Staying for the lifestyle? Yay or Nah?

Would you leave a husband and great lifestyle if you found out he is cheating?

• Yes! I have too much self respect. Buh Bye!

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No! Love conquers all. We will get through this together.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Stay for the lifestyle and getting a boyfriend on the side!

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
:lol::lol::lol:
Your post cracked me up.
I agree, some women are meant for the average Joe and others can handle a wealthy man.
I think she us kicking herself because she is struggling and unhappy.

I really do think when women enter into a marriage or relationship with an extremely wealthy man you have to have a certain king of mental capacity.
Meaning very clever, aware and shrewd.
I'm not saying don't love him but there is so much temptation thrown at these guys because they are wealthy.
You have to be able to deal with that.

I totally agree. I think whenever you're the wife of a wealthy man, you kind of have to assume you're going to be cheated on and be laser focused on getting what you want out of the relationship.

I really don't think of these women in the same way I think of wives of average joes. In life, nothing good comes easy. These women live in the lap of luxury and don't have to lift a finger and so what are they bringing to the table?? A great personality? Their men probably feel entitled to cheat. Or if they're not getting cheated on, they're probably putting up with some other type of crap. When the woman and man are on more equal footing then it's more about the relationship.

It's hard to say when I'm not in the situation. But I see her point. I just hope that in any bad life altering situation, I'm able to take my time and decide. I may not divorce you right away, but after a year or two of thinking about it, I might make that move. I don't see a need to rush unless the behavior is abusive.

That read was so utterly depressing. Being a woman really sucks sometimes. I cannot even imagine sucking that up to keep a lifestyle. I'd die of depression. I'd be unhappy every single day of my life with a man like that mansion or not.

I wouldn't stay cos I'd be able to keep up the lifestyle on my own.

If I couldn't, I don't think I'd leave immediately. I'll stay, and have my side piece until my kids are all set up in great careers (while stacking my millions).

Once I realized he was a cheat I would begin to accrue my own assets and his money for a rainy day. She acted to quickly on her emotions and made a mess of her own life. She knew exactly who she married.

I advise every woman to establish a secret stash from the moment he proposes onward. This is what my aunts and Mom drilled into all of us.

There are many women who consciously turn a blind eye to cheating with wealthy and average Joe husbands. I've posted about my aunt who stayed with her cheating husband for over 35 years although he had TWO outside kids with his mistress. He denied those kids and the affair until the day he died, from a painful debilitating illness. He literally confessed on his deathbed. She left him, once, but moved back in after a short time. I've never asked why she stayed but they were raising 4 kids. I think it's easier to pretend the affair isn't happening. Once someone tells you or presents proof, you have to react. I doubt she wanted to leave at that moment and feel like others forced her hand.

She planned a wonderful funeral. The outside kids were invited and added to the program. She met her new husband shortly thereafter. He actually met her in a store and came looking for her with the few details he learned in the aisle.

I might have just cremated him and left the ashes at the mistresses doorstep.

Last edited:
There are many women who consciously turn a blind eye to cheating with wealthy and average Joe husbands. I've posted about my aunt who stayed with her cheating husband for over 35 years although he had TWO outside kids with his mistress. He denied those kids and the affair until the day he died, from a painful debilitating illness. He literally confessed on his deathbed. She left him, once, but moved back in after a short time. I've never asked why she stayed but they were raising 4 kids. I think it's easier to pretend the affair isn't happening. Once someone tells you or presents proof, you have to react. I doubt she wanted to leave at that moment and feel like others forced her hand.

She planned a wonderful funeral. The outside kids were invited and added to the program. She met her new husband shortly thereafter. He actually met her in a store and came looking for her with the few details he learned in the aisle.

I might have just cremated him and left the ashes at the mistresses doorstep.

I'm so glad she found love soon and didn't morn for years.:yep:
Did the mistress come sashaying in like she owned the joint and had a right to sit on the front pew? :look:

Honestly my take on this is that the author completely gave her identity up to her husband and marriage.
She had no income of her own to support herself and her children.
She made no wealthy contacts or friendships of her own to continue to be invited to the parties.
She was not proactive enough in the circle to maintain the lifestyle.

Completely agree with this. Sounds like she misses the lifestyle more than she misses her husband. It's kind of her own fault that the doors to that lifestyle are closed to her or at least not as open as they once were.

It's a shame, AIDS, cancer, humiliation and outside kids is just not worth it. It's best that women smarten up and have some funds and a have a plan. I plan on having a solid prenup too.

I think the part of relationships that people don't like to acknowledge is the accounting aspect of it. Most people focus on love and don't look at bills and lifestyle. When eyes are wide open and no one is delusional about their relationship then lots of things can be tolerated. I think people get hurt when they get ranked into reality.

Back