple Products: My Ayurvedic Blend, Luseta Coconut Milk Deep Conditioner, Hooded Dryer.
Starting Pic: REQUIRED
Jan 26, 2024
Updated photo - August

Attachments

• Snapchat-1589002126.jpg
    Snapchat-1589002126.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Snapchat-789382544.jpg
    Snapchat-789382544.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 19
Are there any relaxed YouTubers at hip length anymore? I like watching those videos while I wash/condition my hair but I may have basically watched everything that is out there at this point :-(
I found one more, Tamera B on YouTube. She was almost tailbone if i'm not mistaken. Idk if you've seen her, and she has cut her hair since then. I watch a lot of videos on mute so I don't know her music or if she uses profanity. I'm not even sure if I've watched any of her videos, and if I did I don't remember lol. Here's a link:

I found one more, Tamera B on YouTube. She was almost tailbone if i'm not mistaken. Idk if you've seen her, and she has cut her hair since then. I watch a lot of videos on mute so I don't know her music or if she uses profanity. I'm not even sure if I've watched any of her videos, and if I did I don't remember lol. Here's a link:

I have never seen her before!!!!

@ItsMeLilLucky

Cuz, you sure know how to get me going down the darn YT rabbit hole!!! :lachen:

Are there any relaxed YouTubers at hip length anymore? I like watching those videos while I wash/condition my hair but I may have basically watched everything that is out there at this point :-(

@ScorpioLove

I've seen this lady's hair "V" touch her hip bone before, although outside of the hair board, they seem to call it WL instead of HL.
She seems to have good hair practices and appears to be on an overall health journey too! Her name is Ianna Yvonne

@ItsMeLilLucky

Cuz, you sure know how to get me going down the darn YT rabbit hole!!! :lachen:

@ScorpioLove

I've seen this lady's hair "V" touch her hip bone before, although outside of the hair board, they seem to call it WL instead of HL.
She seems to have good hair practices and appears to be on an overall health journey too! Her name is Ianna Yvonne

I’ve seen this lady before!

Thank you! I’ve noticed the amount of content on naturals is so much higher for new content. I just love looking at long beautiful heads of hair. I’ve never seen Tamara B- going to binge her videos

I’m probably obsessing over my scalp too much because I have this microscope. I apparently have ingrown hairs in my scalp. I need to exfoliate my scalp more and it’s just never been something I focused on before. That may be part of my hair density problems. .

Attachments

• IMG_6448.jpeg
    IMG_6448.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Ladies, ladies, ladies!!! 2 years and 4 months ago a beautician gave me a protein treatment and it caused my hair to knot and tangle. I went from nearly HL to a buzz cut. 2.4 years later it is 2" from BSL! OMG I am so excited at the growth and will not ever touch protein again!

Attachments

• Before and After.jpg
    Before and After.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
At the end of May I had convinced myself I was going to wear spin pin buns all the time. Why is today the first time I’ve done it since then?

It super easy. I think I’m not 100% loving that the hair I pull back into the bun is not at all smooth and very frizzy by the end of the day.

I will just have to learn to like my hair this way, it the way it grows out of my head. Or I have to find a product other than the Doux foam to slick it back with. But I don’t want to become a product junkie looking for the right product for a semi-smooth bun. And I don’t want to sleep in the bun so I have to be able to do it quickly in the morning.

At the end of May I had convinced myself I was going to wear spin pin buns all the time. Why is today the first time I’ve done it since then?

It super easy. I think I’m not 100% loving that the hair I pull back into the bun is not at all smooth and very frizzy by the end of the day.

I will just have to learn to like my hair this way, it the way it grows out of my head. Or I have to find a product other than the Doux foam to slick it back with. But I don’t want to become a product junkie looking for the right product for a semi-smooth bun. And I don’t want to sleep in the bun so I have to be able to do it quickly in the morning.
I don’t like frizzy hair on myself either. I think it’s a great thing to modify your bun until you really love it.

I don’t like frizzy hair on myself either. I think it’s a great thing to modify your bun until you really love it.
I’m torn. I know I would like my bun better if it were a bit smoother. But I also want to learn to love my hair slightly frizzy. I’m sure if I give it time it will grow on me. I didn’t love my natural curls when I first started wearing them, but now I can’t imagine not wearing them.

But the bun is super easy and I think it’s a better way to grow my hair out.

I can’t stop touching my bun. The spin pins make it so secure. It’s like a tennis ball and it’s so solid no stray/loose hair. And when I remove the pins I don’t have a single broken hair.
Even the non-slickness of the hair going into the bun is starting to grow on me.

I need a new protocol if I’m going to wear curly buns. My current method leads to too many tangles.

This Wednesday I washed and detangled my hair and then applied kinky curly knot today and did my bun. I took it down to sleep and wore a buff to cover my hair. This morning, 3 days later, I washed my hair and it was so tangled. I’m probably due for a trim but the kinky curly wasn’t enough to keep my hair moisturized or keep the tangles at bay. I think I can’t skip my botanical gel. It does an excellent job of keeping my hair hydrated and minimizing tangles. I may also need to twist it at night before I go to bed.

I’m a little disappointed because that entire process was so quick and easy.

Back