Crushbae was gifted tickets to see the Kanye Opera yesterday, and he took me. All NYC's cool kids were in attendance. I didn't go expecting much, but the choir was lovely.

We came back to my apt and cooked. We’re going to dinner Christmas Eve, and I’m actually going to give a man a gift, lol.

He said something very interesting that prompted me to ask if he thought he was in love with me. He said yes.

Something else he said lets me know that my time in this thread is coming to an end.

So odd that we weren’t on the same page for two years, and suddenly things fall into place so seamlessly.

Every time this dude comes to into town, he stays at the hotel that I work at. He hits on me every time he sees me. He's African, tall, technically attractive, but he is overly sexual. Talking about "do you want to be my friend?" :rolleyes: Then tonight this clown comes up to me while I'm eating and says that he wants to eat what I'm eating. I said, "No. I don't share my food." He looked legitimately offended. Good. Get out of my face.

Every time this dude comes to into town, he stays at the hotel that I work at. He hits on me every time he sees me. He's African, tall, technically attractive, but he is overly sexual. Talking about "do you want to be my friend?" :rolleyes: Then tonight this clown comes up to me while I'm eating and says that he wants to eat what I'm eating. I said, "No. I don't share my food." He looked legitimately offended. Good. Get out of my face.

Lol that's one of the quickest ways to turn me off...asking for some of my food when I'm in the middle of eating it. I don't play when it comes to my food.:brucelee::lol:

I don't post much in this thread anymore because I have a steady and 2 rotational dudes that I take off the bench every now and again but I'm so annoyed right now and need to vent.

I recently met a new guy and we exchanged numbers. He texted me consistently for 1 whole week. On Monday he asked if we could get together. I agreed and told him I was free either the Thursday or Friday of this week. He said ok and then tried to get me to come all the way uptown to meet him. Strike 1. Eventually we agreed to meet half way. On Christmas Eve he texted me all day and night when I told him I would be with my family. He said he doesn't celebrate Christmas and he wasn't going home because he had just gone home for Thanksgiving. Because of this I assumed he was lonely and let it slide even though really that was strike 2.

On Wednesday (Christmas Day) I texted him Merry Christmas and responded to some other comments he made the day before. No response. Thursday comes, no response. Friday comes no response even though we were supposed to be "getting coffee". Strike 3 so I deleted the text box and his number wasn't saved. He texts me just now asking how my weekend is going. I have no idea who he is so I ask who it is.

He writes back "wow" and makes a joke about me getting a new phone. I am honest and say I just assumed he lost interest since the day of our plans came and went with no response from him. He says I could have texted him too. Umm I did and there was no response. What don't you get? I just stopped responding to him and he eventually writes back "Best of luck". Like why are dudes so annoying? I know I'm not looking for a new guy so this is what I get for giving out my number in the first place and causing myself aggravation for no reason.

I'm relatively introverted and closed off so I don't have the best of luck with dating. I met someone online two months ago and things seemed to be going pretty well. Daily texts to check in on each other, calls whenever we could. I even opened up a bit. When we saw each other right before Christmas, we talked about a next date and meeting his kid in the not too distant future but that next date got cancelled at the last minute. After that, the daily texts I used to get stopped. Now just radio silence.

This has happened twice before - once when he left his phone somewhere and another time we discovered a glitch that was causing a delay in our texts. But I sent a message through WhatsApp just checking to make sure he was OK and we aren't having another technical issue. I can see that it's been read. Again no response.

I know I made the mistake of getting attached too early, but I'm still a bit gutted that he's probably ghosted me.

This phrase right here makes me want to punch dudes in the face. Why are these boys such princesses?!
I didn't even respond. It was an attempt to either draw me into an argument or put the responsibility on me for keeping the date, neither of which I was interested in entertaining, particularly since he couldn't even be bothered to respond to my conversational texts 2 days before the date and the next I hear from him is a whole day after. No thanks I'm good.

Has anyone tried this app? It caters to black folks and has excellent reviews. Same people own Tinder so it uses the same features but is a bit more limited. (ex: you can't choose the distance for matches.)
ucXST7T.jpeg

Yes. I have. this is where I met the guy who ghosted me.

The site is ok, after awhile I got bored with it, like I do with all dating sites.

I don't post much in this thread anymore because I have a steady and 2 rotational dudes that I take off the bench every now and again but I'm so annoyed right now and need to vent.

I recently met a new guy and we exchanged numbers. He texted me consistently for 1 whole week. On Monday he asked if we could get together. I agreed and told him I was free either the Thursday or Friday of this week. He said ok and then tried to get me to come all the way uptown to meet him. Strike 1. Eventually we agreed to meet half way. On Christmas Eve he texted me all day and night when I told him I would be with my family. He said he doesn't celebrate Christmas and he wasn't going home because he had just gone home for Thanksgiving. Because of this I assumed he was lonely and let it slide even though really that was strike 2.

On Wednesday (Christmas Day) I texted him Merry Christmas and responded to some other comments he made the day before. No response. Thursday comes, no response. Friday comes no response even though we were supposed to be "getting coffee". Strike 3 so I deleted the text box and his number wasn't saved. He texts me just now asking how my weekend is going. I have no idea who he is so I ask who it is.

He writes back "wow" and makes a joke about me getting a new phone. I am honest and say I just assumed he lost interest since the day of our plans came and went with no response from him. He says I could have texted him too. Umm I did and there was no response. What don't you get? I just stopped responding to him and he eventually writes back "Best of luck". Like why are dudes so annoying? I know I'm not looking for a new guy so this is what I get for giving out my number in the first place and causing myself aggravation for no reason.

My dear, you were supposed to chase after him- after all, he is the prize. :rolleyes:

Saw my therapist yesterday, and he said something that I hadn't noticed about myself when it comes to dating. He said that I attract takers and that I try to fix them. He said that I try to show them that the world is a better place. I'm naturally an advocate (Myers-Briggs) and I tend to become a person's cheerleader. I never thought about the negative ways it could affect how I interact with men. The guys that I've dealt with eat it up, and I'm always the one who leaves feeling unappreciated and taken advantage of. Now that I know this about myself, I can work on holding back and not giving so much emotional energy.

Saw my therapist yesterday, and he said something that I hadn't noticed about myself when it comes to dating. He said that I attract takers and that I try to fix them. He said that I try to show them that the world is a better place. I'm naturally an advocate (Myers-Briggs) and I tend to become a person's cheerleader. I never thought about the negative ways it could affect how I interact with men. The guys that I've dealt with eat it up, and I'm always the one who leaves feeling unappreciated and taken advantage of. Now that I know this about myself, I can work on holding back and not giving so much emotional energy.
This is interesting, is an advocate entp or enfp? Those are what I am(I flip flop) and I am a natural cheerleader/motivator, so I can see how this would spill over into the dating world...

Back