So My Niece Says She Hates Men...

perfumenista

is this normal? Should i be concerned?

She is a 90s baby and as far as I know has not suffered any abuse from a male. She grew up with both parents, is attractive, educated, and fit. Doesn't have too many male friends though.

Is this a phase she will eventually grow out of? Generational thing? I know the men of her generation leave ALOT to be desired, but is this a common sentiment among young bw?

Hate is a strong word. Maybe she dislikes things men are allowed to do versus women in society.

I am just learning to understand men :look:. I grew up around a lot of women, single mothers at that so I really didn't know what role men fulfilled.

I can understand her feelings. I do not think she has to be a lesbian either. Men have the upperhand in dating and they know it. Many do not feel like they even have to be respectful or to woo a woman. You would think there'd be a respite in dealing with older men but many are even worse.

I am not sure she hates men or is just venting but I can see her frustration.

She mentioned not liking the way men have historically treated women, also mentioned that most of the problems women have are caused by men.

Two parent home you say? Both sisters are having issues you say? Maybe they know something about their dad/parent's marriage.

Hate is a strong word. Maybe she dislikes things men are allowed to do versus women in society.

I am just learning to understand men :look:. I grew up around a lot of women, single mothers at that so I really didn't know what role men fulfilled.

i have always wanted children. Lots of children. One day I realized that there wasn't a man anywhere in my fantasy :perplexed:. But I was raised by a housewife-turned-single parent. It's still surprising to me how our experience shapes us on some of the deepest levels.

'Normal' is a relative term and she may simply prefer the company of women.

:look:

She has a point here.... If she doesn't like men leave her be. Sometimes I feel the exact same way :look:
If you have similar feeling, how are your interactions with men both professionally and personally? I'm having a hard time with the idea that she hates one half of the population. Just by their sheer numbers, they are unavoidable on some level. how do you cope?

She mentioned not liking the way men have historically treated women, also mentioned that most of the problems women have are caused by men.
For this very reason I disliked men from 16-21. Never dated until 21 and self-identified as asexual. Hell i'm already bored of my current relationship. And no I am not a lesbian although I have family members who are waiting with high hopes to "out me".

If you have similar feeling, how are your interactions with men both professionally and personally? I'm having a hard time with the idea that she hates one half of the population. Just by their sheer numbers, they are unavoidable on some level. how do you cope?
I think you are taking it too far.

She uttered a sentiment. It doesn't mean that she can't get along with men or not make it in the world.

I'm sure she knows that she doesn't hate every single man.

You are taking her statement and running off the deep end with it.

Any man who is around me would actually tell you I'm kind/pleasant and quiet. I'm no fool. I know how to interact with people but I rarely deal with men in my personal life. I avoid them. I am sexually attracted to men, definitely not lesbian or asexual. I sometimes like the company of men in my personal life but on my terms only. I guess I'm weird. *Shrugs*

Back