The BUY NOTHING for June 2008 Challenge

Okay Passion it's like this...i haven't bought anything...yet. I personally don't want anything or don't need anything but I was wondering does shopping for someone else count? I have to buy my granny something she needs...it doesn't pertain to hair, so does this count?

No silly! This challenge only extends to hair stuff for YOU. :grin:

Though now that I think about it I think I really need to put myself on a buy nothing at all challenge. :ohwell:

i been good so far which is good for me because i normally go to the bss everyday no lie. so i really dont need anything and havent had the urge to buy anything but im thinking of bunning for the next month and i need my shea butter mix. so yeah im gonna do that 2morrow and thats it. i'll even add an extra day for not being prepared.

I'm feeling weak. I NEED the CON Conditioner. :wallbash:

Do we get a pass? :look:

Yea we should get passes!!!! I actually bought a 32oz CON green shampoo and 2 16oz proclaim conditioners because i needed them. We should get at least one pass for stuff we absolutely need..
I can't believe CON is getting discontinued too :sad:

:look: The pass is the 'gap' at the start of the month, or at least that was my understanding. Most of us PJ's might run out of our favorite stuff if we don't prepare at the start of the month, but we usually have other stuff in the back of the cabinet that can serve us just as well, ya know?

:look: The pass is the 'gap' at the start of the month, or at least that was my understanding. Most of us PJ's might run out of our favorite stuff if we don't prepare at the start of the month, but we usually have other stuff in the back of the cabinet that can serve us just as well, ya know?

so i take it, that's a no. :ohwell: i guess i'll live...:look:

EXACTLY!!!!

and the following bears repeating as well

if you were like MOST PJs, you'd have a lot more than a month''s supply on hand at any time

one of the ideas is to BUY NOTHING... and to get rid of your product graveyard.. and to curb spending.. and to not waste anything....

so if ya run out of a staple or favorite product, you likely have something else in your closet that ya should use up ( hopefully vowing to never buy it again) to get ya thru til the end of the month when you are allowed to buy your staple/favorite again

Yep the gap at the beginning of the month and at the end of the month was the pass. There was also a suggestion made early on that if there was one thing that you knew you needed but couldn't get during the free period you could set aside money in an envelope for that specific item to purchase later but you could only buy that thing.

Real PJs have more than enough stuff to tide them over 24.5 consecutive days. :nono:

Oh lordy, I was this close to falling off the wagon today. I'm thinking "Dayum E, it's only the 4th! How are you going to make it til the end of the month?" I was in Big Lots (that's like an alcoholic going to a bar, I know) and had some stuff in my hands like it'll only be $6, no biggie. Then a lil voice was like :fairy2:"Now you know you're on that challenge and don't NEED anything! Use what you already have." Then another voice was like :Devil: "B*#@! go on and get it, what's 6 dayum dollas?" After much inner turmoil, I put the products down and walked out of the store. It hurt, but I felt good later. t-w-e-n-t-y-s-i-x-m-o-r-e-d-a-y-s...I'm just saying.

Oh lordy, I was this close to falling off the wagon today. I'm thinking "Dayum E, it's only the 4th! How are you going to make it til the end of the month?" I was in Big Lots (that's like an alcoholic going to a bar, I know) and had some stuff in my hands like it'll only be $6, no biggie. Then a lil voice was like :fairy2:"Now you know you're on that challenge and don't NEED anything! Use what you already have." Then another voice was like :Devil: "B*#@! go on and get it, what's 6 dayum dollas?" After much inner turmoil, I put the products down and walked out of the store. It hurt, but I felt good later. t-w-e-n-t-y-s-i-x-m-o-r-e-d-a-y-s...I'm just saying.

Twenty two and a half :grin:

mannnn i did my mom's hair last night in perm rods and we ran out :lachen:

so tonight i am supposed to be redoing it and she wanted to stop by sally's and DRAGGED ME ALONG...i was shaking so bad, and even AFTER she got three more packs she needed $12 worth of stuff so she could use her 15% coupon. you know she had the NERVE to ask me if i wanted anything?! even after i told her i was on this challenge?! how rude!

the good news is i honestly couldn't think of anything i wanted other than that mane clip and a phony pony but its not that serious so i held out. i am so proud of myself. :pats self on back: she bought 9 more packs of perm rods in a different size btw. but that's not ME spending anything, and they are not for me! i didn't cheat! yayyyyy

so tonight i am supposed to be redoing it and she wanted to stop by sally's and DRAGGED ME ALONG...i was shaking so bad, and even AFTER she got three more packs she needed $12 worth of stuff so she could use her 15% coupon. you know she had the NERVE to ask me if i wanted anything?! even after i told her i was on this challenge?! how rude!

the good news is i honestly couldn't think of anything i wanted other than that mane clip and a phony pony but its not that serious so i held out. i am so proud of myself. :pats self on back: she bought 9 more packs of perm rods in a different size btw. but that's not ME spending anything, and they are not for me! i didn't cheat! yayyyyy

CONGRATS!!!!! thats willpower!!

How funny!!!

Oh man this is hard. I already see a couple of things I want to get...hurry June and end so I can buy my stuff already!

Okay I'm joining this challenge today 6/5/2008 - I am going to extend my General no purchase (excuding clothing) through July 18th 2008 - I have a trip to LA planned so I will suspend only for items needed for that trip...which WILL NOT include hair care or nail products, that shoping band will remain in effect.

I have to go on a use it up move now because I have everything I need no matter what pops up on this board or in my head as a "hafta have" item

I need ya'll to stay on me regarding this goal.
This applies for hair products and nail care products through July 18th (is my birthday is July 20th)

See now that's a great idea, share stuff that you don't need anymore with another challenge member who is "in need" of an item. That's a great idea!

That is an excellent idea. I have so much stuff here that I could get rid of that way. I just need boxes. Hmm...

thanks pf and bellema...i'm so glad i have been a good little girl so far. last month i bought 8 bottles of co so i don't need anything, i can cow my little heart out everyday for this month and then if i do run out i have cmp, spp, to back me up, not to mention my carmel in the freezer. :lick:

OMG... I just realized that in a technical way, I failed the challenge....

One my NEEDs list was satin pillowcase ( cuz I really neglect to tie my hair up at night when I get in my moods) ... but I never got to go shopping last weekend during the free period....

today I was in Target and they had sheets on sale and in the corner of my eye I spotted satin sheets and grabbed 2

so though I didnt buy any haircare products, I bought something for my hair

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

One my NEEDs list was satin pillowcase ( cuz I really neglect to tie my hair up at night when I get in my moods) ... but I never got to go shopping last weekend during the free period....

today I was in Target and they had sheets on sale and in the corner of my eye I spotted satin sheets and grabbed 2

ladies saddle up the horses :cowgirl:it's time to give out OP a :buttkick:

:scratchch You get a point for realizing that you rationalized that purchase. You could tie your head up at night as a part of this challenge which will prove to you that you can save money and control your impluses to buy if you give it some thought. (Now you get to say this to me when I have a moment like this because this is totally ME!!! :laugh:)

Last edited:
ladies saddle up the horses :cowgirl:it's time to give out OP a :buttkick:

:scratchch You get a point for realizing that you rationalized that purchase. You could tie your head up at night as a part of this challenge which will prove to you that you can save money and control your impluses to buy if you give it some though. (Now you get to say this to me when I have a moment like this because this is totally ME!!! :laugh:)

I need to take em back.. not like its the end of the month... I need to be more diligent with tying up my hair...

but i didnt even THINK about it as a hair purchase til I got home... but it certainly was an impulse buy....

FWIW, I was really shopping for the sheets that were on sale....the pillowacases go back when I take my raincheck for more sheets in

I need to take em back.. not like its the end of the month... I need to be more diligent with tying up my hair...

but i didnt even THINK about it as a hair purchase til I got home... but it certainly was an impulse buy....

FWIW, I was really shopping for the sheets that were on sale....the pillowacases go back when I take my raincheck for more sheets in
You did good actually! I'm proud of you for taking them back, now that takes strength...I'd be like :rolleyes: they in the houze so they's mines !! LOL

Now you make sure to stick it to me when I get weak! :yep:

:clap: Good for you for taking them back! And start tying up your hair! Should be something you do automatically before you go to bed, like brushing your teeth :yep:

okay...:cowgirl:whoa therr horsey we can ease up therr now! as long as u take 'em back w/in the next 48hrs...i would say 24 but this is ur post...:grin: otherwise beware of :whip: Captain Whip!

Okay, well Passionfruit didn't fail BUT I DID! :ohwell: I knew I would. I can say that I bought things that I needed ( and for honesty's sake, a few I probably didn't NEED) and I won't make anymore purchases this month. I joined on May 30th but didn't prepare by shopping before the 2nd.

Last edited:
Back