@yaya24 & @Bette Davis Eyes good news! my foot isn't broken or anything like that. I've been icing it and keeping it elevated. It feels so much better.

I've decided to open up a second checking account to save for my car. I decided I want a hybrid. To save a down payment of $8,700 i'd only need to save $290 per check. I'm thinking about opening a second checking account to keep things a lil bit more organized.

I'd have: checking #1 (rent & ultilities, school tuition)
checking #2-this is where the down payment for the car would be
savings account
christmas club savings account

I don't make enough money to contribute to a Roth IRA or 401k right now with my current job so that would have to wait until I finish nursing school, pass the NCLEX and start working as a RN
i've been reading up on personal finance and watching caleb hammer's youtube channel where he does financial audits. I realized I have an amazon addiction so I will only buy books maybe twice a year--in the summer and for my birthday. I also do not and will not buy expensive gifts this christmas, especially since everyone is grown and my siblings and I are childfree.

I also can cut my gym membership and probably cut either hulu or netflix. I just need one. Other than that, I watch youtube.
I like to have fun but I don't want to break the bank to do so. Plus the library is free and I can take advantage of the free classes they have.

Back