Summer '09 Deep condition every other day challenge

Its Wednesday. I just got off work, and I am DC'ing with YTC mixed with Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor, while wearing my portable heating cap. :yep:

I think (since I'm such a late-comer) I'll ride this one from the sidelines. But what I'd like to know is how is this bi-daily dc'ing effecting those with thick, 4a/b hair like mines that weigh down easily?

Would any of you mind sharing how you dried and styled with your updates? This stumps me with the cowashing ladies as well. If you're DCing every other day, do you usually DC at night, then air dry over night?Or, are you DCing in the morning and wet bunning? If you wet bun, you can't do a baggy, correct? I get so stuck when it comes to the drying and styling part, especially if it's going to be every other day. I can't imagine doing a rollerset every other day. Thanks for your help.

Pre pooing right now with Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae Mask. I'll leave it in for a few hours
Later in the evening, I'll shampoo with Beauty Without Cruelty Moisture Plus Shampoo (it's my first time using it and I'm excited because I :heart3: the conditioner and leave-in)
Then I'll dc overnight with Giovanni Power Treatment. I already used this to co wash and loved it, I can't wait to see how well it works as a dc!

Would any of you mind sharing how you dried and styled with your updates? This stumps me with the cowashing ladies as well. If you're DCing every other day, do you usually DC at night, then air dry over night?Or, are you DCing in the morning and wet bunning? If you wet bun, you can't do a baggy, correct? I get so stuck when it comes to the drying and styling part, especially if it's going to be every other day. I can't imagine doing a rollerset every other day. Thanks for your help.
I deep condition overnight, then rinse in the morning and wet bun during the day. By the time I go to bed, my hair is still a little damp and I ponytail baggy overnight. Repeat the next day :D

Last edited:

I cowash, DC, moisturize, seal, and wet bun after my morning workout. At bed time, I moisturize,seal, and apply growth aids before baggying.

My hair will be in a bun until I reach full BSL. After that I will begin to wear my hair down and enjoy it. I have no idea what my reggie will be then. HTH

Good ?. I rollerset every other day, airdry overnight, and dry if needed in the morning. It is a lot of work. I don't quite get the wet bunning. My hair is SL but super thick, and by bun or pony is a HAM! :lachen:

I am co-washing and deep conditioning with Regis Olive Oil Conditioner combined with castor oil & grapeseed oil.

Dc'd with LeKair + ORS 4 hours, no heat on Sunday. Finding it difficult to workout, cw, & dc every other day. May have to renege on this one. I'm doing my amla cw everyday for 5-15 min on dry hair after working out, does that count?

Meh, I didn't like it :perplexed It felt great on my head and while rinsing. Bu when I got out of the shower, my hair was hard to handle, and it felt dry and stiff :ohwell: I really wanted to love it. I think I'll give one more NG conditioner a try, probably the aloe one. If I don't like it, I'm giving up on NG

Oh no :sad:!

I've been dc'ing every other night and sleeping with a plastic cap and my scarf on my head after I have used my heating cap for at least a half hour. I'm too lazy to get in the shower at night and then in then in the morning. After dc'ing, I do one of two things. I wet bun for the first day and then bantu knot on the second or I will cowash on both days and wet bun and just walk around with wet hair for a few days. HTH!

I deep conditioned last night with AO HSR. I meant to rinse it out last night, but fell asleep. So, this morning, I rinsed, ACV rinsed, put in Giovanni Direct, coconut oil, and made a wet ponytail. Still need to learn to make a bun.

The AO HSR made my hair very soft, which was great considering my dc dry/puffy disaster on Sunday. I'm probably going to try out the Alter Ego tomorrow.

I think (since I'm such a late-comer) I'll ride this one from the sidelines. But what I'd like to know is how is this bi-daily dc'ing effecting those with thick, 4a/b hair like mines that weigh down easily?

Hi hun, I have thick 4a/b hair and the bi-daily DCing doesnt weigh my hair down at all. It actually makes it have more "swang" when I decide to wear it down. The Dcing really helps with my moisture issues and boosts the overall health of my hair.

I deep co-washed last night with Organix Shea Butter con. I'm so happy to be finally using up some of this conditioner.

Dc'ing right now with AO HSR/EVCO/Avocado oil mixture. I got my Qhemet stuff in the mail today and I'm soooo excited I don't know which moisturizer to try! The CTDG, AOHC or BRBC?!

Clarified with Avalon Organics Babassu Clarifying Conditioner

Dc'ing overnight with AO HSR :lick:

Dc'd with LeKair + ORS 4 hours, no heat on Sunday. Finding it difficult to workout, cw, & dc every other day. May have to renege on this one. I'm doing my amla cw everyday for 5-15 min on dry hair after working out, does that count?

I was having a similar problem but changed my cw to dc by putting on the condish under a shower cap while working out, then rinsing. Still have the conflict of washing my hair in the am when I work out vs pm when my hair won't be wet most of the day. This is my toughest challenge for that reason. :ohwell:

By the way, dcing now with nature's therapy and butter treat :lick:

I cwed and I am deep conditioning under the hair dryer with Nature's Gate Jojoba Conditioner with honey and castor w/grapeseed oil.

Started on Friday night

Pre-poo with Affirm Sustenance Treatment
Wash w/ PC poo
Overnight DC w/ AOHSR

Co washed with Aquage Healing Conditioner

Dc'ing with Kenra Platinum Shea Butter Reconstructor. I'll be leaving it on overnight :D

I was supposed to dc last night but I kept putting it off until I fell asleep. So, I've fallen off the wagon on this challenge and am having a hard time adjusting to my new hhj -- I think it's mostly being uncomfortable with styling after the wash is done (I'm 12 weeks post and since I spent so much money on hair products this month after discovering LHCF, I decided to try to stretch to 16 weeks and spend the money on the relaxer next month--so there is A LOT of new growth). I did attempt a make-shift bun today, adding in some fake human hair I had from two years ago.

I missed yesterday because there was no time to do so. However, I pre-pooed with Ulta Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner for 2-3 hours, then I shampooed and deep conditioned with Regis Designline Olive Oil Conditioner for 30 minutes. I may co-wash tomorrow as a punishment for yesterday.

Just checkin' in - just sittin' up here at work with Tigi Dumb Blonde still in my hair from this morning (it was one of those "I don't give a d*** mornings") threw a claw clip in- I guess that it what they are called. Rinsin' when I get to the house

Sorry, I haven't checked in lately.:perplexed
DC'ed Saturday with Jasmine's Reconstructing and followed with Nourishing Bath and Moisture Renewal.

Today Dc'ed with Redken Heavy Cream and Butter Treat (I am determined to use this stuff up and the tubes seem bottomless.) Used Redken Detangler as a leave-in.

Back