The BUY NOTHING for June 2008 Challenge

i already said i was in but i have to find some keracare leave in conditioner and see what dominican products cvs has:grin:

I talked all that psychological smack earlier today and went right to Sally after work and got more of the 2/$10 CON :lachen:My rationalization? The sale ends tomorrow anyway, so what hurt could it possibly do to buy a discontinued product that you've used since childhood and will probably never see again once it's gone? I bought 6 more bottles :perplexed.

I didnt get ANY of my needs this weekend... I had a family situation to deal with...

I needed some magnetic rollers...basically I wanted a bigger size... and some ouchless bands... I will run out in the morning for that

all of my other needs arent that crucial and my wants will have to wait til next month

i am so in! i'm so glad this thread popped up 2day cuz i NEED IT like a fiend needs crack, i was like there must not going to be a buy nothing in june so i was online....window shopping on the verge of spending my last! thank God i got my maxiglide b4 this showed up.:grin:

this weekend i bought:
aved brilliant conditioner
keracare leave in
bumble and bumble alojoba conditioner
garnier fructis 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner
and garnier fructis moisture works conditioner

so im all ready to go. i think im good:grin:

I know that this is only te 2nd day of June, but I am already working on my list for July. But I have also put my self on a $50.00 monthly hair budget. I have to calm down. It's not bandwagon jumping that is my problem its that there are so many wonderful products that I just want to try, compare an contrast. But this okay b/c I am trying to save money, pay off bills, and use up all the products that I already have. I am sure that I have enuff cond. to last a year, even with co-washing 2x/wk.

Oh yeah, i ordered a tub of Mizani butter blend mild relaxer so that should come in later this week. I will be too busy swanging my hair a few weeks to worry about stalking the BSS

Last edited:
I failed. I decided to go to the salon and bought a bonnet. :nono:

oops i didnt fail....i didnt realize it said june 2

im good!

Last edited:
This would start the day V05 goes on sale for $.75! Like I need more anyway, but I'm just saying.

Oooo Can I join? I think I'm going to extend mine though till exactly June 30th, 2008. It's sad because I'm already making a list of things I want to buy in July :wallbash::blush: lol

:woot: One box of stuff came today - the Eqyss stuff!! I'm so happy - I'm restocked on my current favorite leave-in (Premier Cream Rinse - though, the baby powder smell does bug me at bit) and a new detangler (which smells soooooooooooooooooooooo good. I'd wear it as perfume, if I could :lachen: )

I'm totally set for the month, now.

Over the weekend I bought glycerine and castor oil and ordered my tabletop steamer. I'm not only all set for the month, but hopefully for the summer. If I can just stay out of the rave threads I won't want anything else. I'll probably have it already anyway.:look:

I am in!!! This will help me with the Use it Up Challenge that I am on..as I am eyeying a few product lines: Aveda, Redken etc. :drunk:

:woot: One box of stuff came today - the Eqyss stuff!! I'm so happy - I'm restocked on my current favorite leave-in (Premier Cream Rinse - though, the baby powder smell does bug me at bit) and a new detangler (which smells soooooooooooooooooooooo good. I'd wear it as perfume, if I could :lachen: )

I'm totally set for the month, now.

don't be rubbing yo stuff in our face....:grin:
Im waiting for my Komaza package and maxiglide xp

Last edited:
i started my challenge may 31st right after my baby buttercreme came in the mail. i went on SouthernTease's blog and read some old entries then decided i need a Mane Clip (i won't post the link so i can curb everyone's pjism) but i am holding out! on my list though...mane clip and a human hair weft. there was something else but it obviously isn't that important since i can't remember.

OUR WALLETS WILL THANK US!

[rant]

Why am I having a hard time with this??... I think cuz this time I didnt buy anything " in preparation" and though I have plenty of conditioners & such to get me thru, I feel like Im missing something cuz I didnt buy anything... I put $40 in an envelope to go shopping on Monday since I wasnt able to go out last weekend during the "free" period.... and Ive been driving myself nuts trying to find something to buy.... and there really isnt anything I HAVE to add... I could use some magnetic rollers..... but it aint like my hair has grown 6 inches... I can get by for 3 more weeks with what I have

I came to an epiphany yesterday about this and some other things in my life... not only an I PMSing.. Im going thru some things in my personal life and I realized yesterday that I shop to console myself....because the PJism spills over into everything I do... I literally have no less than 300 pairs of shoes...I have about 150 purses... I cant even tell you all of the clothes I have.... and lest not forget the hair products stuck in every corner in my house & car....

yesterday I went to Bath & Body Works and lost my mind.... who the hell needs 20 Wallflowers??

aiight I feel a lil better now that I have that off my chest...

[/rant]

[rant]

Why am I having a hard time with this??... I think cuz this time I didnt buy anything " in preparation" and though I have plenty of conditioners & such to get me thru, I feel like Im missing something cuz I didnt buy anything... I put $40 in an envelope to go shopping on Monday since I wasnt able to go out last weekend during the "free" period.... and Ive been driving myself nuts trying to find something to buy.... and there really isnt anything I HAVE to add... I could use some magnetic rollers..... but it aint like my hair has grown 6 inches... I can get by for 3 more weeks with what I have

I came to an epiphany yesterday about this and some other things in my life... not only an I PMSing.. Im going thru some things in my personal life and I realized yesterday that I shop to console myself....because the PJism spills over into everything I do... I literally have no less than 300 pairs of shoes...I have about 150 purses... I cant even tell you all of the clothes I have.... and lest not forget the hair products stuck in every corner in my house & car....

yesterday I went to Bath & Body Works and lost my mind.... who the hell needs 20 Wallflowers??

aiight I feel a lil better now that I have that off my chest...

[/rant]
You can start by taking the ones you don't need back to the store. You'll get a rush from doing it and feel better. Now you know, that's half the battle.

do we have passes....
:look:
I'm going with my mom to Sally's to buy some CON, ORS Creamy Aloe, and Proclaim Aloe&Shea conditioner

hehe

You can start by taking the ones you don't need back to the store. You'll get a rush from doing it and feel better. Now you know, that's half the battle.

oh hell nawww.. they wont be on sale when I run out

I got 3 boys who share a bathroom... I will need my wallflowers

oh hell nawww.. they wont be on sale when I run out

I got 3 boys who share a bathroom... I will need my wallflowers
lol you don't need 20 though. send me 5.

:ninja:

but seriously i would take them back. rationalizing your purchases makes it worse. remember, you just said yourself you don't need them...

Okay Passion it's like this...i haven't bought anything...yet. I personally don't want anything or don't need anything but I was wondering does shopping for someone else count? I have to buy my granny something she needs...it doesn't pertain to hair, so does this count?

Okay Passion it's like this...i haven't bought anything...yet. I personally don't want anything or don't need anything but I was wondering does shopping for someone else count? I have to buy my granny something she needs...it doesn't pertain to hair, so does this count?

nope... as long as it aint for you, it doesnt count... and even if it was a haircare item, as long as it wasnt for you, its OK

Back