Ticked At Spouse - Asked To Continue Working

I just researched Squirrel trapping and you are suppose to take the squirrels at least 10 miles away.

Researching Meal Menu Delivery Subscriptions as a gift for future SAHH. There are so many of them.

but to tell you the truth sometimes i take days off work when I know that dh is going to work. home by myself (no kids, no dh, no plans) is nice sometimes :shh:
Yeah I think he is just ready to check out of the workforce. He is just done. I do understand @Transformer though, mybut circumstances were different when I was asked to just go and get my dream job back that I left for the benefit of his, since he was the main breadwinner. He didn’t want to be responsible anymore and be at home.
But this is a lot to think about. He isn’t sticking to the plan. So a conversation with a counselor would be the best option. He may just be tired, and is ready to embrace change immediately, but he isn’t taking his spouse and the agreement into consideration.
Become a gym rat is another type of lifestyle that one can become so consumed with. I used to be a program director at a gym!

Last edited:
Yep-- that's his routine. But if he's doing something else--I DON'T CARE.

He spends the first hour "warming up" his bones in the sauna and stretching. Next 1.5 hours some form of exercise plus weight training. Then about a half hour to shower and dress. He actually wants a job opening the gym in the mornings---so that he can ensure the sauna will be hot when he uses it.
Girl I have seen people be there for 5-6 hours. They run their mouths, they will run on the track, the will go sit in the steam room, they will go to the juice bar and hang out, etc..

Yep-- that's his routine. But if he's doing something else--I DON'T CARE.

He spends the first hour "warming up" his bones in the sauna and stretching. Next 1.5 hours some form of exercise plus weight training. Then about a half hour to shower and dress. He actually wants a job opening the gym in the mornings---so that he can ensure the sauna will be hot when he uses it.

That actually sounds nice!

The biggest problem I’m going to have is that I like silence in the mornings....until after lunch. he tunes on Sports Talk and Political Talk shows at 6am.

We really need separate houses.

THIS!!

I remember your post from years ago that talked about separate bedrooms. I agreed back then and still agree now. Dh keeps the TV on all night and it has me dreaming about politics, dumb Trump tweets and shti. Waking up to more cnn and msnbc in the morning. :cry3:this is not for me. I swear I am eyeing a house with two master bedrooms specifically for this reason.

The guest room is my only escape.

I don’t see the big deal personally. Yall are all the tail end of retirement and very well off if your posts are any indication. Idk how long y’all have been together but I don’t see the problem in indulging what is likely to be a one off request. I would play along, but make it very clear you expect sheets to be washed and changed, clothes to be washed, dried, ironed and folded, breakfast, lunch, and dinner prepared along with every other household item that needs to be completed, in addition to being ready to feed and sex me by the time I got home. See how long his fantasy will persist then. I don’t see the issue with role reversal/roleplay but alas I am young and unmarried and therefore my opinion counts for naught in this space. :drunk:
this + secretly install hidden cameras that stream to your cellphone. ;)

Right now I'm so mad at my spouse that I have more steam than a combustible engine.

Here's the deal. We are both scheduled to permanently retire from external work within the next 12 months. This NEGRO had the nerve to propose that I work another 6 to 12 months. WHY? TO FULLFILL HIS FANTASY OF BEING A HOUSE HUSBAND.

Get this. He has developed a schedule which consist of a gym workout from 6am - 9am. Then back home to clean house and cook dinner. Sounds like the perfect house husband role EXCEPT currently he only cooks COFFEE and Spaghetti using bottled sauce. That's it...the total of his culinary talents.

Pissed, hurt, disappointed doesn't describe how I feel right now. I have let him know that he can make plans for his life while I make plans for mine.

So who thinks I should engage in his FANTASY?

tell him he can pretend to be a house husband, while you pretend to go to work.

Me....not interfering with his groove. The squirrels are back in the outdoor Sofitt. I told him to set traps last week...tomorrow I will call the trappers who was suppose to evict and relocate thoes damn squirels this spring. They are back...finding the food they stored up there.

The biggest problem I’m going to have is that I like silence in the mornings....until after lunch. he tunes on Sports Talk and Political Talk shows at 6am.

We really need separate houses.
Take his five rooms and repurpose/redecorate them for yourself. Including a separate bedroom so you can have your quiet mornings.

This has been part of our retirement plans for years.....we hit all our goals. This is just his FANTASY..... its like he wants to demonstrate skills he doesn't have.

I'm not telling him to continue working.....I've told him he can stop any day of the week, but he says he going to go with the plan........except he wants to change MY date.

Oh HAIL Nah!!! That's not his decision.

Back