My new co-worker is encouraging me to try online dating again. She named off a few older people she knew who found their SO online. It's kind of cool to hear. Once I got hired for the new job last week, I jumped right on off again. I have 2 subscriptions that run out at the end of the month. Maybe I should give them a try again. . .

I'm being encouraged to start dating again.
I had rough end of 2019 and horrible start to 2020, my dad died and I had to return home to bury him. That was a lot.
Still going through some stuff but as the weather gets warmer I might try online dating again via subscription.........to somewhere that doesn't piss me off. I just need some joker be gone spray that's all:drunk:

So many duds... My ex is back in the country and trying to convince me to get flewed out for a trip. I’m still trying to decide if I want to go (and if so, why I wanna go). I am honestly exhausted at the thought of anymore online dating.

On a hilarious note, bar fight hit me up saying we should link up soon lol.

Last edited:
So I finally gave in and gave my number to this Nigerian guy who has been heavily flirting with me every time he stays at the hotel for the past 6 months. Long story short, he has too much baggage. Why did dude try to hook me up with his younger brother?!!! He said that he liked me, thought that I would make a good wife and wanted me in his family :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:Too bad brother isn't in the States cause I might've taken him up on the offer :look: .

My friend (63 y/o white man) like likes me. I figured it out but didn’t say anything because I hoped it would go away lol. As Valentine’s Day approaches, he invited me to the most expensive restaurant in the city and I had to have “the talk” with him. I told him that I’m being selfish with myself and my time and I wasn’t in a romantic relationship state of mind. I told him that I valued his friendship and support and didn’t want to lose that. I made the mistake and didn’t friend zone him. I just continued interacting with him like always. I accepted his invitation to hang out as friends on VD at a less expensive restaurant lol.

Now he wants me to meet his son and his family. :drunk:

My friend (63 y/o white man) like likes me. I figured it out but didn’t say anything because I hoped it would go away lol. As Valentine’s Day approaches, he invited me to the most expensive restaurant in the city and I had to have “the talk” with him. I told him that I’m being selfish with myself and my time and I wasn’t in a romantic relationship state of mind. I told him that I valued his friendship and support and didn’t want to lose that. I made the mistake and didn’t friend zone him. I just continued interacting with him like always. I accepted his invitation to hang out as friends on VD at a less expensive restaurant lol.

Lol!!!

Is he wealthy? Can he add real value to your life?

Do you have kids (if you wanted them)?

I follow this young BW on IG that someone had mentioned in this forum. She is living her best life on her older DH dime. Had two kids with 4yrs or so.

I’m just saying......

I have a 29 y/o daughter and want a grandbaby. No babies of my own at this point :lachen:

I definitely have considered exactly what you’re suggesting and may have been looking for that same person on IG. :look:

Lol!!!

Is he wealthy? Can he add real value to your life?

Do you have kids (if you wanted them)?

I follow this young BW on IG that someone had mentioned in this forum. She is living her best life on her older DH dime. Had two kids with 4yrs or so.

I’m just saying......

I have a 29 y/o daughter and want a grandbaby. No babies of my own at this point :lachen:

I definitely have considered exactly what you’re suggesting and may have been looking for that same person on IG. :look:

Heck.... even better situation. No need for kids. So more relaxation and companionship.
Since he is in the pursuit and impress phase, you have the upper hand and advantage to negotiate what you want.

the BW IG handle is @rivkaahh

Heck.... even better situation. No need for kids. So more relaxation and companionship.
Since he is in the pursuit and impress phase, you have the upper hand and advantage to negotiate what you want.

the BW IG handle is @rivkaahh
Thank you for the advice (because I’m still trying to figure out how to handle this/what to do) and the IG handle. :2inlove:

Last edited:

This is hilarious. I remember that Rugrats episode too. He loved that new toy before he found out it was a clown. He played with it non stop. It be that way in dating too. You be all excited, got yourself a new boo, then 3 months in sometimes even less than that you find out he’s a joke. Smh. This guy at my job is giving me clown vibes, I’m trying not to get involved until I know his true character. When I’m caught up in my feelings I can be in denial.

Last edited:

My Daddy's taking you shopping!!! :cry3:

Is it bad that I'm a little more excited about this guy because I found out that he's an Aquarius :lachen:?? My bestie is one and so is my closet guy friend. I mean, if two of my favorite people share the same sign, then Aquariuses must be good people LOL!

Homegirl is trippin over a 2 year age difference! They're cute together :2inlove: I love Date Lab!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...bed5-880264cc91a9_story.html#comments-wrapper

Date Lab: Would his age make or break the date?
imrs.php

Olivia Elder is 23 and works in criminal justice reform advocacy. She has been told “that I ‘keep people on their toes,’ and that sounds like a compliment.” Chima Ndukwe is 21 and a medical student who has also dabbled in comedy and theater. He describes himself as “like an encyclopedia, except more random.” (Daniele Seiss/The Washington Post)
By
Marin Cogan
Jan. 23, 2020 at 6:00 a.m. EST

Olivia Elder is open to finding love in unexpected places. After all, her parents met on a blind date and got engaged six months later. She's even applied to be on a few dating shows. In her Date Lab profile, she said she was ideally looking for a "well-traveled nonprofit lawyer who loves fitness and the outdoors," or a "B-list rapper who loves my career and independence almost as much as he loves pontificating about his craft."

We didn’t have any traveling nonprofit lawyers or B-list rappers in our mix, but we did have someone who seemed promising: Chima Ndukwe, a medical student at Howard University. Like Olivia, who works in criminal justice reform advocacy, he seemed passionate and engaged on social issues. He told me he was looking for “a free-spirited, open person who’s liberal. I can’t really mess with somebody who I know doesn’t share my values.” With a background in theater, speech and comedy, he seemed comfortable being in the spotlight but not cocky or attention-seeking.

There was just one sort of major issue: Chima’s age. He’s 21, she’s 23. In her profile, she wrote that 22 was as young as she wanted to go. But Chima seemed mature for his age, and I didn’t want to hold a few months against him. I asked Olivia to give him a shot.

She spotted Chima immediately at Momofuku in CityCenterDC. “He was young; I could just tell,” she said. Is that all? She had to admit, he looked nice. “His jewelry was better than mine, his outfit was better than mine,” she said.

Chima also liked what he saw. “She was attractive, obviously, and her outfit was very nice and classy, professional,” he said — before clarifying that he really wasn’t trying to judge what kind of person she was based on her clothes, just to point out that he thought she looked good.

imrs.php

Olivia and Chima. (Daniele Seiss/The Washington Post)
“The first thing he said to me was, ‘Oh, I’m so glad you’re black,’ ” Olivia recalled. She has always preferred real talk to small talk and was pleasantly surprised that he went there so soon. They discussed their different backgrounds — “I’m a black American descended from slaves, and he’s Nigerian American” she explained — and their different experiences attending George Washington University, where she went, and Howard. They also talked about their interracial dating experiences.

Chima said: “Even in D.C., which is a very liberal city, there’s still a difference between dating someone black and dealing with people who are either racist but don’t know that they’re racist, or people who think they aren’t racist, are down for the culture, but come off as pandering and microaggressive.” It was the kind of conversation, Olivia said, “that would have been more difficult if one of us were white.”

They split a smoked trout dip, chicken wings and garlic noodles. They each stuck to one drink — a relief to Olivia, who can’t really handle alcohol in anything more than extreme moderation. “He was really funny” about it, she said. “I expected to get bullied — that does happen when I go on dates, really frequently.”

Olivia teased him about his age. At one point, she said she’d never been to a Howard homecoming but always wanted to go; Chima, very casually, mentioned that, no matter what became of their date, she should come along with him and his friends next year.

Before they knew it, 3 1 / 2 hours had gone by. They debated getting dessert, but neither of them wanted any and Olivia had to get ready for a trip the next day. So they decided to call it a night. They got the rest of their food boxed up. “He got my jacket for me, which was nice,” Olivia said. They traded numbers and followed each other on Instagram.

Both of them later said they had a really good time. “She seems like a pretty great person, as far as a person can seem from one conversation,” Chima said. But there was still the age issue. Olivia admitted it’d probably be different if Chima were 23. “I’d set him up with my sister,” she said. “I know that sounds bad, but that’s a good thing! It’s like, you could be in my family.”

Still, Olivia seemed not totally certain what would happen next. “I don’t know how it’s going to be,” she said. “We could definitely, for sure, be friends. We’ll see.”

AD

Rate the date
Olivia: 4 [out of 5].

Chima: 4.5.

Update
A week later, they were still texting but hadn’t made any firm plans.

Is it bad that I'm a little more excited about this guy because I found out that he's an Aquarius :lachen:?? My bestie is one and so is my closet guy friend. I mean, if two of my favorite people share the same sign, then Aquariuses must be good people LOL!

We sure are great people :lachen:

Three of my good friends are Libras and I've noticed that I seem to get along the best with Libra men.

This is hilarious. I remember that Rugrats episode too. He loved that new toy before he found out it was a clown. He played with it non stop. It be that way in dating too. You be all excited, got yourself a new boo, then 3 months in sometimes even less than that you find out he’s a joke. Smh. This guy at my job is giving me clown vibes, I’m trying not to get involved until I know his true character. When I’m caught up in my feelings I can be in denial.

Come to find out this fool is a clown. He and I happened to be on lunch break together and he proceeds to tell me how he and his friends bar hopped until 2 in the morning looking for women they could sleep with. I love how he talks about his friend’s shenanigans throughout the night but fails to mention what he was doing when they were making out with women in the car and at the bar. I was not born yesterday. He fine but I’m too old to accept that type of behavior from a man. I’m looking for my husband. I don’t have time for clowns and their circus acts.

I’ve stepped allll the way back from online dating. I paused my profiles about a week ago, and I’m not really talking to anyone from the apps. I tend to let go of all of the men in my rotation at once... is anyone else like that?? Literally within 3 days they all end, lol.

There’s this guy that lives in my building who is my bus buddy once a week. We chat at the stop and sit together for the ride
home. He’s cute, a White Hispanic, left his job as a Tax Manager at Ernst & Young to attend the #1 Accounting Program in the nation. We have great convos so far and I think he’s tryna let me know he likes the chocolate ;). He lives pretty high up in the building, but he takes the stairs to walk with me to my floor:smile:

Last week he asked for my number, this week he asked me to come out to a friend’s b-day party with him. I’m busy, but it’s promising!

There’s also a Nigerian man I met on the app, that is actually in my Bible Study. That’s going much slower and I’m not expecting too much from that one.

Back