Two White Washed People Dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ i don't think OP is getting the side eye b/c of interracial dating or even that she likes a guy who will probably not be interested in her. She self describes herself as an oreo and whitewashed seemingly unaware of the pejorative connotation. The dating stuff, at least IMO, is the least of any issues in the OP.

Exactly, she is "seemingly unaware of the pejorative connotation", in your words. So telling her something she didn't ask for; telling her about the issues she didn't know she had is what's scared her out of this thread.

I only come here sporadically now, so I don't know what a "troll post" is, but I don't think she meant harm
posting the question.

Two questions: What exactly is a troll? What exactly is an oreo? I thought a troll was someone who came in and caused trouble but from what people are saying in this post it's someone who comes in with something fake.
A troll is someone who comes in, often with something fake, looking to cause trouble.

I learned that from seeing the word used in context a number of times, not because someone told me so. You know, a skill we learn in Grade 2 Language class?

haha, this thread is entertaining. i know i've posted a couple times about being dissed by brothas and sistas for growing up in white neighborhoods, and getting clowned on for having crushes on white boys cuz that's mostly what i saw. it's an issue you have to resolve yourself personally. it's too bad that a 38 year old (if she is 38) is still dealing with this. either way, in this situation, race isn't even a factor. buddy didn't seem to show any interest in her from her own story, so like another poster stated, she should keep it movin.

:yep:

There's SOOOO much going on in the OP. It's just one of the many things to ponder while reading it. Negative connotations, IR dating, Self-Hate, #hesjustnothatintoyou, "he likes white women, I know he won't like me!", biracial butterfly, my friends say I act white, I don't date black men...

A conglomerate of "Chile SITCHOAZZ down somewhere."

I always freed trolls...But when I do, I feed the ones who fit the most issues they can into one post.

Indeed. If only she'd managed to work in a weave-check and a problematic Asian beauty supply owner...

You could start a regimen similar to what Faye Resnick used. Slowly bleach your skin and gradually lighten your hair and voila, soon you'll be white and then he will like you!

This thread makes me want to go out and buy some oreos. Doublestuffed. Maybe even those vanilla ones.

Ummmmmm.....I'm sorry, but "white-washed"??? As in....walls? :confused: :confused:

No offense OP, but most people I know don't refer to ourselves as "cookies" or walls. :ohwell:

Girl scout cookies??? Yuuuummmmm... I'm all the way in South Africa... when I left people at my job had the cookie sheets out... damn Damn DAMN! :lmao:

thanks y'all just reminded me i got a oatmeal raisin cookie sitting on my coffee table.

*snacks while watching to state of the union*

sorry I will die over dbl stuffed oreos and/or fresh out the oven Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chunk Cookies!!!

I've been sitting on a recipe I want to try out. White chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies. I think I'll try it out this weekend.

I make an garbage cookie.

Well it is Oatmeal dark chocolate chip coconut pistacio almond cookie. Kids called it garbage as a joke cause it looked like I dumped some of everything in it

I was ignoring this one til the cookie talk. White chocolate cranberry oatmeal does sounds pretty good. Do let me know how they turn out... :lol:

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I've been sitting on a recipe I want to try out. White chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies. I think I'll try it out this weekend.

Wow. I tried some white chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips at a bakery and they were :lick: Too bad they only make them for the Christmas Holiday season.

All this cookie talk, now I'm craving Samosas! I have got to find a Girl Scout this year...

Is it girl scout season now?

thanks for the reminder, ladies
i just bought some gs cookies from a cute little girl who came around a couple of weeks ago. i have to remember to set her money aside

aargh! can't remember what i bought. i think one had chocolate and the other was shortbread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back