Spinoff: Your perception of white men--are they less virile or masculine?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Ladies, I don't want to start a flaming war, but I'm interested in your perception of white men in comparison to black men in terms of their degree of masculinity. I had a very interesting discussion with a friend of mine just yesterday on how frustrated I am with this white guy that I dated who is not very masculine at all. In fact he is so passive and how turned off it left me. Now, I'm not attracted to this guy at all and I'm wondering if it's partly because I perceive him to be less virile or masculine.

Well, she says the following to me: you know, white men aren't as masculine as the brothers. It's hard to find a white guy who isn't soft.

What do you ladies think about this? What have your experiences been and do you think my friend is right?

White men have the entire WORLD on lock! Heck no they ain't less virile or masculine. They are singlehandedly punking everyone under the sun. :ohwell:

eta:

The white men I know my show their aggression differently than black men but they are by no means soft or softer. not at all. jmo.

Last edited:
Honey, I think that was just him. I'm trying to get my white guy to tone down on the machismo - but it ain't happenin'. :grin:

I totally agree. I think it has to do with the man. I've dated black men that where passive (aggressive) and white men that were way macho. Latin men are the wildest to me. I think of them as hard on the outside, soft in the middle. just my $.02.

Obviously, men of all races differ in how assertive, aggressive, masculine or anything else they are. My experience with my own husband is that he is very assertive and "masculine" (going by my own definition of that word). Sometimes I wish he would tone it down a notch.

White men have the entire WORLD on lock! Heck no they ain't less virile or masculine. They are singlehandedly punking everyone under the sun. :ohwell:

eta:

The white men I know my show their aggression differently than black men but they are by no means soft or softer. not at all. jmo.

:yep::yep::yep: I must say you've made an excellent point! I never thought of it this way.

eta:

Yes I agree with this.

I haven't run into very many I would consider "Alpha Males". I've met many more black and spanish men with "aura" to spare than white men. JMO

eta:

I agree! I find it more sexy when men are like this anyway - black or white.

eta:

TRUE, TRUE! My SO is white and some people might think he's "soft" just by looking at him! :grin: and he IS in some areas, but in other areas, boyfriend is off the hook! For example, he's aggressive when driving (I make sure I drive when are out and about!) and negotiating business. Don't let a telemarketer call the house... Dayum, I feel sorry for them when he's done :nono:

Back