Until I Get Married Blogger Jozen Cummings

On my first read, I didn't realize that soup dates meant that the restaurant can have solid food but his date can only order soup. I get it now. Whether it's Boston Market or Ruth Chris, don't look at nothing on the menu that don't come in the serving sizes cup or bowl.

A place that serves nothing, I mean nothing, but soup would have been a gold mine for him. Lol.

On my first read, I didn't realize that soup dates meant that the restaurant can have solid food but his date can only order soup. I get it now. Whether it's Boston Market or Ruth Chris, don't look at nothing on the menu that don't come in the serving sizes cup or bowl.
How does this even work though? Does he let you know the deal before you get there?, or tell you as you peruse the menu:rofl: Not asking you @Crackers Phinn - just general question out to the universe:rofl:

These grown men know how to do first dates too, they just don’t want to, and don’t have too. Even Jozen said in his post that he makes the occasional exception when the woman is fine enough. So when he thinks he’s got a prize, he steps up and does at least the bare minimum, so he doesn’t immediately squander his opportunity by suggesting a Panera bread bowl date.
Yep. And the bare minimum dusties are the most entitled. The moment you put that fork in your mouth sex better be on the table. Let them tell it, if not for them, you would have been scavenging the streets for your next meal.

Its not even worth it to go on minus well dates anymore ...aka going to dinner with dudes you weren’t crazy about or attracted to just to get out of the house for a good convo and “practice”. Once upon a time ago it was recommended we do that just so we don’t get rusty once we get asked out by a guy we really are interested in ...but now? Naw. Go out with your home girls or just stay in the house with some wine.

I dated this one guy who probably knows Jozen by association bc he was friends with the blogger crew. I went on a handful of dates with him...nothing crazy fancy. He kept telling me how good of a cook he was and how he cooks the best breakfast. I slept over his house but didn’t sleep with him or go down or anything. He was so mad he refused to cook breakfast. :lachen: That was the last time we hung out.

I don’t have time for men who cry about not getting sex on dates. I’m all for sexual expression but looking back, I’m glad I was pretty stingy with who I slept with in my circle bc guys’ true colors showed when their sexual advances were refused.

I know Demetria is referring to this situation. She said she wont make excuses for his screwups but also won't abandon or publicly blast him.

I guess people are tagging her because she's cool with him
Screenshot-20190611-131104-Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
I went on a handful of dates with him...nothing crazy fancy. He kept telling me how good of a cook he was and how he cooks the best breakfast. I slept over his house but didn’t sleep with him or go down or anything. He was so mad he refused to cook breakfast. :lachen: That was the last time we hung out.

Is he still single?

Hateful ugly looking jack horse. Misogynistic turd.

“Of course, the other reason I don’t like to take a woman out to eat on a first date is the same reason a lot of men have a problem with it. What has any woman done to deserve to eat on my dime? As I just said, going out to eat with a woman is something like sex, and if we’re not going to have sex on the first date, we’re damn sure not going out to eat on the first date.”

I feel like for a while, I subscribed to this idea that I was actually being like, doing a noble thing. Like that I liked black women was somehow progressive….I grew out of that. And that’s when I, once I let that go, that’s when I started becoming more open to dating anybody....I used to feel like very much that they were a gateway, or they strengthened my identity.

Despicable man:nono:

Last edited:
How does this even work though? Does he let you know the deal before you get there?, or tell you as you peruse the menu:rofl: Not asking you @Crackers Phinn - just general question out to the universe:rofl:

He probably orders for the both of you, maybe getting your preferences then he doesn't have to worry about you looking at the rest of the menu and wanting something else.

Or he tries to sell it....as a soup date "experience." Hey....I love soups or this particular soup and I want you to try it. Let's meet up and have soup together. He tries to turn it into an experience somehow. Many women, given what we read around here, would just be down with that if sold as a thing vs "I'm trying to watch my money, so stick to appetizers."

Yep. And the bare minimum dusties are the most entitled. The moment you put that fork in your mouth sex better be on the table. Let them tell it, if not for them, you would have been scavenging the streets for your next meal.

Its not even worth it to go on minus well dates anymore ...aka going to dinner with dudes you weren’t crazy about or attracted to just to get out of the house for a good convo and “practice”. Once upon a time ago it was recommended we do that just so we don’t get rusty once we get asked out by a guy we really are interested in ...but now? Naw. Go out with your home girls or just stay in the house with some wine.
This needs to be repeated..

^^^ yes! And women are purchasing meals and more, along with giving sex...getting little to nothing in terms of investment from the man
Somebody posted an IG video a couple of yrs ago of a dude with dreads letting women have it about this very topic.

ETA - I had to go find it :look: nsfw language

Last edited:
How has it got to the point where men think they deserve sex because they bought a woman a meal? o_O

It’s passed that. Men think they deserve sex bc they sent you a “good morning beautiful” text and gave a promise to either cook you dinner or take you out for coffee. Women are partly to blame for accepting the bare minimum from these kangs.

Back to the OP, for example, why’d this woman let an underemployed, homeless man move in with her after six months? Bc he had a college degree??? We need to do better.

“What has any woman done to deserve to eat on my dime? As I just said, going out to eat with a woman is something like sex, and if we’re not going to have sex on the first date, we’re damn sure not going out to eat on the first date.”

o_O

And of course there are plenty of women in the comments LOLing and encouraging this BS.
I really can’t take “pick-mes”...

Because women have been having sex with them with and without the purchase of a meal.

^^^ yes! And women are purchasing meals and more, along with giving sex...getting little to nothing in terms of investment from the man
Somebody posted an IG video a couple of yrs ago of a dude with dreads letting women have it about this very topic.

With 4 kids by 8 different women and no job.

And doesn’t even wash his legs.

It’s passed that. Men think they deserve sex bc they sent you a “good morning beautiful” text and gave a promise to either cook you dinner or take you out for coffee. Women are partly to blame for accepting the bare minimum from these kangs.

Back to the OP, for example, why’d this woman let an underemployed, homeless man move in with her after six months? Bc he had a college degree??? We need to do better.

Thanks for the replies, ladies.
This is too much... I need to lie down.

Agreed!! Back in the day if a guy couldn’t pay for dinner at a real restaurant, there was no second date. If he couldn’t break you off some money occasionally for nails and hair, he wasn’t considered boyfriend material. Nowadays, college educated women talking about they’re okay with going Dutch on first dates and they’re okay with dating openly bisexual men. Wth.

Back