Summer '09 Deep condition every other day challenge

Washed and conditioned with Pantene Long & Strong followed by Motions Conditioner as a leave in. Sealed with ORS Mango Butter and baggied.

My hair feels FABULOUS! Not oily or full of build up. Just moisturized and soft to the touch. I'll be doing this simple regimen for the remainder of the summer.

My hair needed protein so DC'd with Jasmine's Reconstructor and followed up with Moisture Renewal. My hair is loving the Deep Conditioning and Baggying challenges.:grin:

what kind of deep conditioner is everyone using?

Hi Kynni!

I'm doing great. I love this challenge and the way it makes my hair feel is amazing! The conditioners i use are as follows:

ORS Replinishing conditioner mixed with Rous Porosity Control
Cream of Nature moisturizing conditoner
Pantene Relaxed and Natural
Motions CPR (for protein)

And thats it. I like to keep it simple.:yep:

Dced with MGM and butter treat while doing 20 min cardio kickboxing. What hairstyles are the naturals rocking other than twists? I am wondering if I am getting too much breakage from all the combing/styling, even though only 5 strands a day so far

Shampood with Desert Essence Italian Red Grape Shampoo

I have Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta on now and will dc overnight with it

what kind of deep conditioner is everyone using?

I will be using:

Moisturizing--Hairveda's Sitrinillah, Yes to Carrots Mud Mask, Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Smoothie

Protein--BPT Wheat Conditioning Cream, Roots of Nature Shea Butter Green Tea Deep Reconstructor

Just checkin' in - washed hair with Jonathan Ionic Balance - pulled the Aussie Deeeeeep Moisture out of the archives (how could I forgotten about this one) rinsed and followed up with PM super strong liquid leave in treatment....

Just washed with HairOne Olive Oil. And now I'm DC with Yes To Carrots Mud Mask, with my portable DC baggy. OMGosh I :love2: this stuff. I have definately been :sleeping: on this. I must go get a couple more jars before they go off sale. I think this will be replacing my Hairveda SitriNillah Deep Conditioner. :yep:

pre-pooing/dc now with Quantum moisturizing co and 1 whole egg for 30 min. I plan on shampooing this out while in the shower and doing a quick cw.

Washed with Shescentit Jojoba Hemp shampoo & DC with the Fortifying Cond. with heat. I followed up with Qhemet Leave-IN and moisturizers.

Doing an overnight dcw with Nature's Gate Jojoba Revitalizing Conditioner :D

Did a DC on dry hair with a combo of AO GPB/HSR and K-Pak Leave In for fine hair - let it dry overnight (last night) rinsed shampooed with Jonathan Ionic Balance and followed up Kenra MC rinsed and used Kerastase Leave in...

i've been mixing my own... i don't know if I checked in but I did mentally joined LOL... this is fun but I think i need some protein on the next one...
1st i did an avacado/yogurt/bunch o' oils n' butter blend, then sealed with castor oil...
then i did a cantelope/banana/ bunch o' oils n' butter blend and sealed with castor oil...
might be balancing out with some motions silk protein tomorrow... my hair feels nice but it smells like nature LOL

I'm really having fun with my hair. I dced added olive oil with heat cap. I'm really noticing a difference when I use the heat cap and add olive oil too! My hair sheds half the hair if I do this combo

Prepooed with EVOO for 1 Hour. Washed with Keracare Hydrating Shampoo and DCd with Keracare Humecto (Thick version) for 1 hour.

checking in, I've been ill. I washed with CON (didnt like it.. will be using it as a body wash now lol). I deep conditioned with Neutragena's triple moisture with some evoo with a plastic cap with heat for 30 minutes.

Under the dryer now with Redken Heavy Cream and Butter Treat. I'm using it up this week and won't be rebuying. I love the products, but my principals are more important than my hair.:ohwell:

I pre-pooed last nite with Avocado Oil under a plastic cap. After coming from the gym, I added Lustrasilk Cholestrol Shea Butter to my hair under a plastic cap and cooked for 1 hr 30 minutes. Then, I shampooed and now, I am deep conditioning with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. Here is my starting photo after getting a relaxer this weekend:

Jan Jul Comparison.jpg

Last edited:
Aw man, I wish I could participate. I do not even have a deep conditioner at the moment and won't until I get some money. Well, good luck to everyone else!

I'm about to do a pre-poo with grapeseed/olive/vitamin E oil, then cowash with any one of my cheapie cons, then DC with AO White Camellia.

Doing an overnight dcw with Giovanni SAS Deeper Moisture :love: this stuff!

Hey tiffers, how did you like it?
Meh, I didn't like it :perplexed It felt great on my head and while rinsing. Bu when I got out of the shower, my hair was hard to handle, and it felt dry and stiff :ohwell: I really wanted to love it. I think I'll give one more NG conditioner a try, probably the aloe one. If I don't like it, I'm giving up on NG

I've been deep co-washing every other day. Tonight I used AO Camelia (trying to use it up) for about 3 hours.

DC on yesterday (Monday) with YTC/Aphogee 2 Minute Reconsturctor under my portable DC cap most of the day. I love this combo. YTC will be replacing my GVP Conditioning balm, since I bought two jars. It doesn't take a lot either, and I am very heavy handed with product. :yep:

I clarified on Saturday with hayashi clarifying shampoo the dced with butter treat natures therapy mega moisture. My hair felt great! Also dced yesterday with msm

Back