Summer '09 Deep condition every other day challenge

For me personally, I will be using the following deep conditioners:
(1) Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, Kenra Color Care Conditioner
(2) Nature's Gate Product Line of Conditioners
(3)MillCreek Botantical Conditioners--Henna
(4) and any other conditioners That I have.

Okay...i need to join this.
I just got braids put in and i was seriously considering not dc'ing the whole time they were in just so i wouldn't have to re-do my hairline as often:ohwell::nono:.

Then i just read Mane andChic's new feature say she uses foil(wrapped around her head with her hair in a bun) to dc,and i can't wait to try it. I hate sitting under that dryer!
Please add me!!

Same here, but I think I will join. I am going to start going to the gym every other day. So I will have to co-wash more often. I will just add to the list, and dc those days.

I am so tempted to join this challenge, but I'm stretching & the detangling might be a problem. I think I will practice DCing while keeping my hair "in place" before committing. I can't wait to see the results, though!

i would love to join.. i already dc 2x a week... i find that dcing is a stress reliever for me and also something to do instead of eating

Hey ladies. Count me in. This will be my first challenge. I'm doing protein tx now. Good luck. I will post pics after I' done with this hair.

Hi Ladies,

I'm in! I'm a newbie and I also a student so I'm on a budget. I'm going to use those $1.49 olive oil deep conditioner packs that are at cvs. Also, how often should I be doing protein?

Hi Ladies,

I'm in! I'm a newbie and I also a student so I'm on a budget. I'm going to use those $1.49 olive oil deep conditioner packs that are at cvs. Also, how often should I be doing protein?

Girl you know they come in a bottle now. Have been for some time. Its much more cost effective to buy it that way. I lurrrve that conditioner mixed with porosity control. OMG...talk about soft, supple, and tangle free hair!

Lexi,

the days that we aren't deep conditioning...should we be doing a protein treatment? i usually do a protein treatment twice a week...should I up that?

Well I dont like to put my protein treatments on a schedule. I do them on a needed basis. If my hair starts feeling like it needs some protein, I give it some. I just know from experience that with added moisture comes the need to give the hair protein more often.

Checking in....

I deep conditioned today with Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment for 45 minutes with a plastic cap.

Last edited:
It was protein day for me. I used all Shescentit products to see how they would work together. I shampooed with Jojoba Hemp shamp, dc with heat using Fortifying Mask, and followed up with 15 minutes of Avocado with Heat. I still have it in my hair.

I Plan to use Moisture Mist as a Leave-in and seal with Seyana Butter.

Anyone else get started today?

^^Yup, I dc'ed overnight with a mixture of coconut oil/AO Island Naturals/Aussie 3 min deeeep. I actually still have it in my hair, today has been a very lazy Sunday. I'll be washing it out sometime soon...........

i deep conditioned twice this weekend. once with oyin HH conditioner and once with kbb deep conditioner. i love both these conditioners and my hair is feeling sweeeettttt right now.

Checking in ladies,

Pre-pooing now and will shampoo then deep condition my hair with a moisturizing conditioner/1 egg for an hour.

I just co-washed from working out and I am sitting under the dryer deep conditioning with Nature's Gate Herbal Daily Conditioner mixed with Honey. My hair needs some moisture. I will be back on Tuesday reporting.

Alright ladies, I'm officially joining! I just dc'd overnight last night with AO HSR and my hair feels great! :grin:

Here's my starting pic, my hair is uneven cause dh does my cuts/trims/dustings and he accidentally cut it uneven :ohwell:

364727570.jpg

Checking in....

I deep conditioned today with Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment for 45 minutes with a plastic cap.

Count me in! My natural hair could use the moisture! I deep conditioned yesterday with Hairveda Stri-Nilla. So, I will do my next treatment Tuesday while I am watching Real Housewives of NJ Reunion!

Last edited:
:grin::grin:count me in also! i just got highlights and a new base color so my hair NEEDS as much conditioning as it can get. Thanks for the challenge. It's my first so im hella excited!:grin::grin::grin:

Ok I'm in my AO HSR is in the post, I'll start as soon as it arrives, I'm past SL and want to be APL by the end of summer (wishful thinking!)

Please count me in! I deep conditioned this evening with NTM Mask. i took my starting pic and will post as soon as I research "how to" details. This is my first challenge. :spinning:

Add me! Add me! I am going to do this since it is summer. Though I did not officially join the baggying challenge, I do it about 4-5 times a week. I think it is working for me. I just co-wash yesterday, so I will start in the morning. But tonight, baggying (whole head):yep:

Will post starting pics to this post soon.

Checking in:
DC with Alter Ego under a warm dryer for 20 minutes today after a co-wash with Suave.

Will moisturize & seal after my hair dries a little more.

Back