Party Crashing Or Nah?

What kind of weird mess is this? Some baby mama that is no longer in the family and never really was if you want to be technical about it, is trying to throw a "family" gathering and exclude people? Exactly who do you think you are lady? You're not even IN the family! :lachen:

Me and my family would fix her all the way up. We don't play that stuff and will close ranks in a minute.
:lachen: THIS. None of this makes any sense.

I'm sorry and please don't waste any energy being mad. This is hysterical when you think about it. It is plain foolishness. Don't acknowledge foolishness, move away from it.:lachen:

Hmm... @hopeful might be onto something. I also wonder if she's planning to ask for financial support during this dinner. That would probably explain why she doesn't want the SOs there.
This is why she would need the SOs there. No one makes decisions without their spouse/future spouse. The decisions will affect their whole family. So if this is the case she's still wack. And if she wants to join the ranks, you should not exclude them in the first place. Still I would not fight to go, I'd just not attend and I would hope your hubby would stand by you on this point. She'll get the message soon, that you are a package deal.

This is why she would need the SOs there. No one makes decisions without their spouse/future spouse. The decisions will affect their whole family. So if this is the case she's still wack. And if she wants to join the ranks, you should not exclude them in the first place. Still I would not fight to go, I'd just not attend and I would hope your hubby would stand by you on this point. She'll get the message soon, that you are a package deal.

Unfortunately they sometimes do so it's probably still worth a shot to her :look:.

I have a couple of friends who have husbands giving away more of the pay cheque to family than they would like. Guilt, overwhelming feelings of obligation and the sight of a few tears can have men telling family that they may be able to help without talking to the wife.

Unfortunately they sometimes do so it's probably still worth a shot to her :look:.

I have a couple of friends who have husbands giving away more of the pay cheque to family than they would like. Guilt, overwhelming feelings of obligation and the sight of a few tears can have men telling family that they may be able to help without talking to the wife.
You are completely and utterly right. In an ideal world it wouldn't work like this but family dynamics change things.

I'm with @hopeful on this one. I wouldn't put much effort into it and I or either my husband would call her up and ask what's going on. I'm more of a direct person though and don't like all the guessing and games.

Maybe she's having issues with the children? If they are boys, maybe she needs some male help and guidance with them. Maybe she wants his uncles to talk with them about safe sex? Maybe the kids are asking about their ancestry and she doesn't know how to answer? Do the uncles have a "relationship" with the children now, or maybe want one? Who knows, but the only way to know would be to ask.

I also wouldn't just show up, OP. Not without a phone call first. I would have my DH call and ask what's going on and that you're tagging along as well.

I'm with @hopeful on this one. I wouldn't put much effort into it and I or either my husband would call her up and ask what's going on. I'm more of a direct person though and don't like all the guessing and games.

Maybe she's having issues with the children? If they are boys, maybe she needs some male help and guidance with them. Maybe she wants his uncles to talk with them about safe sex? Maybe the kids are asking about their ancestry and she doesn't know how to answer? Do the uncles have a "relationship" with the children now, or maybe want one? Who knows, but the only way to know would be to ask.

I also wouldn't just show up, OP. Not without a phone call first. I would have my DH call and ask what's going on and that you're tagging along as well.

Well I can't remember who stated it, but it was basically to convey I'm still very much family who love you guys dinner. No issues with finances or children, just one of don't forget about me.

And the spouses couldn't be there for that because???

She wanted the dinner filled with him as the main topic. Ego gets in the way when I'm around, because I know his status. That little expression of love came at the end while everyone was departing from the meal. I think if I was not in attendance he would have been the topic, to which the siblings get so tired of hearing about.

Last edited:
^^^Hmmm....k...no. She sounds like the type to make a move on one of them in order to stay in the family. She is not trustworthy at all. Your hubby does not need to go.

She is a baby mama who is only connected to your BIL and possibly his parents (they are the grandparents). Why should the rest of you have to deal with her? It's like when you get divorced, your dealings with the other family dwindle. Is baby mama hoping that you'll put in a good word for her so that when he is released they can get together again? He already has another girlfriend so there is potential for another baby mama to be created. You can love her from a distance.

She is a baby mama who is only connected to your BIL and possibly his parents (they are the grandparents). Why should the rest of you have to deal with her? It's like when you get divorced, your dealings with the other family dwindle. Is baby mama hoping that you'll put in a good word for her so that when he is released they can get together again? He already has another girlfriend so there is potential for another baby mama to be created. You can love her from a distance.

Yeah... I agree. The attachment just seems so unhealthy and obsessive. I couldn't imagine having someone in my life who just refuses to move on. Who uses having children as an excuse to cling.

She wanted the dinner filled with him as the main topic. Ego gets in the way when I'm around, because I know his status. That little expression of love came at the end while everyone was departing from the meal. I think if I was not in attendance he would have been the topic, to which the siblings get so tired of hearing about.
Ooooh... so you did go?

Back