Brastrap by 2004!!!

whaaaa......cant join yall here..i wont be there until 05 ladies..i will see yall at the strap..we will all meet and have tea...lol

42.gif

Re: Brastrap in 2004!!!

I am now BSL!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I broke my own no heat rule and flatironed my roots out today.
4_11_9.gif
I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to touchup at home or go to the salon. I can't seem to get my roller-sets right so...I don't know...

How is everyone else doing on the BSL in 2004 challenge. There's still about a month left! <font color="red"> You can do it!!! </font>

18_1_107v.gif
23_13_7v.gif

36_1_21.gif

Congrats Carlie!

My longest layers in the back are BSL now too. I'll get a touchup in December (last one was late September). I'm 8 weeks post relaxer with a bit of new growth.

[ QUOTE ]
CICI24 said:
Oh cool! Congratulations Carlie!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Cici! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
megonw said:
Congrats Carlie!

My longest layers in the back are BSL now too. I'll get a touchup in December (last one was late September). I'm 8 weeks post relaxer with a bit of new growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Megon! Congrats to you too!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Yay!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif We are doing it! /images/graemlins/cool.gif It'll be interesting to see touch-up results in December! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Carlie, CONGRATS on reaching your goal /images/graemlins/smile.gif ...do u have pics for us to see or are you letting us wait until December to show us? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm crossing my fingers hoping that I'll reach brastrap before the end of the year! I haven't measured since sept. and at that time I was about 2 inches from bra-strap. Hopefully I'll make brastrap soon and maintain that length so that my layers can catch up.

Ya'll peep my recent pics. The link is in my signature. Do you think I'll make it before year's end or is this wishful thinking? I just got a touchup, so I won't be re-touching until at least 3 months from now.

[ QUOTE ]
AJamericanDiva said:
Ya'll peep my recent pics. The link is in my signature. Do you think I'll make it before year's end or is this wishful thinking? I just got a touchup, so I won't be re-touching until at least 3 months from now.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think its wishful thinking. it will probably be officially brastrap in Jan or Feb. Anyway, to, I would consider your hair brastrap already! /images/graemlins/grin.gif BTW, your son is sooo cuuttteeee! He reminds me of my nephew. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I didn't make it this time... I guess I will go over to the BSL by 2006 thread /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I took out my braids, washed, blow dried and flat ironed my hair over Thanksgiving and I'm very close to my bra-strap. My roots were so thick and poofy that the flat iron couldnt even tame them. I'm 3 months post relaxer and the longest layers of my hair are about less than 3/4" away from BS. I'm very excited! My hair growth is right on schedule. I have at least another 6-9 months until I decide to touch-up my relaxer. Next week I will continue my personal challenge and have my hair braided again for the next two months. Congrats on achieving your goal Carlie!!!!!

i reached it and it is the end of november.yeah now if i can only get 4 inches past ill be doing great.!!!

[ QUOTE ]
curlybun said:
I'm crossing my fingers hoping that I'll reach brastrap before the end of the year! I haven't measured since sept. and at that time I was about 2 inches from bra-strap. Hopefully I'll make brastrap soon and maintain that length so that my layers can catch up.

[/ QUOTE ]
2 inches in 3 mths...I think you will definitely make it by the end of the year. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AJamericanDiva said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you can. /images/graemlins/smile.gif You're right there! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Mermaid0684 said:
I took out my braids, washed, blow dried and flat ironed my hair over Thanksgiving and I'm very close to my bra-strap. My roots were so thick and poofy that the flat iron couldnt even tame them. I'm 3 months post relaxer and the longest layers of my hair are about less than 3/4" away from BS. I'm very excited! My hair growth is right on schedule. I have at least another 6-9 months until I decide to touch-up my relaxer. Next week I will continue my personal challenge and have my hair braided again for the next two months. Congrats on achieving your goal Carlie!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Mermaid!

I know what you mean about the thick and poofy roots. My roots are still quite kinky. /images/graemlins/look.gif I think I flatironed too fast! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Looks like you'll be BSL real soon or probably already there since you couldn't get your roots really straight! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wow, you're going to stretch your relaxer another 6-9 months!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Have you stretched that long before? Are you able to stretch that long because of the braids? TIA

[ QUOTE ]
ReaLuvsAOxymoron said:
I think I may hit it or within a half inch of it. Of course it won't be thick even brastrap but brastrap nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds good to me! /images/graemlins/cool.gif It's great that so many are reaching their goals. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Unless my hair does something drastic in the next month. I wont make it until porbably Feb of 2005 to be more realistic.
/images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

I didnot make it although I know there is still a month left in the year, I still have 2.5 inches left. However I am proud that I have come a long way in a year's time. This time last year my hair wasn't even shoulder length so i have no real compaints. I will be at Bra Strap comfortably by june next year.

[ QUOTE ]
Carlie said:
[ QUOTE ]
Mermaid0684 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Mermaid!

I know what you mean about the thick and poofy roots. My roots are still quite kinky. /images/graemlins/look.gif I think I flatironed too fast! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Looks like you'll be BSL real soon or probably already there since you couldn't get your roots really straight! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wow, you're going to stretch your relaxer another 6-9 months!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Have you stretched that long before? Are you able to stretch that long because of the braids? TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am able to stretch out that long becuase of the braids. I would have relaxed 2 months ago if it were not for the braids. I kills me though becuase I love to wear my hair out all the time. But when I think of the reasons why I'm doing it, it's totally worth it. I'm doing this to eliminate the amount of chemicals applied to my hair. During the summer I made a BIG BOO-BOO of coloring my hair and then touching up my roots with a super relaxer within a week and a half of one another. I'm blessed to still have hair on my head. When my mother was braiding my hair later on that month, she found a patch of half inch hairs! Thats scary considering my hair was inches from bra-strap at the time. Thats when I decided to lay off of relaxers for a while. I've never tried this before, but it's for the benefit of my hair.

I reached the top of brastrap when I got my last relaxer, which was the end of October. I don't get another relaxer till the end of January, but I hope to be past brastrap by then.

Congrats RicaMorena!!!
23_3_15.gif
I'm sure you'll be past brastrap by the end of January! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Carlie said:
Congrats RicaMorena!!!
23_3_15.gif
I'm sure you'll be past brastrap by the end of January! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Carlie.

Your hair looks great in your avatar Carlie. Congratulations to you! /images/graemlins/up.gif I'm right behind you. I'm actually in the brastrap by 2005 challenge - but it'll be pretty close. I get a touch up this weekend and I'm anxious to see how much progress I've made.

Back