~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

I haven't trimmed my hair since I had 2-3 inches cut back in December. The ends are getting tangly again so when I get my hair straightened on Thursday I'm going to have her trim 0.5-1 inch.

So I've finally gotten back to where I was in December and I need to cut again. If I ever want to make WL, I'm going to have to be better to my ends.

@Caramel74 your hair has definitely grown girlie! That's awesome.

@GettingKinky that's great that your hair is back to where it was. You were so close to WL a few times, so I know you're well on your way.

@JJamiah I am taking one class right now too, so am enjoying that little "break"

As for me, my vitamin D levels are low, so I was prescribed 50000iu weekly. I wonder if that's why my hair hasn't grown well. I'll keep you all posted.

I think I have a regimen that should last at least a month (even though I said that about the last one)
I am currently rinsing daily then following with knot today, kurly custard, avocado oil and then wearing a low bun.
I wash 1x week then a PT or DC depending on how my hair feels.

I recently realized the need for protective styling but the twists weren't really my style..
+ With running daily/sweat, I need to rinse my hair, I also need to moisturize daily.. so this seems like a win-win.
I've also noticed over the years the best growth regimens included daily co-washing and simple styling (daily co-washing would leave my hair over-moisturized but daily rinsing seems to be working)

Hope this lasts :pray:

@Froreal3 did your doctor check your vitamin levels? I'm sure I'm deficient in something, but my doctor never tells me anything :(

My slow hair and nail growth tell me that I'm lacking something.

On another note, I'm not sure if I should wash my hair today or wait until my next off day. It still smells great and my scalp is fine. The pj in me just wants to try my new Loreal smoothing shampoo:evilbanana:

@Caramel74 your hair has definitely grown girlie! That's awesome.

@GettingKinky that's great that your hair is back to where it was. You were so close to WL a few times, so I know you're well on your way.

@JJamiah I am taking one class right now too, so am enjoying that little "break"

As for me, my vitamin D levels are low, so I was prescribed 50000iu weekly. I wonder if that's why my hair hasn't grown well. I'll keep you all posted.
:thankyou:

@Froreal3 did your doctor check your vitamin levels? I'm sure I'm deficient in something, but my doctor never tells me anything :(

On another note, I'm not sure if I should wash my hair today or wait until my next off day. It still smells great and my scalp is fine. The pj in me just wants to try my new Loreal smoothing shampoo:evilbanana:

@Froreal3 and @Prettymetty Vitamin D deficiency is definitely very common for black women and often goes undiagnosed and untreated. Definitely get your doc to screen for it and if you have to take a supplement make sure you take Vitamin D3. Vitamin D3 is the form the body needs but some versions are D2 which needs to be converted. Taking the supplement has definitely made a difference for me and I saw improvements in my hair as well.

@Froreal3 and @Prettymetty Vitamin D deficiency is definitely very common for black women and often goes undiagnosed and untreated. Definitely get your doc to screen for it and if you have to take a supplement make sure you take Vitamin D3. Vitamin D3 is the form the body needs but some versions are D2 which needs to be converted. Taking the supplement has definitely made a difference for me and I saw improvements in my hair as well.
My doctor prescribed the D2...4 pills to be taken weekly for 4 weeks. But I did some research and went ahead and bought the D3.

My dr. is very thorough. She checked vitamin levels in the blood and also did an EKG.

• Pre-poo'd twists with HE The Sleeker The Butter under the heat cap for 30 minutes & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80% of Tresemme Moisture Rich.
  • LCOB'd with L = SSI Moisture Mist; C = Coco Curls; O = Keravada Alter Ego on scalp & Annabelle's Essential on length; B = SSI Kiwi Kiss on ends.

Hi Ladies!! Just checking in...My hair is still braided up...I'm still unable to put my weight on my foot so it's left me pretty immobile...But, on the bright side- maybe this was a Hide Your Hair challenge in the making...Coconut oil has been my best friend... I hope everyone is doing well!:bouncy:

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz.
  • DC'd with ORS & Texture My Natural for a little over an hour under the heat cap.
  • CW'd with HE The Sleeker The Butter, used CC's Natural Scalp Scrub, Garnier Reconstructor & 80% rinse out of ACV & Tressemme Moisture Rich.
  • LCOB'd with L = LRC Shake 'n Go; C = Mop Top Curling Custard & KJ Natural's Green Mango Stretch & Curl; O = Keravada Alter Ego on scalp & Buttercream on length; B = SSI Kiwi Kiss on ends.

Update:

So while my braidouts lately have been bomb, it's getting too hot for this. I do them on damp ish hair so they're really stretched and my hair is on my back & neck. I was doing shampoo once a week then rebraiding every night.

Now I'm going to start cowashing multiple times a week. After I use my turbie twist to soak up most of the water, I moisturize, gel, put it in a ponytail then braid the ponytail. Basically it's a a half wash n go half braidout ponytail lol. I'll shampoo every 1 1/2-2 weeks

Tonight I'll probably use the last bit of my SSI green tea hair milk to moisturize. In search of a good on the ground leave in. My other leave in has about 2 or so weeks left before it's done. Also I used up all my cowashes last week so today & yesterday I picked up 4 cowashes (3 Moptop & 1 Pantene)

I was thinking instead of buying a 8oz or more bottle of leave in I should just buy travel sizes of different kinds

I have a recent pic of my hair in a ponytail from the last time I straightened it. Gonna post later

Switching up my regimen.
My hair is the same length it was a year ago.
Maybe go back to constant bunning which helped retain length.
Been having too much fun trying different styles.

I went to salon for blow out and flat iron. She trimmed my ends and took off bare minimum.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 32
So here's my length check. It's like 1", 1.5" away from waist length. I put the belt around my natural waist as a marker. Uh, sorry my hair is in such a state, I was in the midst of detangling. I'm going to wash and blow dry and maybe straighten on low heat. I actually have an appt with Reniece again this Saturday. I have to go in with it already fully detangled, and as easy for her to handle as possible, as I want her to blow dry and trim and then give me basic cornrows so I can do crochet braids myself. So I want to get it fully detangled today and in such a state as to where I can wash and do an *easy* blow dry before I go in Saturday morning. I will not have time to do that if it's very tangled.

0522lengthcheck_small.jpg

Here's a picture of a lightly flight ironed ponytail from a couple months ago

0329ponytail_small.jpg

As I get farther in my hair journey I get lazier. I've already stopped prepooing and now I want to stop making my own baking soda shampoo.

What sulfate free shampoo do you ladies reccomendation?

• Pre-poo'd with HE The Sleeker The Butter & Honey's Handmade Pumpkin & Safflower Apple Butter for 30 minutes under the heat cap & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80 % of the Tressemme Moisture Rich.
  • LCOB'd: L = LRC Shake 'n Go; C = Coco Curls; O = Keravada Alter Ego on scalp & Buttercream on length; B = SSI Kiwi Kiss on ends.
I didn't like how my hair dried so I went back and added Hawaiian Silky for a curly set.

Last edited:
  • Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ mix, EVCO on length & Belle Butters Orange Dream Cream on ends.
  • DC'd for a little over an hour under the heat cap with Vatika Garlic.
  • Poo'd with TJ's Tea Tree Tingle; CW'd with KJ Natural's Cocoa Clay Raspberry; Reconstructed with Garnier; rinsed out 80% of Shea Moisture Black Soap & ACV mix.
  • BLSO'd: B = Kyra Shea Medley Rejuvenation & Hairitage Hydration Caramel Frappuccino Butters on scalp; L = LRC Shake 'n Go; S = Entwine Crème Jelle, KJ Natural's Green Mango Stretch & Curl Custard & Twisted Sista Curl Activator; O = Keravada Buttercream.

• Pre-poo'd with Avon Frizz Control for 30 minutes under the heat cap & CW'd it out.
  • Rinsed out 80 % of the Tressemme Moisture Rich.
  • LSO'd: L = LRC Shake 'n Go; S = Ouidad Curl Quencher & Twisted Sista Curl Activator; O = Keravada Buttercream on length.

Back