My BSL December Updates w/straight hair pics

Ediesse, i'm curious about the products, i don't want to texlax, but i want my styles to last in this humidity, you mentioned superskinny serum by pmitchell and a phyto product, is this it?

Phytologie - Phyto Defrisant 5.9 oz LIMITED OFFER!!!

Relaxing Balm relaxes hair, and makes hair more manageable between shampoos. After shampooing, squee .. More Info
PRICE $ 34.00

please keep me posted on how well your hair lasts in this humidity...i'll purchase these if you feel your hair has done really well. Thanks bunches~

I think it is, but I don't know for sure. It's still holding up today. I'll let you know how long it lasts. As for the Charlene the owner, I really liked her. I could tell that she would be willing to help me reach my goals. She's a great stylist!

Last edited:
awwwh success is always the best revenge! -revenge may not be the right word, but you know what I mean- I love the ex-boyfriends story! ..and GORGEOUS results on your hair! Your hairdresser did a fab job, but you did an amazing job growing and retaining all this length. I agree, 3 inches sounds like a lot for a "trim".

Your hair is beautiful and you have come along way. If I were you, I'd start off with cutting .5 - 1" and work my way up from there. I wouldn't do a massive 3" of cut. Cut a small amount, allow your hair to grow and continue cutting smaill amounts. You will eventually reach your goal of having all the damage ends cut off over time.

I too live in Houston and it was a Houston beautician who damage and cut off my APL to 1/2" not telling me that she didn't know how to do a cut in a magazine that was sitting in her shop. After that I said I would only do my hair myself until I can nurse my hair back to health. Yesterday I found an Asain woman who can do Black hair. I am willing to give her a try (every now and then) because she was honest about her skills and did an absolutely EXCELLENT trim on my hair!! I gained about 3" over 6months but had to cut about 1" off due to bad ends after taking my braids out. C&G here I come again in about 30 days.....

Hating.

I am hating. :p

G:shocked:rgeous

How'd you do the curly set? It's beautiful.

Still hating.

Thank you!:blush: I used flexi rods for the set. I had no idea what I was doing. First I tried magnetic rollers, but I couldn't get the clip to stay so I just used the flexi rods to roll it. It was cute when I was through, but I combed it out because I wanted it straight again.

I wanted it to look more like a roller set. Can someone tell me how to do that please?

Looking very good Ediese. I agree with the comments...get a 2nd opinion and take it from there. I loved the story about the ex-BFs :lol:

What on earth would you be cutting?
Your hair looks beautiful and healthy. If you choose to trim, I definitely WOULD NOT let this stylist do it because she will feel like you are "challenging" her if you ask her to trim just a little. We all know that stylists will do whatever they want to when you're not looking.

Beautiful progress!

very nice growth in a short time, ha ha at the ex's i'd get back with one of them (only for vengeance:) and then say peace out with the breeze in my hair lol!!!!!

Oh, so pretty!! I agree with previous comments. 1 inch, tops, and a serious search and destroy session. Followed by occasional search and destroy sessions to follow. :yep:

Your hair is just lovely! And so inspirational.

Back