uurgh guys are a pain!!!

Maa Maa omo mti

Long story short: I was talking to this guy that I've known for awhile but never really hanged out with. We started dating earlier this year and things were great. Until I found out that he was scheduled to relocated to London for 3 yrs. Well after that he became really distant, and the relationship started lacking, so in June I ended it, but remained friends. He was sent to London for 2 months and we communicated back and forth and we had discussed the relationship and he makes big promises and said that if he wasn't leaving we would be working towards a marriage yadda yadda. So I felt like I got the short end of the stick and really hated that. Don't give me what you would do when you can actually do things now. He gets to london said he hates it and will try to find a new job. he also referred to us working things out if I'm still up for it. I told him that he's gonna have to make me believe he isn't half stepping on his end. So today I get an IM from him and it goes as follow:

[12:29] j24: Hi
[12:29] sassyabenyo76: hello
[12:29] j24: how's it going
[12:32] sassyabenyo76: good how bout you?
[12:32]j24: pretty good
[12:32] j24: back in town
[12:32] sassyabenyo76: congrats
[12:33] j24: yeah it's good to be back in town
[12:35] j24: aren't you glad Im back
[12:36] sassyabenyo76: lol I'm happy that you made it safely back
[12:37] j24: bt you don't want to see me
[12:37] sassyabenyo76: I didn't say that
[12:38] j24: but your not saying that you want to
[12:38] sassyabenyo76: I just heard your back
[12:40] sassyabenyo76: John seriously do you expect me to sweat you?
[12:40] sassyabenyo76: you dissed me hard before remember
[12:40] j24: no body said anything about you sweatin me
[12:40] j24: never expected that
[12:41] sassyabenyo76: well then what? I said I was glad you are back
[12:41] sassyabenyo76: I'll see you when you make it a point that it's worth it
[12:41] j24: fine whatever peace
[12:41] sassyabenyo76: bye

Was I rude or was he too extra? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
He doesn't sound like a grown man-- he's acting like a child. "Whatever, bye!" :rolleyes: A man will make his intentions known and stick to his promises...not test the waters. JMO! :)

ETA: You were not in the wrong. His approach should have been 'I'm back in town and I reeeeallly would like to see you/meet up with you/have dinner with you to talk and catch up. But if you're not okay with that, then just let me know'

I don't think you were rude, you were being REAL. I had a similar situations with a guy that moved overseas to play basketball. He got sooo distant right before he left but once he got over there and got lonely, he'd call all the time and make all these hollow promises. My girl called them "Jail House Promises"...the kind that men locked up for years make to women on the outside, girl when I get home I'mma marry you...I miss you, I lurbe you :rolleyes:. If this guy was about his, and wanted you he would have come to see YOU. None of that, I'm home what you gonna do mess. I feel you here, stand your ground.

I don't think you were rude, you were being REAL. I had a similar situations with a guy that moved overseas to play basketball. He got sooo distant right before he left but once he got over there and got lonely, he'd call all the time and make all these hollow promises. My girl called them "Jail House Promises"...the kind that men locked up for years make to women on the outside, girl when I get home I'mma marry you...I miss you, I lurbe you :rolleyes:. If this guy was about his, and wanted you he would have come to see YOU. None of that, I'm home what you gonna do mess. I feel you here, stand your ground.

lolol:drunk: i like that

He doesn't sound like a grown man-- he's acting like a child. "Whatever, bye!" :rolleyes: A man will make his intentions known and stick to his promises...not test the waters. JMO! :)

ETA: You were not in the wrong. His approach should have been 'I'm back in town and I reeeeallly would like to see you/meet up with you/have dinner with you to talk and catch up. But if you're not okay with that, then just let me know'

OMGawd! I hate that too. It is very childish and I dont even give those type of guys anymore time out of my day to waste.

Back