***Online Dating Support Thread***

OK, I jumped back on....got contacted by 2 great men. One lives in far away. One is so close i could touch him. The problem is ..he is a single father. I think...we need clarity. He is from my home state..I really like him...but I think that is just me ...after years of celibacy...I get excited easy..LOL. I am trying to break my celibacy...but I am now insecure with my body...just joined a gym by the way...The man I like is fine!! I mean fine....I am concerned I wont be good enough....self esteem issues right now....Need advice

Question about the app coffee meets bagel: I assumed that if a guy expressed interest in you and you liked him back then he would send the first text, right? Why are these men so dang passive? And why can't they carry a conversation? Help me understand...

I think getting a message depends on if they were really into you to begin with. Some guys like a ton of profiles even if they weren't interested enough to start a conversation.

It ends up being a really small number of people I actually talk to. The guys who start a conversation is probably less than 50% of the people i actually connect with.

I think getting a message depends on if they were really into you to begin with. Some guys like a ton of profiles even if they weren't interested enough to start a conversation.

It ends up being a really small number of people I actually talk to. The guys who start a conversation is probably less than 50% of the people i actually connect with.

So you send starter texts sometimes? I feel like the men are just hanging back waiting for the woman to do all the work :nono:

So you send starter texts sometimes? I feel like the men are just hanging back waiting for the woman to do all the work :nono:
This is the reason why I stopped with that app 2 months ago. I didn't see any point in this and I certainly was not gonna go out of my way all the time to start a convo with men who liked me first. I think i had 1 man start a convo with me and waited until the last minute of the last day to do it. I didn't entertain him at all

So far I'm talking to 3 guys in there...two of the three started the text convo. I started one because I didn't know any better lol. We'll see what happens. I still like this compared to traditional online dating because it does force action somewhat (given the time limits) but we'll see if it leads to an actual real life phone conversation or date.

I joined Tinder this morning and it's actually not as bad as I thought. I swiped right on about 9 guys (6 were black, 1 biracial, and 2 non-black) and it was nice to see they all had swiped right on me...especially being I live in Cali, you assume black guys don't date black girls much out here.

But then again this is Tinder and it is only day one, so we shall see. I am a major skeptic, but I am not so bothered by it all ('all' being that Tinder is a hook up app and not a true dating app) because I plan to just have fun and go on some dates, finally.

Back