It's been so long since I've been on a date and Im honestly scared to put myself back out there after being in a long term relationship for almost a decade that went nowhere SMDH. Never even thought I'd be entering my 40's still on the dating scene. Lesson learned albeit too late because I feel like my ex took all of my prime years which included my prime body. Online dating has changed a lot especially with more ppl being more open and more ppl with the screenshot option to share pics. Think I may enjoy more of my solo time and revisit in the new year.

I'm off the dating apps til January! I have a couple of guys to entertain me when I get bored LOL!!

giphy.gif

Had this great chat with a bm today and had to commend him for his parenting as he is active and it shows. I’m a equal opportunity employer when it comes to dating and it’s always nice to see traits in someone. It give’s hope for me or to at least know they do exist.

I met a 28 year old at a party over the weekend and he wanted to know if I was available to date. Errrrr, I’m in my early 40s (I tend to get mistaken for mid 20s). I knew he looked younger but I was thinking early to mid 30s. While we were dancing I stared directly into his eyes and started singing to him lyrics to the songs that were playing just to be fun. We danced through 5 songs before I got tired and sat down. Once he revealed his age I told him in a very sad voice that I’m so much older than him. He didn’t want to leave my side and wanted to keep in touch so I gave him my social media. He really wanted my phone number instead but was ok with it. Poor lad thought I was around his age but that still didn’t stop him from messaging me later saying he hopes we can connect sometime. I wish guys my age would come correct. These youngins seem to have better game.
This seems like a real connection, to me!

He thought I was gonna fall for the okie doke. Lolol. Nah, bruh. We’re in the season of men who would, do and those that know what they want. Men who drop hints don’t get fed. I’m not spoon-feeding anyone.

Those crumbs you doled out don’t satisfy the grown woman I am now , who needs a full course meal. I used to think a snack was what I wanted because it tasted good at the moment but now I realize the difference.

Ran across a profile that distinctively said prefer asain and Hispanic I’m like next as I respect others preferences as I have my own. I go through those who have liked me and Mr I like not black is in there. Baby I am the fantasy or nothing.

I think I know why stds are so high as I keep swipe left on these enm poly folks. Like I just am grossed out. And then so many look either down like 4 flat tires or sweet in a undesirable way. I’m the girl in the relationship. And lastly no one seems to know how to read and close the deal. Giving me your number or not initiating messages we will not get anywhere. Rant over just needed to say this.

This was worth the 2 plus hrs. Lots of reminders but also helped in things I struggle with yet have no support to bounce ideas from and I know many people aren’t healthy in how they navigate.

The young buck is still not letting up! He’s serving very grown man energy and still asking when he can see me. Now why couldn’t the 40 year old Gemini coward who played games in my DMs for months act like this (not to mention that clown’s IG got hacked so we lost touch and never met up as planned because we never exchanged numbers or email). Anyway, I brought up the age gap again and all he said is we’re both adults. A plus is he’s tall, gainfully employed, and highly educated. I’m kinda curious of his intentions. Like so many guys he could be looking for just anyone to play with and that’s definitely not me.

The young buck is still not letting up! He’s serving very grown man energy and still asking when he can see me. Now why couldn’t the 40 year old Gemini coward who played games in my DMs for months act like this (not to mention that clown’s IG got hacked so we lost touch and never met up as planned because we never exchanged numbers or email). Anyway, I brought up the age gap again and all he said is we’re both adults. A plus is he’s tall, gainfully employed, and highly educated. I’m kinda curious of his intentions. Like so many guys he could be looking for just anyone to play with and that’s definitely not me.
I would try it. If you pick up the dog trying to get a bone then cut. 40 don’t mean smart or mature.

Back