The 2010 Wedding Thread

I'm getting married on 6/25/11! We are pretty much done with the planning - we have our venue, baker, photographer, videographer, my dress, BM dresses, shoes, DJ, minister, caterer and florist. We just need to finalize our flowers at our 2nd meeting with the florist and I am doing a make up trial for airbrush makeup on June 13th, when we take our engagement pictures. Anyone going for airbrush vs. traditional make up?

I am natural but I'm getting my hair blow dried and flat ironed and curled. I think I'm getting a french manicure on my hands and a light, neutral color on my toes. I don't like french on my toes...I tried the new OPI gel nail system at my nail salon a few weeks ago and it is AWESOME. It was a french manicure, lasted 3 weeks with NO CHIPS and my nails weren't severely damaged when I got the gel soaked off. I'd highly recommend it, b/c the nails will stay and look perfect through the wedding, honeymoon, etc.

I'm getting married on 6/25/11! We are pretty much done with the planning - we have our venue, baker, photographer, videographer, my dress, BM dresses, shoes, DJ, minister, caterer and florist. We just need to finalize our flowers at our 2nd meeting with the florist and I am doing a make up trial for airbrush makeup on June 13th, when we take our engagement pictures. Anyone going for airbrush vs. traditional make up?

I am natural but I'm getting my hair blow dried and flat ironed and curled. I think I'm getting a french manicure on my hands and a light, neutral color on my toes. I don't like french on my toes...I tried the new OPI gel nail system at my nail salon a few weeks ago and it is AWESOME. It was a french manicure, lasted 3 weeks with NO CHIPS and my nails weren't severely damaged when I got the gel soaked off.

Oh my, you have sooooo much more done than me and I have less than 4 months left.

How are you doing Amour?

I got engaged on April 18 (two days after SHEANITPRO's sister!) and our wedding is Nov. 13... two days before my birthday! :D

We have a ceremony site, reception venue (that caters), my dress, a coordinator and we'll have a photographer by June 1.

Phew! We've done a lot, I think! The wedding is going to be so awesome... everyone LOVES our venue... it's gonna be fun!!!!

Oh my, you have sooooo much more done than me and I have less than 4 months left.

We are both "planner" types, so we wanted to get things done early. Plus I am moving to Cincinnati next month and I really wanted to get everything wrapped up (at least the big stuff) before I moved. I didn't want to stress over whether we could get the venue we wanted, caterer we wanted, etc.

It's definitely possible to do a wedding in less time than we did. We set our date farther out so we could get exactly what we wanted and not have to compromise on anything. It was crazy, we were planning 1.5 years out, and still couldn't get the original weekend in June that we wanted b/c someone had already booked it! But since we were so far out, we were open to switching dates in order to get all of the vendors we were hoping for, and it all worked out! Now we will be on our honeymoon for BOTH of our birthdays, so it worked out even better than we originally planned! :yep:

Congrats to all of the brides-to-be in this thread!!

We are both "planner" types, so we wanted to get things done early. Plus I am moving to Cincinnati next month and I really wanted to get everything wrapped up (at least the big stuff) before I moved. I didn't want to stress over whether we could get the venue we wanted, caterer we wanted, etc.

Congrats to all of the brides-to-be in this thread!!

Hey... I'm probably moving to SW Ohio too... but it will be after the wedding. We should get together! :)

Congrats ladies!
My fiance proposed on Thanksgiving Day in 09 and we're planning on getting married either on our anniversary next year (Sept 2011) or in spring 2012. We're trying to save as much as we can so that we don't have to borrow any.

Congrats ladies :grin::grin:

Our wedding day is Oct 9th 2010.. The wedding will be simple, classy, stress free, small and intimate.. We will also be getting our daughter christian on that day as well.

FI and I are still in the planning stage and negotiating a venue for the reception. I selected my dress design and opted to get it custom made for me. I hope all goes well with that. Our primary colour will be purple. I ordered the toasting flutes, cake server set and unity candle set from things remembered.

If any of you come across any nice loc'd hair styles please post them.

OMG... 13 days unytil your wedding, cant even imagine being that close.

To answer you ?, I would/ am going for french.

I was thinking on those lines too, although I think my piggies look better with color on them... I will have to make up my pretty soon.

Yeah it is really coming down to the wire and my poor brain is so FRAZZLED!!! I think once we get to his hometown where we are getting married I will be able to relax a little bit more.

I was thinking on those lines too, although I think my piggies look better with color on them... I will have to make up my pretty soon.

Yeah it is really coming down to the wire and my poor brain is so FRAZZLED!!! I think once we get to his hometown where we are getting married I will be able to relax a little bit more.

10 days!!!! :eek:

Well, when it's all said and done... come back and post some pictures!!!! :D

Congrats to all of you ladies!

Are any of you ladies incorporating non-traditional things into your ceremonies or taking traditional things out?

Congrats to all of you ladies!

Are any of you ladies incorporating non-traditional things into your ceremonies or taking traditional things out?

I think our ceremony will be traditional, but anything goes at the reception!

The reception is at a baseball stadium, so... :lol:

I'm transitioning aswell & this is the style im gonna do too:yep:
I actually printed this pic off from the internet to show my stylist so what a coincidence!
My wedding is 31st July & my colours are lilac & silver

What a coincident.

Please post pics afterwards :grin:

How are you doing Amour?

I got engaged on April 18 (two days after SHEANITPRO's sister!) and our wedding is Nov. 13... two days before my birthday! :D

We have a ceremony site, reception venue (that caters), my dress, a coordinator and we'll have a photographer by June 1.

Phew! We've done a lot, I think! The wedding is going to be so awesome... everyone LOVES our venue... it's gonna be fun!!!!

I'm good thanks Bunny.

So far we have, ceremony site, reception site, photographer, my dress, one caterer (different cultures/ different foods).

Still need bridesmaid dress -> turning out to be a pain in the arse. Veil. Shoes. Honeymoon. 2nd caterer. DJ. Cake. Send invites (designed on vistaprint). Still got to make personalised aisle runner, sand box for sand ceremony; and other bits that I care to not remember LOL.

Sooooo much to do LOL

Congrats ladies :grin::grin:

Our wedding day is Oct 9th 2010.. The wedding will be simple, classy, stress free, small and intimate.. We will also be getting our daughter christian on that day as well.

That is soo sweet and such a good idea :yep:

I love these shoes but I don't know the maker, I can't make out the label. Can anyone tell me?

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 72
Hello Ladies!!!

How is the wedding planning coming along? I am soooo happy that we finally tied the knot. The whole day was so beautiful. Of course all types of things went wrong ( I was late to the chapel, reception hall a/c was broke, caterer was late) but none of that matters now. I didn't think that I would break down and cry but once they opened those doors and I saw my husband standing there the waterworks began :grin: but my wonderful father took my hand and told me he loved me and let's get you married :lachen:

Once we get unpacked and back to our routine I will post some picutres.

Good Luck Ladies!!!

Hello Ladies!!!

How is the wedding planning coming along? I am soooo happy that we finally tied the knot. The whole day was so beautiful. Of course all types of things went wrong ( I was late to the chapel, reception hall a/c was broke, caterer was late) but none of that matters now. I didn't think that I would break down and cry but once they opened those doors and I saw my husband standing there the waterworks began :grin: but my wonderful father took my hand and told me he loved me and let's get you married :lachen:

Once we get unpacked and back to our routine I will post some picutres.

Good Luck Ladies!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :congrats:

I can't wait to see your pictures!

On my end, we've got the church and reception venue set, a dress, the bridesmaids' dresses and a photographer picked out.

My mom and I will be focusing on picking out colors, linens and flowers in the next few weeks, and then the fiance and I have to pick a DJ. I need him to get going on the rehearsal dinner and hotel room blocks.

Oh yeah, invitations!!!! They'll hopefully be going to print by the end of the month.

I've been so busy at work that I haven't had time to think about the wedding stuff, but by the end of the month, I'll be back on the grind!

I got engaged 5/2/10 (very very early morning!!.....like sometime after 1am......my grandfather's funeral was 5/1/10 and some of us went out later that night). We just chose a date of October 1st, 2011 for our wedding. Primary wedding colours are green and black with ivory accents. I orginally wanted green and brown with ivory accents but he wants to wear black so it ruined my original colour scheme.

Anyways, I plan on selecting a venue by the end of this year (I have two options that I am going to look at in August). My BM dresses will be in chiffon floor length..........it's an evening wedding. The only thing I know right now about my dress is what it will not be......lace, satin, showy, ballgown..........I'm tiny and my personal tastes runs along the lines of simple, yet elegant.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :congrats:

I can't wait to see your pictures!

On my end, we've got the church and reception venue set, a dress, the bridesmaids' dresses and a photographer picked out.

My mom and I will be focusing on picking out colors, linens and flowers in the next few weeks, and then the fiance and I have to pick a DJ. I need him to get going on the rehearsal dinner and hotel room blocks.

Oh yeah, invitations!!!! They'll hopefully be going to print by the end of the month.

I've been so busy at work that I haven't had time to think about the wedding stuff, but by the end of the month, I'll be back on the grind!

Thank you. You have done quite a bit of leg work already. Pace yourself if you can and it will all work out fine.

July 10th 2010, exicited, stressed, happy, color lavender and purple, green, silver. Engaged April. Short and simple and sweet.

UPDATE : Had to move it to July 31st 2010

Last edited:
Hi ladies - our engagement photo shoot is tomorrow and I'm really excited!! However, it's been raining like crazy today and my photographer just emailed to say we will have to touch base throughout the day tomorrow b/c it may rain tomorrow night as well! :nono:

I'll be so sad about that b/c I plan to get my hair done today, make up done tomorrow and I have been running around buying different outfits all week. Wish me luck and pray that this rain stops by tomorrow! :yep:

I got engaged 5/2/10 (very very early morning!!.....like sometime after 1am......my grandfather's funeral was 5/1/10 and some of us went out later that night). We just chose a date of October 1st, 2011 for our wedding. Primary wedding colours are green and black with ivory accents. I orginally wanted green and brown with ivory accents but he wants to wear black so it ruined my original colour scheme.

My colors were brown, champagne, and green, and my FH wore a black tux with a brown vest and long tie. Male party wore black tuxs with champagne vest and long tie. It actually looked quite good. I wouldn't have been a fan of a brown tux. Congratulations!

I'm so excited and happy for everyone!!!! Natural in ATL, I wanna see your e-pics!!!! :D

I'm really excited for everyone also!
@ exubah: congrats on your engagement!
@ Bunny: I love your colors - really vibrant!
@ GA Beauty: OMG, 2 weeks left! Are you feeling good or feeling stressed? Any last minute things coming up that you can warn the rest of us about? :spinning:
@ wofford16: congrats on your recent wedding! Can't wait to see pics!

Good news! I was able to reschedule my e-pic session for 6/27. I looked at weather.com and it said it would be literally raining every hour from 6am-9pm tomorrow and I just didn't want to take the chance of paying for my hair and make up and not utilizing the results effectively. So I rescheduled with my photographer first, then my hairstylist. I have an email into the make up artist now, so I hope she can switch dates. I'm so thankful this has worked out!

I'm really excited for everyone also!
@ exubah: congrats on your engagement!
@ Bunny: I love your colors - really vibrant!
@ GA Beauty: OMG, 2 weeks left! Are you feeling good or feeling stressed? Any last minute things coming up that you can warn the rest of us about? :spinning:
@ wofford16: congrats on your recent wedding! Can't wait to see pics!

Good news! I was able to reschedule my e-pic session for 6/27. I looked at weather.com and it said it would be literally raining every hour from 6am-9pm tomorrow and I just didn't want to take the chance of paying for my hair and make up and not utilizing the results effectively. So I rescheduled with my photographer first, then my hairstylist. I have an email into the make up artist now, so I hope she can switch dates. I'm so thankful this has worked out!

I'm not really feeling stressed at all. There are still some of my vendors that I'm feeling kinda shaky about but I keep having to remind myself that at the end of the day, as long as my FH and pastor are there...I'm getting married!

I feel like there will always be loose ends to tie up, so it's good to have one or two people who have been married recently who can remind you of things (but make sure these are people who aren't trying to force their opinions on you).

I'm excited!!!

Back