I feel bad for her. This dude is trash and he's talking about her doing all this like that's what makes her worthy of marriage. No it makes him look pitiful and like she felt like she couldn't do any better than his sorry self. The mom comments are funny and should make him feel pathetic but I also feel bad because they must be hurtful to that woman. Why do women do this?
His thread kind of feels self congratulatory about how well he played her.

Today is a rough day. I’ve been doing so well with the breakup, but I’m packing for a move and everything is hitting me at once.

It’s like an entire chapter of my life is over. I’m leaving my first home that I invested so much love, money and time into, my friends, I no longer love the man I thought I’d spend my life with in that way, and to top it all off I’m doing all of this alone.

I’ll be ok. Just needed an outlet I guess.

Today is a rough day. I’ve been doing so well with the breakup, but I’m packing for a move and everything is hitting me at once.

It’s like an entire chapter of my life is over. I’m leaving my first home that I invested so much love, money and time into, my friends, I no longer love the man I thought I’d spend my life with in that way, and to top it all off I’m doing all of this alone.

I’ll be ok. Just needed an outlet I guess.

Sorry that your going thru all of this.
I hope you are,ok.

"I'm single again, back on the prowl!" The guy that I was seeing ended it, because he is set on not having kids and I definitely want to have kids. :( He said that he did a lot of thinking and he didn't want this to hurt me in the future, so he'd rather end it. We were definitely into each other and decided to give it a try due to our attraction to each other. I still do not understand his reason for not wanting them although he explained it to me, but I respect his feelings and I am moving on.

I've been adding more workouts to my schedule and hanging out as much as possible with gfs who aren't doing male obsession
Try some magnesium and zinc. They help with anxiety and depression. I suggest a gratitude journal and write at least 10 things you are grateful for everyday. Are you working with a doctor or therapist? That’s really good you are exercising. That helps the mind and body a lot.
I realized my cycle really does a number on my body and mental state. Check with your Doctor about that too.

Last edited:
Try some magnesium and zinc. They help with anxiety and depression. I suggest a gratitude journal and write at least 10 things you are grateful for everyday. Are you working with a doctor or therapist? That’s really good you are exercising. That helps the mind and body a lot.

I am, re doctor and therapist. will look into the magesium and zinc. I journal according to an exercise from my therapy.

I am, re doctor and therapist. will look into the magesium and zinc. I journal according to an exercise from my therapy.
That is good! Just remember to take it one day at a time! That sounds cliche’, but it’s really all we can do! I can totally empathize with how you may feel and even your concerns about dating. I wake up in darkness every morning and do several things to bring me into the day of light.

I’m so annoyed with these ninjas. I’m taking a “break” and I’m realizing that I never have been not seeing anyone in some capacity.

Even this break won’t be official because I got a friendbae that I don’t think I can ever get rid of because sadly, he’s my closest and most consistent friend.

I need to fix my life but I am having a hard time finding a therapist.

I’m so annoyed with these ninjas. I’m taking a “break” and I’m realizing that I never have been not seeing anyone in some capacity.

Even this break won’t be official because I got a friendbae that I don’t think I can ever get rid of because sadly, he’s my closest and most consistent friend.

I need to fix my life but I am having a hard time finding a therapist.

Good places to start
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists

https://www.therapyforblackgirls.com/gd_therapist/

Thank you. I've used both of those links before. For some reason I am still having trouble.

The idea of unloading all my crazy stories on a stranger is frightening. I only want a black woman around my age but the chances that we run in the same circles are high. I am pretty sure that its anxiety that has me thinking like that. What's a girl to do?

I would suggest expanding your age range a bit more or be open to someone other than a Black woman, I know i know.
Your concerns are valid this is why I went older also. I don't want to go out for drinks and run into my therapist in the bar bathroom... which has happened to someone I know.

All that being said try an older black woman.

Thank you. I've used both of those links before. For some reason I am still having trouble.

The idea of unloading all my crazy stories on a stranger is frightening. I only want a black woman around my age but the chances that we run in the same circles are high. I am pretty sure that its anxiety that has me thinking like that. What's a girl to do?

I would suggest expanding your age range a bit more or be open to someone other than a Black woman, I know i know.
Your concerns are valid this is why I went older also. I don't want to go out for drinks and run into my therapist in the bar bathroom... which has happened to someone I know.

All that being said try an older black woman.
Sometimes older black women don’t understand. Try to find one outside of your circle I know of one I went to school with but she’s in N.J.

Back