Summer '09 Deep condition every other day challenge

I took my sew in out! I deep conditioned last night with CON and since my hair feels so freaking lifeless, I'm giving it a protein treatment tonight. I'm thinking of relaxing this week or next week....I dont know.

I'm in. My ends are getting a bit too dry for my liking. Plus, this post partum shedding ain't no joke. I need a lot of TLC to get me through the summer. It needs to be washed but here's my starting pic:

img1444e.jpg

I shampooed and deep conditioned my hair with Regis Olive Oil Hair Conditioner mixed with some honey since I am post 9.5 weeks for 40 minutes.

I shampooed with Joico K-Pak, DC'd without heat with Nexxus Emergencee for 8 hours (I fell asleep :blush:) and rinsed. I then applied the Joico K-Pak conditioner (not reconstructor) for 2 minutes, rinsed and used the Mizani Night-time intense with Joico Daily conditioner. I then braided my hair for a braid out.

This combination has been VERY good for my hair.:yep:

im going to deep condition overnight tonight with a mix of curl junkie hibiscus and banana deep fix and avocado oil

Washed yesterday with ORS Aloe chelating. My hair had buildup. Then DC without heat with GVP Conditioning Balm and Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor. Left on my hair about 12 hours. Rinsed, added leave ins and sealed with oil, then whole head baggy :yep:

I DC'd last night with ORS olive oil replenishing conditioner and Hask henna and placenta. After rinsing I baggied my ends with conditioner and shea butter.

Pre pooing right now with Urban Elements Deep Conditioner

In a few hours I'll shampoo it out with DermOrganics Moisturizing Sulfate-Free Shampoo with Argan Oil

Then I'll dc overnight with L'anza Healing Moisture Moi Moi Treatment Mask

Checking in....

I deep conditioned today with Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment for 45 minutes with a plastic cap.

Almost done with the silk elements.. I may switch to nutregena triple moisture mask.. hmmm dont know yet!

deep conditioned/pre co washed on dry hair for 30 minutes with ORS mayo then co washed with vo5 blackberry sage conditioner.

I'm a bit late, but I would like to join the challenge. I haven't been moisturizing my hair regularly for 6... to 8 months. :look:

DC'ed overnight with Joico Intense Hydrator after a protein treatment with Joico Deep Penetrating Reconstructor last night.

Alright, I rinsed out the L'anza mask and did a quick co wash with So Sexy :gorgeous: My hair smells and feels so fabulous. I keep rubbing my newgrowth and smelling my fingers :giggle:

You ladies are doing great! Keep up the good work. I love overnight DCing, my hair always comes out fabulous! And for all the late comers, of course you can still join. I'll be updating the list as soon as I get a chance.

I went swimming yesterday and didnt get a chance to do my DC session since I was out an about until super late last night. But since I'm thinking I may relax in a few days, I'll probably have to skip a few DCing sessions until then.

Washed with Hairone Olive Oil, DC w/o heat with GVP Conditioning Balm and Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor. Rinsed. Added leave ins, MT mixture to scalp, and sealed with Vatika frosting. Baggied. I will be doing this exact regimen every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday because of my work schedule. :yep:

hey ladies! you all seem to be doing great! i co washed with suave humectant, then did a dc with mega-tek last night because since my hair is colored, plus i have platinum highlights, i need all the protein i can get. Then i rinsed, and did a deep conditioning with the Aussie 3 minute moisturizing condish. for the first time ever, i was able to comb through my super thick curly hair with no breakage!!!!!

Checkin' in - Shampooed with Kenra MS - followed up Aphogee 2 minute - rinsed - used Kerastase Leave in - rollerset....

My stylist from a few years ago had her clients on this type a regimen (every other day) and wrote a "prescription" (what shampoo, condishes to use/how to use, etc) for each client...(I moved) but she was ahead of her time.....(For those who are relaxed) her motto was that "when you bend your hair down - your hair should go with you"

Anyone that is doing this challenge - your hair will really thrive - I can definitely testify to that - It can be tedious but it definitely will pay off...

Got a little wordy

Checkin' in - Shampooed with Kenra MS - followed up Aphogee 2 minute - rinsed - used Kerastase Leave in - rollerset....

My stylist from a few years ago had her clients on this type a regimen (every other day) and wrote a "prescription" (what shampoo, condishes to use/how to use, etc) for each client...(I moved) but she was ahead of her time.....(For those who are relaxed) her motto was that "when you bend your hair down - your hair should go with you"

Anyone that is doing this challenge - your hair will really thrive - I can definitely testify to that - It can be tedious but it definitely will pay off...

Got a little wordy

I can definitely agree with that. I did this before in the summer of 2005 and I have yet to see my hair make the kind of transformation it made during that summer. The results are phenomenal.

Well, I WAS gonna do an Aphogee treatment, but I decided against it. My hair needs uber moisture right now. I'll be dc'ing overnight with L'anza Healing Moisture Kukui Nut Conditioner

Checking in.. deep conditioned with neutragena triple moisture mask for 45 minutes with a plastic cap.. didnt like how my felt after I washed it out.... sigh!!! I'm still looking for a good deep conditioner that leaves my hair super soft

I really need to up my deep conditioning. Count me in! This challenge should really encourage growth. I'm really trying to work on the thickness, My starting pic is in my siggy. This will keep me motivated

It is shampooed Naked Naturals Awauphi & Lavendar Color-Treated Shampoo and then, I deep conditioned with Designline Regis Olive Oil Conditioner mixed with honey. I am leaving the plastic cap on for 1 hour and half without heat.

Back