Shoulder/Armpit by 2006!!!

Things are going good on this challenge.....
I hope to have a decent shoulder length by the end if the year....
I am still doing my CW's, and moisture, moisture, moisture... I will start up with MTG again in November...

Last edited:
I would like to join this challange!!!
How long is your hair now? A little past shoulder length

Have you ever been shoulder/armpit length before? Yes -2inches past shoulder in 2001

What special regimens or treatments are you doing to help you reach your goal? CW with Vo5 Moisture Milks- shampoo 1 a week-limited heat usage-Braids really help me retain length. I find when I leave my hair out of braids I then to want to cut my hair. to give it shape( can't help it ..... It's the stylist in me). Good luck every one!!!

How long is your hair now? Chin length in the front, slightly longer in the back

Have you ever been shoulder/armpit length before? Before I started college

What special regimens or treatments are you doing to help you reach your goal? MTGing every other day and hopefully stretching out my relaxers (10-12 weeks), and no heat

Whatever else you want to add. Before I started college I had thick healthy hair, now I can't retain length. I think a lot of it has to do with the stress of college, my major, oh and the fact that my school is in the coldest part of the US. It's weird cuz as soon as I go home (Tulsa, OK) for a while my hair thrives. This is my last year of school, and I want to graduate with thick healthy hair (May 2006).

Shoulder length here I come!

How long is your hair now? Chin length in front and neck length at the back.

Have you ever been shoulder/armpit length before? I was shoulder length as a freshman in high school, my hair was also a lot thicker than it is now

What special regimens or treatments are you doing to help you reach your goal? I'm using MTG 2-3x per week and also using quality products in my regimen. I'm also trying to stay away from braided extensions (except cornrows), because they broke off and thinned my hair in the past.

Whatever else you want to add
I am going for shoulder length for 2006, it is also my last year of college and I too want to graduate with healthy, thick, shoulder length hair. I am taking swimming classes this semester so it's a battle. I'm really being on top of my hair though. Shoulder length here I come.

I am in.......

How long is your hair now? 5 inches all over and 8 inches in the middle.

Have you ever been shoulder/armpit length before? Never

What special regimens or treatments are you doing to help you reach your goal? Wash 2X per week; DC 1 or 2 X per week. Braid for 2 months relax every 4 / 6 months.

Hello everyone!! How is it going can we get some pics???

This is where I am at a week before today (11 weeks post)!!! I will be getting a relaxer in two days will post the results here!!

BlackCardinal said:
I'm joining! I started the original Brastrap by 2005 thread while I was still transitioning. Now that I'm fully natural I'm on a new hair growth mission! :)

Current length: varies--bangs come to just below my nose, a bit past shoulder in the back

Previous longest length: with my relaxed ends the back was at brastrap when I did the bc in march

I've been progressing well. I've met one of my goals, which was to reach armpit length in the back. My bangs are chin length now. My next goal is to grow my bangs another 2 inches by the end of the year.

I've gotten to shoulder length .I would love to make it to armpit by December or even 2 inches would be great. I am on the MTG wagon now so lets see how that works out for me. Do any of you girls know if I can use MTG after a dominican blowout? I just had my hair done on Saturday and I just want to swing my new found hair a little ;) .

LadyZ said:
Things are going good on this challenge.....
I hope to have a decent shoulder length by the end if the year....
I am still doing my CW's, and moisture, moisture, moisture... I will start up with MTG again in November...
You are past shoulder length!! Yall know yall kill me with this!!!

I have reached my december goal of armpit length. I think I am about 1 inch past it now. I don't know what I am doing right but it might be the surge. I hope that if I receive my mtg I will be at bra strap by december.

I wanna join! :trampolin My goal will be armpit length! DECEMBER 31st Brastrap March, 06! WaistLength March, 07! :grin:

How long is your hair now? My hair is currently shoulder length and approx. 2.5 inches from armpit length.

Have you ever been shoulder/armpit length before? I have been shoulder but never armpit length that I know of. I started getting relaxers at, like, 9. It was all "neck-length" from there until the age of 29 when I finally hit shoulder as a result of wearing ponytails and little to no manipulation and a late touch up from just being overburdened with other things.

What special regimens or treatments are you doing to help you reach your goal? I will do my reduced heat (1-2 times/month only), protective styles, I'm stretching this phyto relaxer for at LEAST 12 weeks, maybe longer, increased water (I've slacked), and back on my vitamin regimine. I might do a different MTG regimine that involves less saturation and more frequent application. (I was wearing it saturated 3 days/week - that got OLD). Get back on my pre-poo oil treatments and back on my weekly deep conditioning with LeKair.

Last edited:
LOL @ sweetpea demanding pictures :lol:

I didn't take progress pics in May, when the challenge started, but I have one from about a month before. The second pic was taken a couple days ago.

Attachments

• NapeLengthApr23crop.jpg
    NapeLengthApr23crop.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 2
  • lengthsept25.jpg
    lengthsept25.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2
BlackCardinal said:
LOL @ sweetpea demanding pictures :lol:

I didn't take progress pics in May, when the challenge started, but I have one from about a month before. The second pic was taken a couple days ago.

Congrats on making it to apl!! I am so excited for you!! Thanks for the pics!!! I love to see updates!!

Naijaqueen said:
I'll have my Phyto update 2morrow, its from this past weekend. The latest update in my fotki is from a week b4 that.

I am so proud of you! You are almost (if not there) to Shoulder length!! Your progress has happened like overnight!! My babies are growing up!!

sweetpeadst said:
I am so proud of you! You are almost (if not there) to Shoulder length!! Your progress has happened like overnight!! My babies are growing up!!

Thanks :D All of y'all serve as my role modes that it can be done, spending time reading old posts and looking at fotki is taking up my day, but gosh I'm learning so so much!! My hair has never been this healthy, except for when I was little even when it was in high schl, it was a lil past shoulder but it was not healthy at all.
I'll keep trying and make my mama proud of me :D

Naijaqueen said:
Thanks :D All of y'all serve as my role modes that it can be done, spending time reading old posts and looking at fotki is taking up my day, but gosh I'm learning so so much!! My hair has never been this healthy, except for when I was little even when it was in high schl, it was a lil past shoulder but it was not healthy at all.
I'll keep trying and make my mama proud of me :D

That's right you keep going girl!!

sweetpeadst said:
Momma's baby is doing so good!! She got that Phytorelaxer and that hair is just growing!!!

LMAO! Thanks girl, keep paving the way for me, cant wait till I can have that hair resting well on my shoulder!!

@Candycane thanks, I'm addicted to this website, it really does a good job of keeping me on the str8 and narrow so i dont falter and return to my old ways. :)

Naijaqueen said:
LMAO! Thanks girl, keep paving the way for me, cant wait till I can have that hair resting well on my shoulder!!

@Candycane thanks, I'm addicted to this website, it really does a good job of keeping me on the str8 and narrow so i dont falter and return to my old ways. :)

Momma will try baby!!

How long is your hair now? Tip of the nose in the front, almost chin length on the side, barely grazing the back of my neck in the rear.

Have you ever been shoulder/armpit length before? Yes I have been shoulder length.

What special regimens or treatments are you doing to help you reach your goal? Washing 2 times a week, Deep conditioning one of those times, Selecting Garlic shampoos and conditioners to rotate in my regimine, Doing pre-poo treatments, Moisturizing with my glycerin/water/jamaica black castor oil or rosemary oil daily, oiling my scalp and hair nightly with my mixture of rosemary oil, sweet almond oil, wheatgerm oil or jamaica black castor oil. I have added protein treatments to my regimine as well.

Immediate goal is shoulder length- next goal brastrap length

Well I'm doing quite fine if I can say so myself, been drinking carrot juice, taking my vitamins, and keeping up w/my routine. I did a relaxer monday, and I gained 2-2 1/2 inches while retaining everything, :yay: , thank God. Now I'm past shoulder length weighting in at 13 1/4 inches from top of head to end of strands. :clapping: . I'll be checking back in soon.

Back