Summer '09 Deep condition every other day challenge

I'm not consistent with anything especially when I'm feeling lazy so I'm officially watching and unofficially joining :look:

I am going to co-wash with Mane N Tail Moisturizing & Texturizing Conditioner and deep condition with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner as soon as I am done typing. I will only be able to deep condition on Tuesday because Friday I will be getting a touchup. So, I will rejoin after Tuesday next week.

Doing an overnight dcw with Beauty Without Cruelty Aromatherapy Conditioner

Its Monday, and I just got off work, so...I am about to deep condition with GVP Condition Balm and Aphogee 2 Minute under this new portable baggie thingy that I found on Ebay. Here is pic of it:

b2b13d10.jpg

It is plastic with aluminum foil type stuff, and those little white balls are styrofoam. I will let you know how it goes :yep:

ETA: LOVE this baggy! :yep:

Last edited:
I'm loving this. Dc'd on Friday with Lekair + ORS Olive oil for 30 w/ht. Again on Sunday with UBH on dry hair for 25 w/ht + 2 hours of lazy time. I love this con better on dry hair. Did a light coating in sections (unlike my usual heavy handed applications). Great results. Think I'll do a 2-moisture, 1-protein rotation.

I am currently under the dryer with Banana Brulee topped with coconut oil. My new growth really felt soft after today's co-wash with VO-5. I know it isn't because of the Vo-5 because I have been using it for a while.

I think it's either the extra DCing or JBCO. Either way I'm happy.:dance7:

Checkin in ladies...

I deep conditioned on Wed. with Silicon Mix w/heat for 40 mins. On Friday, I dc'd with DPR-11/no heat for 1 hr. On Sunday, I dc'd with Mizani Moisturefuze no heat for 1 hr. I trimmed my ends (1 inch) on Wed.

Attachments

• Starting pic me.jpg
    Starting pic me.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 9
I DC'ed overnight with Joico kpak conditioner last night. I worked out tonight so I'm going to do a quick dc with YTC mud mask.

I'll be shampooing tonight with Kenra Platinum Shampoo

Then I'll dc overnight with Icon InnerMoisture At-Home Mask

I'm already in the other dc challenge. I was dcing 3x/wk but cut back to 2 dt my schedule. I'm thinking if I do an overnight dc I can get back up to 3/wk. I'm in! I won't start until at least a week from now though because I am texlaxing tomorrow.

Dcing right now! Sprayed hair with Jherri Redding Natural Protein, then covered with Lekair + ORS Olive oil pack for 25 min w/heat. Will follow with amla co-wash.

Glad to be a part of this challenge, especially since I've already been doing this for about a month or so now. I love my hair so much more since I've been doing this. Just to think....I used to be scared for my hair to touch water prior to my weekly wash and flat iron. I alternate mainly between HairVeda and Shescentit conditioners. Oh, let me not forget HairOne!

how is everyone doing with this challenge?
I'm doing great! My hair is loving all of the overnight'd dc'ing and I'll finally be able to make a dent in my conditioner stash! :lol:

I'm using so many conditioners through this challenge, I can't even think of all of them, but a few are...

AO HSR
AO Rosa Mosqueta
AO White Camellia
Beauty Without Cruelty Aromatherapy Conditioner
Giovanni SAS
Giovanni Power Treatment
.... And more that I can't think of

Just checkin' in - washed hair with Jonathan Ionic Balance - used Emergencee - followed up with MOP Extreme -rinsed - used Kerastase Leave In

I am pre-pooed now with the Nature's Gate Herbal Daily Conditioner with Avocado Oil and I washed my hair and deep conditioned with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner with heat for 43 minutes.

Last edited:
I just made a lovely concoction of avocado, dried rosemary, safflower oil and fresh garlic and threw it all in the blender, slapped it on my head and left if for around 8 hours (THE SMELL THE SMELL) but after shampooing out- my hair was super soft! :yep:

Well given my hair's thirst and the heat, I will be inviting myself into this one. :yep:
Since I workout daily before work, I'll dry condition while working up a sweat (hope my new sweatband keeps it out of my eyes :look:), then rinse. I am a PJ, so I have tons of conditioners and oils to choose from. :grin:
My avatar is from last year and here is a pic from a few months ago (will take another soon).
IMG_0124-vi.jpg

Its Wednesday, and I am deep conditioning with GVP Condition Balm and Aphogee 2 Minute under my new portable deep conditioning cap. I love that thing. :yep:

missed my check in yesterday... I deep conditioned with beyond the zone hair mask for 45 minutes with a plastic cap and heat.... still looking for that elusive super soft hair after the wash out.

Back