Tips for online dating

Sasha299

Any instructions for online dating? I am helping a friend out who is interested in testing the waters. She needs some tips on doing it.
We thought we would just go set up a profile for her and that would be it but apparently that's not it.
Any tips for her would be appreciated.

Being goodlooking and/or photogenic to the group you're trying to attract will be very helpful in getting views and messages. If that isn't her strong point, maybe she should focus on real life.

try to facebook their email address or name.
google their email or the 1st part of their email
ask to see ID when you meet in person (have met someone who lied about their name and marriage status)
NEVER let them come to your home.
Meet ALWAYS in public places the 1st few dates.
Get more than one pic
Don't take it so seriously...a lot of fakes out here

A profile should be about you and a little about what you're looking for in a potential match. Negativity is a mood killer and proclaiming to be drama-free usually has the effect of making a person seem drama-filled. Post at least 2-3 pictures (one smiling shot of your head and shoulders, one full body image, and one active photo that shows off one of your interests).
Take a look at other women's profiles on the sites in order to check out your competition. Take notes on what draws you to a profile and think of ways to stand out from the crowd (i.e. every girl is just as comfortable in an evening gown as she is in jeans and a t-shirt, find a new way to describe this trite line). Browse profiles and have fun!

• Be super confident in your profile.
  • Remember, you're allowed to be picky. Don't feel obligated to respond to every message you receive
  • Don't be afraid to contact the other person first. They might think you wouldn't be interested in them.
  • Don't put all your eggs in one basket
  • Spell check your profile.
  • Become skeptical of men who message you with one or two words.
  • To avoid disappointment, if the guy's physical appearance looks like a 9.5. Expect him to actually be 8. (from experience)

I'd have to say, do a good amount of communication on the site itself before offering up your direct contact information such as personal numbers and email. I met el pollo loco who thought it was a good idea to call me 15x within a 1hr period when my battery died. <---- thats crazy right there, imagine what he would have done if we were disputing...

Back