Spinoff: Being a "goddess" vs. being a gold-digger or b!@&#

Glib Gurl

As someone who is working hard to uncover and celebrate her worth, both when it comes to the dating world and the rest of the world, I am having a little trouble distinguishing between being a goddess and being a gold-digger/b!tch. I am not talking about the obvious things like being rude or berating men - but I swear more and more I feel like I am hearing men complain that (black) women just want men to buy them things. For me and probably many other women here, being a goddess is about not settling about the type of person I want. (I am sorry - I have a professional degree; therefore, I at least want to be with a man who can spell correctly!) Someone like my mom would say that I am being TOO picky. (But seriously I love to read and write - so words are very important to me.)

I am rambling here so let me just ask you - what is the difference between being a goddess and a *****? Is there a difference?

Discuss!

I'll answer more later, but I think the main thing you should do is stop listening to men who like to complain. So tune all of them the hell out (and even if you need to tune ya mama out, do that... I had to sometimes), define what your values and standards are and then stick to them like white on rice.

No quarter.

(Obviously, I mean reasonable standards... like demanding that a man be 6'4" with an eight-pack might be too picky.)

a goddess is about getting it for herself, a gold digger looks to get it from others

a goddess knows her worth comes from within, a gold digger defines her worth by what surronds her

be back later to add more

I'll answer more later, but I think the main thing you should do is stop listening to men who like to complain. So tune all of them the hell out (and even if you need to tune ya mama out, do that... I had to sometimes), define what your values and standards are and then stick to them like white on rice.

No quarter.

(Obviously, I mean reasonable standards... like demanding that a man be 6'4" with an eight-pack might be too picky.)

ITA. I think men like this fixate on the wrong female, try to "buy" her, get taken advantage of, and complain to nice girls.

My man needs to be generous with me, just like I have to fulfill certain roles.

#kanye shrug

Last edited:
Ladies thank you for this feedback - you are making some excellent points! And yeah, my "must haves" have more to do with what's on the inside . . . .

if you run into alot of men who are complaining about women only wanting them and using them for money, they are misusing their money with women......they are using it to "get" women vs getting women on his character and then spending it on her.....people who complain alot about the opposite sex and bad relationships have some real issues of their own to work on

A gold-digger is a woman/girl that wants a man for what he has or just sees dollar signs

A goddess is a woman that sees a man for his character not his cash and plans to add beauty and love to his life.

A Goddess recognizes the God in men and as long as he is open sets forth to bring the GOD out of him....she recognizes herself a Divine Goddess first and foremost..in this process men go out of their way for her and love her and she loves them

Most broke negro's talk about women being gold diggers. Put them fools on ignore because they have no gold to dig. I don't understand that.

Back