The Brastrap by 2005 Thread

ALl right girls.Count me in...I want to be at bra strap by end 2005.

How long is my hair right now?
at my neck - without streching-

Have I ever been at bra strap?
Never in my entirelife

What special regiments or treatments do I have?
Stop relaxing
Protective style like cornrows and braids
Also put lots of grease in my scalp. (yes for me it works)

Did I have the same goal last year? No I didn't.

Wish me luck
clap.gif
kisses.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
Im 15 inches away
smile.gif
So to those who are 2-4 inches away you can definitely meet your goal
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess you and i have about the same distance to go!

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
Yup It will be here in no time. If I dont straighten my hair like I plan to, then that will stop me from measuring. I have not measured since June
grin.gif
grin.gif

Are you measuring from hairline to ends or individual strands? I do individual.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do individual too!
smile.gif

we're gonna grow some hair!!
laugh.gif
yay!

well, that is if i dont decide to bc again
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
Im 15 inches away
smile.gif
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
Yup It will be here in no time. If I dont straighten my hair like I plan to, then that will stop me from measuring. I have not measured since June
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i do individual too!
smile.gif

laugh.gif
yay!

cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

why another BC?
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

How long is your hair now? My hair is past bra-strap when wet, so I say I am aprox. 2 inches from bra-strap.
I want to trim 2 inches though, so I am hoping for bra-strap by the end of Dec.
smile.gif

Have you ever been brastrap length before? Yes
What special regimens or treatments are you doing to help you reach your goal? Nothing really. Deep-Conditioning every three days, and protective styling
smile.gif

1. My hair is about 2-2.5 inches past shoulder length.
2. I was brastrap until September 03 when I had a SHS experience.
3. I'm not really doing anything special. I take vitamins every now and then and I deep condition/wear braids more often.

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
Im 15 inches away
smile.gif
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i do individual too!
smile.gif

laugh.gif
yay!

cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

why another BC?
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...sometimes the lil short call my name
wink.gif

but this winter will change my mind...i like this scalp protection stuff called hair!

1. I have about 2 or 3 inches from bra strap
2. I just started my hair journey last July- I was hoping to be there before classes start. But that is next week
laugh.gif

3. I plan to: stick to core products, use no heat, and concentrate on my ends more.

I'm in!

Currently my hair is about 2 inches from brastrap in the back but the sides are a little shorter (growing out layers).

I have been almost bra strap before and cut it to a shoulder legnth bob in 2001.

I got serious about my hair growth Dec 2003 but I didn't have a specific hair goal last year.

My routine will be to moisturize and protect. I'm currently in braids to give my hair a much needed break from styling. My last touch up was early March 04. I will be taking this set of braids out at the end of August and touching up 2 weeks later. Depending on how far along my growth is I may rebraid in Oct. I am also on the bun challenge (officially joining when I take these braids out) so this should help me retain length.

If I don't need a trim I should be brastrap all around by Spring 05.

I'm in, last I checked in May I was 3 inches away. I am thinking of cutting of my relaxed straight parts so I don't know, if I'll make it by the beginning of 2005.

As far as pics go, I have my online album and also the pics on my computer that I peruse from time to time to reming me how far I've come. I am in like Flynn with this challenge!

How long is your hair now? I don't have a measurement in inches as I never got my hair measured. I'm currently in braids, so the measuring won't be possible. Maybe I'll measure in between braid sessions? In the meanwhile, check my hair album in my signature.

Have you ever been brastrap length before? Nope, never even been at my current length before until the hair boards!

What special regimens or treatments are you doing to help you reach your goal? I plan to do a one year Braid-a-thon to ensure that I reach brastrap by 2005. I will not relax in between braid sessions. Relaxer will be done at the end of the Braid-a-thon as I'm going for the "shock"
shocked.gif
effect!!!

Did you have the same goal last year?--I know I did (And if so, what set you back, and what are you doing differently this time?) I only started taking hair growing seriously March of last year 2003, so yes, I had this same goal. I didn't suffer any setbacks, aside from trimming off some thin ends that pre-existed prior to the challenge. I think I'm slowly creeping towards my goal. Hopefully my hair won't look too thin with all the post-partum shedding. If so, that in itself could be a major setback as I'd trim to get rid of all the thinness.

I strongly believe that me leaving my hair alone in the braids will set me closer to my goal. I do conditioning washes 2-3x/week with diluted conditioner, use diluted shampoo on the weekends. Hmmm... what else, Surge, S-curl, light oil... protein shakes as well as my supplements. Happy hair growing, girls!!!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BlackCardinal said:
I've noticed in a few people's signatures that they, like me, are shooting for brastrap length hair in time to bring in the new year. Let's congregate and encourage and share and so forth in this thread
weird.gif

Examples of things you might want to share:
How long is your hair now?
Have you ever been brastrap length before?
What special regimens or treatments are you doing to help you reach your goal?
Did you have the same goal last year?--I know I did
laugh.gif
(And if so, what set you back, and what are you doing differently this time?)
Whatever else you want to add
smile.gif

We can check in every once in a while to discuss progress (and get tips from whoever is progressing the fastest
laugh.gif
)

Weeeee! Brastrap here we come!
dance7.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm late but I hope to be at bra strap by 2005! If I'm lucky, by Christmas this year! right now at last touch up which was 13 wks ago, my hair was about 3- 3 and a half inches or so from bra strap. I don't have a clue now because I can't get it straight enough to measure but when I pull on the sides I can get one or two that touch. My middle is seriously lagging though, by like 2-3 inches so who knows what that looks like! I've never had hair longer than just past shoulders thanks to an old scissor happy stylist and bad care so I'm excited to even be where I am now! I've been positively focusing on my hair since Nov. 02 when it was chopped to barely touching the bottom of my neck for the umptenth time and I got fed up. my original goal was bra strap by June o4 but I kept getting scissor happy with my own hair in an attempt to force the back to catch up but it continues to just Ho-de-hum along so I forced myself to put the scissors down. Right now I'm really trying to give myself scalp massages every 2 days and I'm on a juicer kick and juice "hair" and "skin" tonics daily with lots of carrots, kale, cabbage, cucumber, ginger and such. I think it's working!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
pink_flower said:
2. I just started my hair journey last July- I was hoping to be there before classes start. But that is next week
laugh.gif

3. I plan to: stick to core products, use no heat, and concentrate on my ends more.

[/ QUOTE ]

UPDATE! I got a touch up this past weekend and I am ONE inch from bra strap
grin.gif
!

great to hear. i received my msm on friday and today i am going to pick up my biotin, more carrot juice, maybe some b-complex hopefully i will be on my way!

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
I'm in, last I checked in May I was 3 inches away. I am thinking of cutting of my relaxed straight parts so I don't know, if I'll make it by the beginning of 2005.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean your transitioning, CBG???

[ QUOTE ]
pink_flower said:
[ QUOTE ]
pink_flower said:
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

UPDATE! I got a touch up this past weekend and I am ONE inch from bra strap
grin.gif
!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good going, Pink Flower... did you take pics after this relaxer??? We wanna see....
poke.gif

1. I am about 2-3 inches from brastrap
2. I have never been at brastrap but I had long hair when I was
child.
3. I plan on washing at least 3-4 times a week. I am thinking about getting tree braids but my scalp is acting up from seborrheic dermatitis. I do plan on incorporating eo with scalp massages. I plan on exercising daily and eating more protein and to start back taking my vitamins. I already drink plenty of water.

Hey Everybody! *waving**
About 4-5 inches from bra strap here. I am going to condition wash tonight and roller wrap my hair. I will take pics and post them ---New to the photos for my hair--- to document my new found journey. So glad I found you ladies!!!

CHEERS!!!

welcome, AudraChanell!
19_smiley.gif

I looked at your pics--wow, you have such thick, beautiful hair! Glad to have you on board for the bra strap journey!
smile.gif

Hi everyone. I have about an inch to go since i did the cut and i have exactly 4 months to reach my goal. See y'all on the other side of the strap.
wink.gif
-- jainygirl

How long is my hair right now? I'm about an inch away from brastrap.

Have I ever been at bra strap? Yes, but it wasnt how i wanted my hair to look. My hair was very lifeless near the bottom few inches.

What special regimens or treatments do I have? I shampoo every week with CON (i bottle with green writing) and treat my ends twice a week with Vaseline or something else to coat them and put them in a bun overnight to keep them soft. I also deep condition like every couple of months. Use heat only to blowdry after shampooing and use curling irons maybe every 3-4 months.

Did I have the same goal last year? yes my goal was the same last year.

1. How long is your hair now?

I was 2 or 3 inches shy of bra strap in July after the most recent rollerset.

2. Have you ever been brastrap length before?

Never.

3. What special regimens or treatments are you doing to help you reach your goal?

I'm taking biotin, MSM, and extra protein (eggs, tuna, kidney beans, chickpeas, chicken). I've resumed Surging. Washing my hair in braided sections has reduced tangling EXCEPT at the base of the braids near the scalp. I'll try pre-shampoo conditioning next. Garlic oil scalp treatments along with Surge and MSM should combat shedding this fall.

4. Did you have the same goal last year? And if so, what set you back, and what are you doing differently this time?

Yes of course. I lost a lot of hair trying to comb my loose hair in the shower with the Jilbere shower comb. Now I wait until the braids have airdried to just damp before I comb. I've also refrained from trimming for 6 months. I don't NEED a trim or dusting after each touchup, as I get very little end breakage whether my hair is down or bunned up.

This is definitely my goal, but I don't think I'll be completely there by 2005. My hair usually grows fast, so I'll have some good length (TWA, recent big chop) by then!! Prayin for length!!

I understand totally Natrl. I probably won't get there by 2005 either, but it certainly won't stop me from trying
smile.gif

I think that I'll probably be close to bra strap but not quite. I really want to take viviscal vitamins cause I hear that they work great but my regime is pretty good so I'll just remain consistent with that.

Back