The EX is PREGNANT!

The first three months with a new man should be blissful, positive and sweep you off your feet. There shouldn't be this type of drama, it doesn't bode well for the future.

I think you deserve a much better man, someone you can introduce perhaps after a year or so of dating (that's what my friend did and it worked out fine).

So after only three months of dating you all think OP should get all the facts before making a decision? Even if the girl is not pregnant, him having a crazy intruding ex-girlfriend isn't enough of a sign to roll out?

This was my next post.

Even if she is bs'ing, who wants to deal with dude coming with all that drama? AND she also said he has drama with the woman he already has a child with.

This is a disaster waiting to happen. And with a small child of her own, I'm sure OP's time could be spent on more important things than trying to figure out dude's messy situation.

So OP...when you were a little girl playing with your naked Barbies in the tub, did you envision yourself getting married to a man with 2 kids by 2 different women?

Didn't think so...

True...But she also likely didn't envision herself divorced. Not saying the situation is OK, but she may have a higher tolerance/understanding for family issues that most of us would quickly label "baggage".

^^Maybe. But judging from the way she expressed herself in the OP and the sheer fact that this was something she needed to share, I don't think so. I call it baggage. She may call it something else but fact is, she's clearly troubled by the situation.

Last edited:
True...But she also likely didn't envision herself divorced. Not saying the situation is OK, but she may have a higher tolerance/understanding for family issues that most of us would quickly label "baggage".

That's not the point. The point is that she stated she's kissed a lot of frogs in the past as if the man she is currently with now is a catch. Hell she's STILL kissing, and trying to make a life with yet another frog is what I'm getting at.

That's not the point. The point is that she stated she's kissed a lot of frogs in the past as if the man she is currently with now is a catch. Hell she's STILL kissing, and trying to make a life with yet another frog is what I'm getting at.

I agree. If he is a Prince, I can only wonder how her previous frogs were...

Anyway, OP, my suggestion is to raise your personal standards.

Everything about this "Prince" screams drama. If you love drama, stick around. If you don't, you know what to do.

Ok lets see, by frogs I mean I have dated guys (not many) that it didn't work out with, as I am sure we all have. I did not state that he was my Prince I did however state that dealing with BS in the past with other men (frogs) I was hoping this situation would have a better outcome. I don't believe anyone goes into a relationship expecting drama and sometimes it takes some time to reveal who the individual really is and that is what happened here. I do have personal standards, however, everything is not always on the surface can I get a break geez :ohwell:

I agree. If he is a Prince, I can only wonder how her previous frogs were...

Anyway, OP, my suggestion is to raise your personal standards.

Everything about this "Prince" screams drama. If you love drama, stick around. If you don't, you know what to do.

Ok lets see, by frogs I mean I have dated guys (not many) that it didn't work out with, as I am sure we all have. I did not state that he was my Prince I did however state that dealing with BS in the past with other men (frogs) I was hoping this situation would have a better outcome. I don't believe anyone goes into a relationship expecting drama and sometimes it takes some time to reveal who the individual really is and that is what happened here. I do have personal standards, however, everything is not always on the surface can I get a break geez :ohwell:

Sorry if I came out sounding rash. I too have kissed a few frogs...

I want you to think about the following. This man knows his ex is crazy, yet he gave her YOUR number so she could call you and verify something. Does that sound like this man has the maturity necessary to maintain a long and happy relationship? Think long and hard on this one.

We had a big fallout about him giving her my number because I too did not agree. His rationale was that he was trying to be open and honest showing he had nothing to hide. I thought it was stupid, he apologized for that and we moved on but I agree it was not a smart decision on his part.

Sorry if I came out sounding rash. I too have kissed a few frogs...

I want you to think about the following. This man knows his ex is crazy, yet he gave her YOUR number so she could call you and verify something. Does that sound like this man has the maturity necessary to maintain a long and happy relationship? Think long and hard on this one.

...and the future you said "Thank You!" You did the right thing.

Now, don't mistake the quiet you now have for loneliness. It's peace! You'll be fine. :yep:

...and the future you said "Thank You!" You did the right thing.

Now, don't mistake the quiet you now have for loneliness. It's peace! You'll be fine. :yep:

I love this 2nd paragraph. :yep:

Good for you, OP. I promise you, you did the right thing.

I...LET...HIM...GO!

Then I exhaled!

:bighug:
OP, I know it took a lot of courage and a leap of faith that life has better to offer you. Nobody wants to be alone. You will not be alone forever. Take care of yourself, emotionally, and physically. There are plenty of other fish in the sea and you will find the right fish for you that doesn't come with so many drama.

A strange man has to give his lady friend's number to an ex. You are none of the ex's business. And if the ex is an ex, the man should not be talking to her either. What a guy.......

This right here is why I am a strict adherent to 90 days AKA 3 months---he wouldn't have met my child yet and as SOON as the ex chic or a next chick starting calling, emailing, texting, etc---DEUCES.

Back