***Online Dating Support Thread***

I've been on OKcupid for over a month now and I finally answered a message for the first time. I would say over 90% of the guys who message me I am not interested it, but I need to go on dates for the experience. So I am forcing myself to respond to the 'sort of' okay guys with a high match %.

Hope this works out ok.

It would be so much easier to just meet guys irl/in person.

Last edited:
I've been on OKcupid for over a month now and I finally answered a message for the first time. I would say over 90% of the guys who message me I am not interested it, but I need to go on dates for the experience. So I am forcing myself to respond to the 'sort of' okay guys with a high match %.

Hope this works out ok.

It would be so much easier to just meet guys girl/in person.

For me, it's almost the exact same ratio in person as it is online. I meet guys in person. We may go out a few times, but 90% of the time I'm not interested in what they have to offer. And yea, I've been on okcupid for about 2 months now, have responded to probably 10% of the messages I get and have given my number to and gone out with only 1 person. After 2 months lol.

So i guess I'd say it is 'easier' for me to meet guys in person, cuz my filter isn't as stringent as it is when I'm dealing with men online. I give my number out to 99% (read:100% lmao) of guys who ask IRL :lol: If you seem friendly and are asking me for my number, I'll give it to you lol. But still, most of this is trash. Just like online.

for me, both approaches (in person and online) come with low reward. So, i might as well try the method that involves low risk (online- don't have to go out and look nice and be social to meet guys lol). That's how I look at it.

So.... does a picture like the one below indicate that the man is a "Provider"? (warning UGLY picture below)
He winked at me; has 10+ pictures of which 75% are grainy and this is one of the clearer ones.
\
To me it's indicative of the fact that he's both unfortunately brained and looking; I confirmed the latter; and did not bother to read the profile. OR is it a threat? LOL J/K
What say you?

7b1380f6-b935-e611-940d-a0d3c1f8852b.jpeg

For me, it's almost the exact same ratio in person as it is online. I meet guys in person. We may go out a few times, but 90% of the time I'm not interested in what they have to offer. And yea, I've been on okcupid for about 2 months now, have responded to probably 10% of the messages I get and have given my number to and gone out with only 1 person. After 2 months lol.

So i guess I'd say it is 'easier' for me to meet guys in person, cuz my filter isn't as stringent as it is when I'm dealing with men online. I give my number out to 99% (read:100% lmao) of guys who ask IRL :lol: If you seem friendly and are asking me for my number, I'll give it to you lol. But still, most of this is trash. Just like online.

for me, both approaches (in person and online) come with low reward. So, i might as well try the method that involves low risk (online- don't have to go out and look nice and be social to meet guys lol). That's how I look at it.

I thought you were having quite a bit of luck (I lurk the single ladies thread). I don't even get approached irl anymore (once in the last several several months), if I did I would probably stop dealing with online dating.

But I agree, online dating is easier and has less risks, but I just wish the options were better. I am sure things will get better once I get my first online dating date out of the way.

So.... does a picture like the one below indicate that the man is a "Provider"? (warning UGLY picture below)
He winked at me; has 10+ pictures of which 75% are grainy and this is one of the clearer ones.
\
To me it's indicative of the fact that he's both unfortunately brained and looking; I confirmed the latter; and did not bother to read the profile. OR is it a threat? LOL J/K
What say you?

7b1380f6-b935-e611-940d-a0d3c1f8852b.jpeg

Oh gawd. I hate profiles like this.

Yes, he's probably ugly. Between using pics where he's not in them, and grainy photos I bet he knows this.

Hol' up. Why did y'all not tell me about the ****ery that is Tinder? :rofl:

I've only been on here less than 24hrs and it's crazy. These people are crazy. I'm going to delete my profile tonight.

Hol' up. Why did y'all not tell me about the ****ery that is Tinder? :rofl:

I've only been on here less than 24hrs and it's crazy. These people are crazy. I'm going to delete my profile tonight.
I only did tinder for about two weeks a few months ago. I liked it, but it was overwhelming. I like the fact that they can't communicate with me unless I like them. How are you getting crazies? The profiles you see, or the people you are communicating with?

I hear Bumble is good. Never tried it

I only did tinder for about two weeks a few months ago. I liked it, but it was overwhelming. I like the fact that they can't communicate with me unless I like them. How are you getting crazies? The profiles you see, or the people you are communicating with?

I hear Bumble is good. Never tried it

It's the profiles I'm seeing.

One guy was dressed as a woman, modeling his legs and feet. I am absolutely tickled by the freaks on here. (No offense to freaks :look:)

Haven't been on OKCupid in a while and logged on and this was waiting for me in my inbox... Am I wrong to think that's super creepy?:look:

• "Good afternoon, this app states you're online. Are you really online? Been a little while since we messaged."

I see no one hasn't posted in a few months. Is anyone still online dating? Pof and okcupid were the ones I used before. Blackpeoplemeet is one site I want to start maybe in January. Anyone had any luck with it?

Ladies how many pictures do you have on your profile and what types of pictures/poses do you use?
I think I have 4 or 5. From the shoulders up and 2 full body pics. I don't look good straight up so the shoulders up are from a slight angle. The full body ones are straight on though. And I went OVER my body type on my profile, so they can't say I deceived them lol.

I'm semi-new to online dating... I use a few different services.

I'm currently on Tinder (I let folks know I'm not there to JUST hook up), OKCUPID, Coffee Meets Bagel, and Bumble.

Bumble I don't really like. CMB and OKCUPID I've been fairly successful with Tinder is okay for getting some dates.

I have all the photos you can, all are recent (within the last 3 months) and I have 1 full body shot (a jump shot on the beach).

A lot of guys lose my attention though because they're not really great conversationalists... If I have to carry a conversation on our first date, this isn't going to work. but a few have my eye. especially since talking to people after the election lol. that's a quick way to weed folks out .

There was a guy I exchanged a few messages with a few months ago that kind of disappeared. He sends a message a few days ago like "I think we spoke before. Are you still single?" :rolleyes: I'm like "yes?"

He goes "why are you still single? We've got to get together sometime."

Sir. You haven't even said or done anything online to pique my interest, let alone make me wanna meet you in person.

I'm sorry, I really think online dating sucks. I need to put more effort to meeting people IRL and not waste my time with this.

There was a guy I exchanged a few messages with a few months ago that kind of disappeared. He sends a message a few days ago like "I think we spoke before. Are you still single?" :rolleyes: I'm like "yes?"

He goes "why are you still single? We've got to get together sometime."

Sir. You haven't even said or done anything online to pique my interest, let alone make me wanna meet you in person.

I'm sorry, I really think online dating sucks. I need to put more effort to meeting people IRL and not waste my time with this.
I agree with you. Unfortunately, I don't get approached in public at all.

It's horrible! Gold teeth, sagging throwing up gang signs. Or posing with stacks. Just straight up every stereotype. I deleted about 2 weeks ago but others may have better luck. It might just be the men in my area.

I just got a message from a dude who has a pic of a bunch of hundreds with the caption "hardworking brotha". He was 40 something years old, entirely too old for that tired nonsense.

How did both dates go?

They went excellent! The first one was a lunch date. Guy was really sweet and we talked for a while but he had to go. He asked what I was doing later but I had plans for the entire weekend. I texted him that I got home safely but havent heard from him since lol. I realized from dating that guys purposely do this as not to seem too eager.

Negative: slightly shorter than me

The second date was awesome as well. We went out eating as well. He was respectful and sweet, I could tell he wass shy initially but warmed up. He has not stopped texting me since our date lol

Negative: muuch younger than me

I also had a date today but the guy hasnt followed through. Oh well

So until someone steps up, put on their big boy panties and claims me, My dating rotation continues

Back