The 2010 Wedding Thread

Amour

Engaged ladies lets come together and share our wedding ideas, inspirations, thoughts, questions and more here.

Please start with your introductions.

I'll start...

I recently became engaged to the love of my life :2inlove: and we are currently planning a Sept 2010 wedding :love:.

Our colours will be Ivory & Champagne with Gold and Black accents.

So far we have only decided upon the ceremony and reception venue.

Will be back later with some of my inspiration :love4:

Yea great thread! I got engaged December 30,2009.

We're currently overseas planning for an August 21st wedding. We have an outside venue with a sunset theme so it'll be in the evening. Our colors are burnt orange and gold(satin) with a few chocolate accents.

Yayyy! I was waiting for this thread.

I got engaged on June 13, 2009. Our wedding will be June 26, 2010.

Our colors are classic black and white with pink accents.

Congrats ladies!

Yea great thread! I got engaged December 30,2009.

We're currently overseas planning for an August 21st wedding. We have an outside venue with a sunset theme so it'll be in the evening. Our colors are burnt orange and gold(satin) with a few chocolate accents.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one planning a wedding in less than a year :yep:

What have you completed this far?

Congratulations!

When did you get engaged and how much time will you have to plan your wedding?

I got engaged last month, so have about 8 months to plan this bad boy LOL... I'm sure I can do, not sure why its needs to take any longer really.

That's great. Congrats chica! Tell us the story!

We met in college about 4 years ago and we recently graduated. We had been talking about marriage for a while, so the proposal wasn't a complete surprise. Don't know much about the ring except that its a simple 1 carat solitaire :love2: - couldn't have asked for more!!

Congratulations to everyone!!! I just wanted to ask if anyone is transitioning? If so, how are you going to do your hair for the wedding then if you have relaxed and natural hair on your head?

Congratulations to everyone!!! I just wanted to ask if anyone is transitioning? If so, how are you going to do your hair for the wedding then if you have relaxed and natural hair on your head?

I think I will be getting a blow out and adding pieces for length and volume.

I've been thinking of this style

meagan-good-arrival.jpg

I got engaged last month, so have about 8 months to plan this bad boy LOL... I'm sure I can do, not sure why its needs to take any longer really.

Cool! Keep us posted. I'm wondering if a wedding could be planned in 6-7 months... you know, it doesn't have to be a bridezilla wedding, but still a nice one that's a little more than a courthouse deal too.

I'm happy for you!

Cool! Keep us posted. I'm wondering if a wedding could be planned in 6-7 months... you know, it doesn't have to be a bridezilla wedding, but still a nice one that's a little more than a courthouse deal too.

I'm happy for you!

Yes, a nice wedding can definitely be planned in that time.

I'm happy for you!

Thank you :yep:

Thats exactly what we planning, we dont have a whole lot of money at the moment and definately dont want to go down the courthouse route; So a medium sized, simple wedding.
Even if we had the $$$$ wouldnt want to spend too much on one day. I will be DIYing alot of things but I know the outcome will be BEAUTIFUL :grin:

I'm happy for you!

Yes it can! DH and I were engaged March 2009 and married August 2009. (5 months) It wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be. It can be done!:grin:

I was proposed to early January. I'm busy with class, so we're planning a wedding for next year.

My SO is thrilled about planning, always bugging me to make/revise a guest list, what are we eating?, blah, blah, blah. I love and appreciate his excitement, but I had no idea he'd want to be so involved. It's cute.

Our colors will be white, gold, with teal accents. Nothing too crazy. I already have a few dresses in mind. I cannot wait to get fitted. I also picked a baker and cake design already. You know what? I may be just as excited about planning as my sweetie is.

Right now, we're putting money to the side every paycheck. We want to have all the money we need and not go into debt.

Congratulations, you guys!! engaged 5/09. Getting married 6/26/10. In the thick of planning and want to blow my brains out. Theme colors are a Dark blue & Ivory with yellow accents.

I really like the attached. It's Christina Wu :)

ETA: Does anyone know how to put pictures inside the thread instead of attaching them.

Attachments

• 5462.jpg
    5462.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 77
  • christina wu.jpg
    christina wu.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 88
Hey ladies,

I'm having difficult on when and how to choose my bridesmaids?

I have a group of friends, a few that I am closer to than others. Not sure if I can ask some but not others of our group? How is everyone planning on asking their bridesmaids to be apart of their day?

How many are you having? Are you paying for their dresses and accessories?

I think I will be getting a blow out and adding pieces for length and volume.

I've been thinking of this style

meagan-good-arrival.jpg
I'm transitioning aswell & this is the style im gonna do too:yep:
I actually printed this pic off from the internet to show my stylist so what a coincidence!
My wedding is 31st July & my colours are lilac & silver

YAY! I got engaged earlier this year but Im not getting married until 2012 so I will be around these parts for a long long time,lol. Im trying to book a photographer by the end of this year to lock in some 2010 rates and I think Im going to DIY all the paper stuff.

i got officially engaged april 20, 2010 and getting married october 23, 2010

Congratulations Ladies!!!!

I luv this thread! I'm reppin" for my baby sister, I live vicariously thru her engagement! :yep:

She is not a member, but was officially engaged on her birthday April 16.

Her wedding will be held on September 11, 2011. I know 9/11 right? :ohwell:!

Neither she nor her fiancee are "superstitious" :yep:. They have a wonderful location reserved for their wedding in the DMV area.

I am so excited for her, and will be sharing some of the info from this thread with her. Hopefully she'll become a member of the LHCF sisterhood soon! :yep:

Last edited:
Back