so, he broke things off

well, i guess friday the 13th strikes again. lolol btw, this is just a vent and is kind of long. i've been dating an older man (he's about 10 years older than me) for the past few months. he was always the perfect gentleman, and was very intelligent. we'd usually speak almost daily for a few hours each day, and would meet up often for lunch or drinks. after a while, he began to express his interest in sex with me. i explained to him that i wanted to take things slow, and he understood my reasons.

not to long ago we were talking, and he made a comment about people wasting his time, and he doesn't prefer to deal with people like that. the comment didn't seem to be directed towards me, but then when i started thinking about the conversation, and wondering if he was hinting at something, but thought maybe i was "overanalyzing things" i've been having a really rough week, and he mentioned taking me out since i've been really stressed. so, we meet up yesterday, and he was there with a couple of his friends, and we had alot of fun. i didn't drink much, but forgot that i hadn't really eaten anything all day, so, i got very tipsy. when i asked him if i could sleep on his couch, since i was really far from my place.

he told me he still lived with his sons mother but they weren't in a relationship. now, this was a complete shock to me, b/c we talked almost daily for hours. not to mention that his son 18 years old!! :nono::perplexed:wallbash: were my emotions when he told me this. i was furious b/c if i'd known that i never would've agreed to the date to begin with. and when i asked why he never told me this, his response was i never asked. :lachen: WOW. so, we ended up talking some more, and ended up fooling around, but i refused to have sex with him then he suddenly had to leave to go home. :perplexed so, i spoke with him today, and he tells me that he's gonna try to work things out with her, and apologized for misleading me. :ohwell: i appreciated his honesty, in atleast telling me, and not just avoiding me, but then i was even more confused b/c he just asked me this week to go on vacation with him. and if he was trying to work things out with her, why ask me out and introduce me to your friends? this is a retoricle question, i do know why and there is no point in questioning his logic. lolol

apart of me thinks he really broke things off b/c i wouldn't have sex with him, and he thought i was "wasting his time" i'm still in shock, b/c i really didn't see that coming. although when i look reflect on it, he would usually bring up the subject of sex alot. i'm glad we didn't have sex, b/c i know that i wouldn't be so calm, about this situation had we. my mind and judgement would've been clouded. the sad part is, i really did want to with him, it never seemed like the right time. :lachen:
you answered your own question....I have nothing to add to this except to tell you that the word is rhetorical.

Considered yourself blessed that he did you a favor and finally told the truth. Im also glad that you didn't sleep with him because it basically sounds like he was cheating. I dont buy the story at all that they were not together and he still staying there when his son is 18 years old.

Be glad you found out early on. Fact is, he was still with her anyway. That's a lame excuse saying that he just lives there for convenience or whatever. He knew you wouldn't come once you found that part out, so he was pretty much betting to go to your place. I'm glad to see you didn't succumb to his wish, your instincts told you right.

sheesh, i don't know why men still use that "I still live with my child's mother b/c she needs help with the bills but we're not together" line. SMH

They still use it because there are women that still believe it :nono:

I agree he was always with her. How if he was not with her is he gonna just all of a sudden decide, we're gonna try to work it out. Like you said the son is 18 not a baby.

He was stringing you along to see if he was gonna get some but when he discovered he was "wasting his time" he decided he was gonna move on.

He will never be faithful to his wife. He probably keeps a side piece.

well, i guess friday the 13th strikes again. lolol btw, this is just a vent and is kind of long. i've been dating an older man (he's about 10 years older than me) for the past few months. he was always the perfect gentleman, and was very intelligent. we'd usually speak almost daily for a few hours each day, and would meet up often for lunch or drinks. after a while, he began to express his interest in sex with me. i explained to him that i wanted to take things slow, and he understood my reasons.

not to long ago we were talking, and he made a comment about people wasting his time, and he doesn't prefer to deal with people like that. the comment didn't seem to be directed towards me, but then when i started thinking about the conversation, and wondering if he was hinting at something, but thought maybe i was "overanalyzing things" i've been having a really rough week, and he mentioned taking me out since i've been really stressed. so, we meet up yesterday, and he was there with a couple of his friends, and we had alot of fun. i didn't drink much, but forgot that i hadn't really eaten anything all day, so, i got very tipsy. when i asked him if i could sleep on his couch, since i was really far from my place.

he told me he still lived with his sons mother but they weren't in a relationship. now, this was a complete shock to me, b/c we talked almost daily for hours. not to mention that his son 18 years old!! :nono::perplexed:wallbash: were my emotions when he told me this. i was furious b/c if i'd known that i never would've agreed to the date to begin with. and when i asked why he never told me this, his response was i never asked. :lachen: WOW. so, we ended up talking some more, and ended up fooling around, but i refused to have sex with him then he suddenly had to leave to go home. :perplexed so, i spoke with him today, and he tells me that he's gonna try to work things out with her, and apologized for misleading me. :ohwell: i appreciated his honesty, in atleast telling me, and not just avoiding me, but then i was even more confused b/c he just asked me this week to go on vacation with him. and if he was trying to work things out with her, why ask me out and introduce me to your friends? this is a retoricle question, i do know why and there is no point in questioning his logic. lolol

apart of me thinks he really broke things off b/c i wouldn't have sex with him, and he thought i was "wasting his time" i'm still in shock, b/c i really didn't see that coming. although when i look reflect on it, he would usually bring up the subject of sex alot. i'm glad we didn't have sex, b/c i know that i wouldn't be so calm, about this situation had we. my mind and judgement would've been clouded. the sad part is, i really did want to with him, it never seemed like the right time. :lachen:

This is me at 19 with a 42 year old man, only I didn't fool around with him. After the 2nd date I peeped his game. Don't fall for the okey doke.

AND stop fooling around with men until you know all of their business. Start asking questions.

Back