2024 - SL/APL Challenge/Support Thread

It is Monday again and I didn't get to my hair this weekend. This more I rinsed, conditioned, applied leave-in and put my hair in a twisted bun. This won't last so I will try get my hair done by Wednesday night and put it into something that will last a week.

Finally got around to really doing my hair.

Used a protein treatment before I shampooed. Shampooed twice. Then I used K18 and followed that with a balanced moisturizing conditioner. I applied leave-in in the shower. Then I applied Kkcc, added a little water and put my hair in 5 bantus.

I finally got around to putting in 2 strand twists which took about 2 hours. I have definitely retained some length since last time which by my pics seem to be January.

20240107_174021.jpg January 2024

20240810_180743_copy_1973x2307.jpg August 2024

Last edited:
Ladies, ladies, ladies!!! 2 years and 4 months ago a beautician gave me a protein treatment and it caused my hair to know and tangle. I went from nearly HL to a buzz cut. 2.4 years later it is 2" from BSL! OMG I am so excited at the growth and will not ever touch protein again! I am so so excited!!!

Attachments

• Before and After.jpg
    Before and After.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 11
Ladies, ladies, ladies!!! 2 years and 4 months ago a beautician gave me a protein treatment and it caused my hair to know and tangle. I went from nearly HL to a buzz cut. 2.4 years later it is 2" from BSL! OMG I am so excited at the growth and will not ever touch protein again! I am so so excited!!!
I'm so happy for you! Your hair looks amazing!

made my oil mix for my scalp. I don't straighten my hair anymore and decided to keep things simple

I alternate between different cornrow styles. my braider includes the hair.

I wash and condition biweekly.
spray braids 2x/day. Oil scalp daily
trim only as needed

Congratulations. I'm so glad you made a comeback. That is fabulous growth and retention. You should bottle that and sell it :lol:

WOW!! I'm so sorry to hear about that experience. I can't imagine how you must've felt! I would've been so scared and angry. But your progress in almost 2.5 years is so inspirational!! Congratulations!!

Please, drop that regi for us to learn from! :notworthy:

WOW!! I'm so sorry to hear about that experience. I can't imagine how you must've felt! I would've been so scared and angry. But your progress in almost 2.5 years is so inspirational!! Congratulations!!

Please, drop that regi for us to learn from! :notworthy:
Thank you lady!

For most of the year I have kept my hair in twists but also get flat irons to trim my ends (new hairdresser of course.) Honestly I have had more flat irons this year than twists. What I think really did it is taking supplements and eating more protein along with consistent light trims. This is what my hair looked like before the protein tore it up. When my hair was WL/near HL I kept it in twists, but should have trimmed a little more. I am truly so excited to see this much progress in 2 years!

Attachments

• Long hair.jpg
    Long hair.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 6
Back