~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

Hi ladies. So this is my third time (third week) taking the vitamin D. Not sure if it by itself will contribute to better growth. I did purchase Komaza Care Anagen Elite and a couple bottle of my old standby Protein Strengthener. I want to see how the Anagen Elite works. I might get back to my sulfur regimen, but not sure if I want to skew the results of the Anagen Elite (whether it works or not). At this point, I will try anything...my hair just refuses to be nice to me. :lol: I have been back drinking green smoothies and I put 3g of chlorella in them now. I do enjoy them.

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz
  • DC'd under heat for an hour with Soultanical's Afrotastic
  • Used CC's Natural Scalp Scrub, CW'd with KJ Naturals Cocoa Clay Raspberry, Reconstructed with Garnier, 80% rinse out of ACV & Tressemme Moisture Rich
  • L = Aphogee Curlific; O = Mielle Organics Mint Almond on scalp & Keravada Raspberry Vanilla on length; G = FUBU Curl Defining

Happy Sunday Lovelies!!!:2inlove:

So...I'm still here...still on full FMLA but inching towards being able to return to work for at least half days...What that means for hair is that I have been keeping it braided. My friend comes and re-braids every week and half to two weeks. Yesterday, I pre-poo'ed, set under the steamer, and then got my hair washed, blow-dried, and re-braided...I also gave myself a little trim (very necessary). I don't know how much my hair has grown, but I feel like it should be healthy. Coconut oil is my saving grace-- for my hair, skin, I slather it on errthang!! :spinning::spinning:

Current Length: grazing apl
Ultimate Goal: bsl curly and tbl straight
Regimen:
pre-poo with pre-poo mixture + dentagle hair in sections
Co-wash 2x week
DC 1x week
hot oil/oil rinse 1x week
Protein treatments and poo as needed

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: about 9-11 inches
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) type 3 natural
Tips/Tricks: find a reggie that work for you AND your hair and stick to it.
Issues or difficulties you're having/Things you're tweaking to grow or retain more: my raggy ends
Starting Pic:

Attachments

• IMG_2805.JPG
    IMG_2805.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2963.JPG
    IMG_2963.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Pre-poo'd with Avon Frizz Control for 30 minutes under heat cap & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80% of the Tresemme Moisture Rich.
  • LCOB'd: L = Aphogee Curlific; C = Kurlee Belle Leave In; O = Mielle Organics Almond Mint on scalp & Annabelle's Safflower on length; B = Siamese Twists Pracaxi Peach ButterCreme on ends.

image.jpeg My hair has been in crochet braids the last 3 weeks ^^^. I've been doing a lot of traveling and swimming, and I accidently left my leave in at home, so I'll probably take these out in week 4 or 5. I moved to a new city so I have to find a new stylist :(. My girl made my crochet braids look so natural. I also chose hair with a similar length and texture to my own.

thanks guys. i tried, but guarantee they don't look as good as sgold04's. Like, one shouldn't look closely at the roots, lol. And I'm sure I can't stretch them beyond 3 weeks. @sgold04 how long did a professional install take? the cornrowing time + the latching time? is it too much to ask how much they cost?

image.jpeg
thanks guys. i tried, but guarantee they don't look as good as sgold04's. Like, one shouldn't look closely at the roots, lol. And I'm sure I can't stretch them beyond 3 weeks. @sgold04 how long did a professional install take? the cornrowing time + the latching time? is it too much to ask how much they cost?
Took about 5 hours give or take a few. She takes longer to cornrow than other stylists I've had because she makes the cornrows small. She charges me $80, but she normally charges $120-$130, we know each other from undergrad so I get the OG discount.

Here's a pic of the front, she only left out the baby hair around my edges. (I don't know why I can never get the image to go below the text smh). The hair used was Outre expressions kinky curly

@sgold04 re. the pic going under the text; after uploading and before inserting the pic, just make sure the cursor is flashing after the text where you want the image to appear. Otherwise I think it automatically puts your pic at the top of your post.

@sgold04 re. the pic going under the text; after uploading and before inserting the pic, just make sure the cursor is flashing after the text where you want the image to appear. Otherwise I think it automatically puts your pic at the top of your post.
I can't upload pics like I'm supposed to, so I place the cursor where I want the image to go, but it just keeps loading and loading, so then I have to go under "more options" and uploading a full image there is where it's placed at the beginning, but I will see what happens if I place the cursor toward the bottom when in "other options".

I got a trim, so 1" is off. Back to just below the bottom of the bra strap. Anyway, I put in crochet twists myself, my first time!
View attachment 363195

I LOVE that colour...I would love to be able to put in my own crochet braids and I started to practice cornrowing, and did two VERY pitiful braids going back, but will keep practicing.

I also think I figured out my WnG life...my hair is still frizzy, but I think I have a rhythm down: bunning 3-4x a week and wearing it loose 2-3x a week (probably less, I like bunning, I don't wear it tight and I move it around...it's also easier to use my sulphur treatment when I know I'm going back in a bun tomorrow). I am going to try this through July, and see what the growth/breakage and shedding are like.

This is my WnG for today (I already have about 5 weeks of NG here and my hair is naturally frizzy) - I definitely still have shrinkage, which I like! I like the texture as it is now:
View media item 128777
And here is a texture shot of my texlaxed hair...you can see on the ends that are over-processed, I am cutting those off slowly:
View media item 128779

I can't upload pics like I'm supposed to, so I place the cursor where I want the image to go, but it just keeps loading and loading, so then I have to go under "more options" and uploading a full image there is where it's placed at the beginning, but I will see what happens if I place the cursor toward the bottom when in "other options".

I get that eternal loading nonsense too. I wait a few seconds and refresh the page and the image is there.

While on vacation Friday/Saturday, I CW'd with KJ's Natural Raspberry Cocoa & HQ Lime, 80% rinse out of ACV & hotel conditioner. LCOS'd with L = Bee Mine Juicy/Cozy Moment Vanilla Waffle Cone; C = Curly Kinks Satin Roots; O = Keravada Raspberry Vanilla on length & Mielle Organics Mint Almond on scalp & S = S-curl.

Last night & today:
  • Pre-poo'd overnight with Ojon Reverse Damage on length, Coconut Oil on ends & AVJ spritz.
  • DC'd under heat cap for a little over an hour with ST Afrotastic.
  • Shampoo'd with TJ's Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with HQ Lime, Reconstructed with Garnier & 80% rinse out of ACV & TGIN Replenishing.
  • LCOSB'd with L = Aphogee Curlific; C = FUBU Curl Elongator; O = Keravada Raspberry Vanilla on length & Mielle Organics Mint Almond on scalp; S = S-curl; B = Siamese Twists Peach Pracaxi ButterCreme on ends.

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Siamese Twists Pracaxi Peach ButterCreme on ends.
  • DC'd with a mix of Vatika Garlic, HH Yucca & Mango Thickening Growth Lotion & Kapri Tone ayurvedic powder under a heat cap for a little over an hour.
  • Scrubbed scalp with CC's Natural, CW'd with HQ Lime, Reconstructed with Garnier, rinsed out 80% ACV & TGIN Replenishing Conditioner.
  • SLCOB'd with S = Original Moxie Oasis Moisture Gel Serum; L = Aphogee Curlific; C = Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls; O = Mielle Organics on scalp & Keravada Raspberry Vanilla on length; B = Siamese Twists Pracaxi Peach ButterCreme on ends.

I just finished detangling with my pre-poo condish mix. Im wayyyy to tried from work to finish my hair tonite. I'll try to finish tomorrow after work,if not when ill wash next week then.

• Pre-poo'd my twists for a little over 30 minutes with Avon Frizz Control under heat & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80% of TGIN Replenishing Conditioner.
  • LCO'd with L = Cream & Coco 1000 Flowers & Aphogee Curlific; C = Cozy Moments Banana Coconut; O = Mielle Organics Mint Almond on scalp & Keravada Raspberry Vanilla on length.

I took out my crochet braids today. My hair feels soft and strong, but I have too many SSKs due to my neglect a couple months ago, I'm so mad at myself!

I did a HOT with CO and EVOO then finger detangled. I couldn't find any tresemme naturals in the drug stores I've gone to here, so I bought a Shea moisture conditioner to use to comb out but it didn't have as much slip. I'll chelate tomorrow after kickboxing then deep condition with mielle organics. I'll attempt to do some flat twists, but if that doesn't work I'll just do about 7 large twists and keep in a bun. I need to focus on keeping my ends moisturized so I'm going to baggy a few nights this week.

Later next week I'll get my hair braided like this photo. I hope it looks good for 2-3 weeks, then I'll give my hair more tlc and get crochet braids again.
image.jpeg

• Pre-poo'd overnight with Jakeala's Coconut Hair Milk & EVCO.
  • DC'd under heat cap for an hour with Kanechom Chocolate.
  • Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with HQ Lime, Reconstructed with K. Moore Growth & Repair, Rinsed out 80% ACV & TGIN Replenishing.
  • LCS'd with L = Coco Cream 1000 Flowers; C = Cozy Moments Banana Coconut; S = Design Essentials Mousse.

• Prepoo'd over an hour with Avon Frizz Control & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80% SM Black African Balancing Conditioner.
  • LCOS'd with L = Cream & Coco 1000 Flowers & Ion Reparative Solutions; C = Cozy Moments Banana Coconut; O = Mielle Organics Mint Almond on scalp; S = Lustrasilk Curl Activator.

Back