To All Caruso Users

Isis

My Caruso roller system stopped working on the 12th month--steam just stopped coming out. I called Sally's where I bought it and they gave me the toll-free number for Caruso Customer Service, which is 800-487-8769.

Since I couldn't find my receipt, they had me read a number from the bottom of the unit which lets them know if it's still under warranty. It was and after mailing in my old unit (I called to make sure they received it), they now have a brand new one in the mail for me. :yay: I just wanted to share in case anyone else's unit breaks down.

I bought one recently but haven't used it yet because I've not relaxed. Can't wait to try mine. Thanks for the tip. I'll try to remember to empty the water!;)

MsDee4 said:
Darn! :mad: Wish i woulda known this before I went and bought another one a few months ago!
Well, if anything happens during your warranty period (I think it's a year) you know you can get a free one. :)

me and caruso are getting along just fine lately...but just in case he decideds to act up, your info is handy info to have. thanks for sharing.;)

I have been using the Caruso system on and off since I was 16. I'm 31 now and I've had several I kid you not over these pays 15 years because they do eventually "die".

Serenity_Peace said:
I bought one recently but haven't used it yet because I've not relaxed. Can't wait to try mine. Thanks for the tip. I'll try to remember to empty the water!;)
Naturals can use the Caruso too! There used to be specific instructions for natural AA hair in the pamphlet (it isn't there now). I have that pamphlet somewhere and when I find it, I'll post it.:)

LadyEsquire said:
me and caruso are getting along just fine lately...but just in case he decideds to act up, your info is handy info to have. thanks for sharing.;)
You're very welcome! :)

PrettyBrownEyes - They do die don't they. I've had three (this new one will make four) over the past 10 years. That's not too bad though. The first one (kind of big with the salt) lasted the longest. BTW, do you still have the instructions pamphlet that came with one of the older models? It would be great to post the instructions for natural AA hair here. I didn't throw mine away but I haven't seen it in a long time.

Hey Isis,

I remember when you had to add salt to them too. No, I don't have any instruction manuals anymore. My favorite model was a blue one that was really compact, they never came out with one like that anymore just the red ones I guess. I really do like the system though and its great for days I just want to bump the ends or curl my bangs some.

PrettyBrownEyes said:
Hey Isis,

I remember when you had to add salt to them too. No, I don't have any instruction manuals anymore. My favorite model was a blue one that was really compact, they never came out with one like that anymore just the red ones I guess. I really do like the system though and its great for days I just want to bump the ends or curl my bangs some.
It's okay about the manuals, I'll find it eventually. I just want naturals to have those instructions.

I like the system too. It's also great for traveling. I had to use mine once in an airport restroom and 5 minutes later my ends were bumped nicely. I kind of miss the model that also became a steam facial system.

Mine broke down too... but I bought mine about 2 years ago :( I don't think I am under the warranty... might just buy another one :(

anky said:
Mine broke down too... but I bought mine about 2 years ago :( I don't think I am under the warranty... might just buy another one :(
Maybe you can call to make sure. They keep coming out with different models.

I remember when caruso first came out when i was in high school and the day it died was on my GRADUATION! Two years of rocking curls (like MJB on the "real love" days) were gone! I would add a little salt and have curls that lasted forever! I bought a sucky Remmington steam curler but it was trash.

Years later, I find a dusty box and my BSS. IT WAS A CARUSO!!!!! I was soooo happy! We are coming to the two year mark. Getting kinda scared. Ask my BSS store to order some more in case it breaks! But now they are making such a come back I no longer worry.

Does anyone add anything to the water? I add Infusium. Surge once or twice. Figure it might help. :ohwell:

sareca said:
No way!

Up until a few weeks ago I had Caruso graveyard under my sink. :ohwell:

me too!

THanks Isis! I still have one that stopped working and I just bought another one. I will have to call them.

How did they know yours was under warranty? Did you register it with them?

HoneyDew said:
me too!

THanks Isis! I still have one that stopped working and I just bought another one. I will have to call them.

How did they know yours was under warranty? Did you register it with them?
You're welcome HoneyDew! There's a number either on the bottom or on the back of the unit and they asked me to read it off to them on the phone. They can tell whether it's under warranty by that number or code. I did not register it with anyone. I was pretty happy because I couldn't find my receipt anywhere! :)

neenee280 said:
I remember when caruso first came out when i was in high school and the day it died was on my GRADUATION! Two years of rocking curls (like MJB on the "real love" days) were gone! I would add a little salt and have curls that lasted forever! I bought a sucky Remmington steam curler but it was trash.

Years later, I find a dusty box and my BSS. IT WAS A CARUSO!!!!! I was soooo happy! We are coming to the two year mark. Getting kinda scared. Ask my BSS store to order some more in case it breaks! But now they are making such a come back I no longer worry.

Does anyone add anything to the water? I add Infusium. Surge once or twice. Figure it might help. :ohwell:
That's great your Caruso is lasting. I thought about adding something to my water but decided not to. I didn't want to clog it up or anything.

I have wanted to use the Caruso rollers for quite a long time. I am going to ask a stupid question but here it is: Do you steam one roller at a time and then put it in your head? They are on sale on drugstore.com and I am little confused about which one I should get (professional molecular, travel, salonpro) any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all. :confused:

csmoot said:
I have wanted to use the Caruso rollers for quite a long time. I am going to ask a stupid question but here it is: Do you steam one roller at a time and then put it in your head? They are on sale on drugstore.com and I am little confused about which one I should get (professional molecular, travel, salonpro) any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all. :confused:
It's not a stupid question at all. Yes, you steam one roller at a time but it's quick, like a few seconds, roll up the hair section while another is on the steam vent, etc. I have the professional molecular steam system. :)

Yay! :yay: My steamer replacement arrived today and it's all brand new in the box!! So I received all new rollers too!:yay:

Thanks for the info! I love my Caruso rollerset. Someone always make positive remarks on my hair after I use these.

Back